AMD Catalyst 15.x Win Mod (15.200.1036 May 22) with VSR unlocked

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Vbs, May 31, 2015.

1. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    At least the frametime you get is constant...maybe they could fix the "Tour de France" ups and downs frametime graph from GTA V! :D

2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    70ms frametime at 60FPS is like a slideshow to me :D
    AMD + Frametime = Not very good.

3. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    buenas!

i posted in the other thread with the guinea pigs ;) that i have the exact same problem.
    but i have the problem with asder00's mod too.
    i tried everything. cleaning multiple times, install .inf, use setup.exe, install via device manager.
    always "INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR" at the same time of the driver installation. so reproduceable.

the only difference is that i have build 10125 instead of 10130... so i could ... if i had the time... install 10130 and then try asder00... but on the other hand i am curious what kind of error this is because you got it aswell now...

perhaps i have to really disconnect one card of the pcie slot and test again.
    i just tested with disabling one card in device manager. but i guess this is ignored when installing a new driver and 2 cards are found...
    i dont know tho...
    it's the only thing i see we both have in our configuration ... CFX...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  4. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Any reason to use these drivers over the "R9 300 modded" ones? Overall I get better performance from modded Win 10 drivers vs official 14.12 and 15.x betas. Even Witcher 3 performs better on R9 300 modded than on the official Witcher 3 drivers 15.5. All of the modded drivers have pretty much equal performance on my card.
    Although with R9 300 modded drivers I got that infamous "Sleep" bug when PC just freeze whenever I try to wake my PC up from the Sleep mode. Never had this issue on all of the previous stable/beta drivers.

5. Vbs

Vbs Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970, 1506/7806
    Maybe it's related to the HDMI audio driver? In asder's driver its only installed in Win8.1.

Thanks. :)

No reason, we're being thrown into a sea of drivers lately, take your pick! :p

These should allow for more components to be installed on the different windows versions and OpenCL should be working properly.

6. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I don't think so.The bluescreen occurs always while installing the GPU drivers in between the two "blackout" a few seconds after accepting the install of unsigned drivers.

As vase said maybe CFX setup is a factor in this bluescreen.