AMD Catalyst 8.86 (Win 7/Vista x86/x64)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 4, 2011.

1. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    10-bit for input and output only works when Direct3d mode is selected and 'disable desktop composition (aero)' is also selected.

When quitting Direct3d mode the screen goes blank (need ctrl-alt-delete to bring up the options list for task manager etc). This is a known bug!

The setup I described is for ultimate playback experience on a true HDTV, the better the TV the better the difference is apparent :)

2. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    wow.. skipped to page 5 so i miss all the BS coming from perosmct and his whining and also to skip all the responders to him.. all i wana do is read the feedbeck of these 'beta' drivers and all i see is complainers or responders to complainers. Cant ppl just shut their mouths unless they're actually talking about the drivers here ffs.

So perosmct.. SHUT UP!

I'm done.

3. srps

srps Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GT OCV1
    Can't say I have this problem. Besides, what the hell? If almost no one noticed the corner mouse bug, I wonder how many people would notice something so... unusual to do even, let alone replicate.

4. Valagard

Valagard Guest

No offense, I'm with you

Every, freaking, driver update, beta or offical, perosmct is there causing trouble

Mods, for the love of god, DO SOMETHING

Its obvious he's trolling

EDIT: Also we drudged up posts that perosmct does indeed own a Nvidia system, DUAL GTX 580's

But if you bring it up, he'll reply with "Oh, um, no I don't have them anymore, I sold them for a Radeon"

EDIT: It was somebody else I was talking about, sorry pero, but its hard to sort out all these damn forum trolls

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2011

5. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    Agreed with you guys.
    He is doing this since the 10.5-6 drivers. I'm sick of him, he is a troll.
    Just, block him or ignore him, not even reply him.

Now, about the drivers.

No more mouse lag bug (no that it disturbed my work or gameplay anyway.)
    Stable, CCC opens faster. Dirt3 works like wonders. (70fps vsync at Ultra at 1280x960)

And that's about it so far.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    I apologise for responding like I did to those comments! I am actually very happy with the AMD drivers overall. Like most people in these discussions its more likely people will discuss issues they have, most people using the drivers probably don't encounter these issues and therefore don't post. However, comments like the trolls saying BSODS are completely impossible likewise with other errors leads to people not discussing if they do have issues to avoid ridicule, and thats very much counterproductive.

Anyways, the issue I have with the BSOD, and no doubt others who may find the drivers not as good as previous driver just means more eagerness for the next driver to come around to try that one out :)

7. Lord Bunky

Lord Bunky New Member

GPU:
    Asus HD 6990
    Sound drivers

AvP demo 122.5fps at 830mhz on 6990. Will try 880mhz tomorrow.

Crysis 2 little flicker on Nano Vision, but a lot less than it was.

No BSOD at all. No mouse lag either. Best driver so far on my card.

8. rno

rno Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB
    Has anyone tested those drivers with Radeon 48xx cards, how does it work?

9. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi...

Mouse Lag Finally Gone, ThankZ "AMD and asder00", Found one new Weird process starting after Logon , it starts after Loading ATI Catalyst tray icon it's called "MMLoadDrv" it's starting from "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MMLoadDrv - when this process starts the Catalyst Center Icon will show on Taskbar and then it goes, so this process too... Any idea wat's this process.....

10. eXisor

eXisor Member

GPU:
    GTX 580 3gb
    Running 8.86 atm (I uninstalled profiles before I installed them so I'm using their inbuilt profiles). Seems fine on Crysis 2 (no flicker for me) but I didn't test it for long so can't vouch for fps or other levels light issues. Witcher 2 seems fine also (no light balls) although they don't feel quite as smooth as 11.5 rc5.

Oddly, Radeonpro freezes my machine with them (JKA opengl), which it didn't do with other drivers.

11. velocityx

velocityx Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    I wonder when will be the next 11.4 of the year. they said they gonna put out three major iterations that boost performance. 11.4 was one of them, wonder if august brings another one and then november for bf3 or something

12. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    As I suggested in another thread, I reckon one of them will be around the time of the Bulldozer launch, if the driver can make use of any of the new instructions introduced with FMA4, XOP, and CVT16. If this is the case, performance will probably be improved with other CPU's too, maybe just not to the same extent. This is completely a guess, although I would be surprised if AMD don't make use of FMA4, XOP, and CVT16 if they are useful straight away as it would be impressive as a gaming combo straight away (bulldozer + radeon HD6xxx) over other combos.

Remember when Bulldozer cpu's become available there will be a lot of benchmarking done, AMD would really have to jump on the chance straight away since there will be fewer benchmarks later and first impressions stick straight away!

:bigsmile: Maybe I should add a few more straight away's to highlight the potential importance!

If they did this:
    Nvidia :peeleft:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  13. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    If you guys have a issue with someone, just report his post, problem solve. The admins will look into it.

14. RodsterPS360

RodsterPS360 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 w/ACX Cooling
    What are the chances the 11.6 set will include the fixes found in this release? :3eyes:

15. eMbAh

eMbAh Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 770
    100%?

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    1000000%

17. Amdgameplayer

Amdgameplayer Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd HD6970 crossfire
    10000000000%

18. wajn

wajn Member

GPU:
    2x 4890
    So, was the final verdict that mouse lag is fixed or not? -_-

19. steveyc27

steveyc27 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti Hybrid
    I can't get these drivers installed for some reason, I uninstall, safe mode + driver sweeper, reinstall, reboot and I get a message saying "No ATI graphics driver is installed" with a Code 39 in device manager. I've tried it twice, and then reinstalled RC5 and no problems. I have Vista 64bit, is anyone else running into this with the 8.86 driver?

20. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    It's fixed.
    And I'm also one of the people who still had the lag when some people said it's fixed a few versions ago.

You might need asder to make a Vista fix for it.
    Even official hotfixes sometimes don't support Vista by default.