AMD Catalyst 15.x Win 8.1 MOD (15.200.1018.1 April 1)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by vinyl, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Zundur

Zundur New Member

GPU:
    R9 280
    Hello, i have same problem. I bought new amd card, Sapphire R9 280. But there is too much stuttering in my Fifa 13 and Fifa 14. There is no problem in my ex card(nvidia). How did you remove stuttering with radeonpro?

2. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
  3. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    About to release DDU 15.1.0.0 that should fix this.

Edit: Released.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  4. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Thanks Wagnard. Love your work. Great job as always.

5. keto

keto New Member

GPU:
    2x Sapphire Tri-X R9-290
    Thank you for this and to the OP, these have greatly improved crossfire performance for me in GTA V over the 15.4 windows 8.1 driver.

6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Have you checked single card performance?

7. keto

keto New Member

GPU:
    2x Sapphire Tri-X R9-290
    Yes briefly, no issues at all, runs very well with this windows 10 driver. Haven't done a direct comparison but the frame rate on single card seems more consistent than before also, frame drops are far less frequent. The difference in crossfire is huge, it was unplayable before with two cards.

8. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    One thing with these drivers. GTA V with DX10.1 causes pixelations.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  9. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I did some testing, it feels smoother, but I really didn't have the time to actually play.

The numbers don't seem to back up the feeling though.

10. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Been going back and forth betweeen 7, 8.1, and 10 (10071) on my desktop and laptop, and here's some brief results.

3D graphics seem to be a slight improvement with the WDDM 2.0 drivers on my 7850, but are a slight downgrade on my 7660G + 7670M laptop.

Both platforms seem to also experience some instability (my 7850 has hard GPU crashes with GTA V, and my dual graphics laptop just crashes on the first start of any 3D app strangely).

As for the OS itself, almost every aspect (disk, 2D, 3D, CPU, memory) performs slightly better on 7 than 10, and even 8.1 on my laptop. On my desktop, 3D and memory gain a slight performance improvement on 8.1 and 10 over 7. So a quick (and un-throuough) observation may be that GCN hardware benefits on 8.1 and 10, but pre-GCN benefits on 7, with current drivers.

Realistically, the numbers are pretty small, and aren't even noticeable in real-world tests.

Now, as for GTA V; along with the random instability, I also have a weird VRAM thing going on. On 8.1 and 7, GTA V can easily use 1.5-1.9GB of VRAM. On 10, I usually see between 900MB and 1.2GB with the same settings, and there's also random periods of mass hitching/stuttering. Aside from that; performance isn't any different noticeably between the three OS versions on my desktop.

On 10, I used the 15.200 drivers from WU on both platforms. On 7 and 8.1, I used 15.4 beta. Same tweaks were used on all 3 OS versions (disabled dynamic ticks on 8.1 and 10 since 7 doesn't have it).

Of course this was observed with a non-released OS and driver :p So the numbers can change later on. But for now, i'll probably just head back to 7.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015

11. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Two requests: Could you leave dynamic ticks/hpet on the default setting in 8.1/10, and see of the game hitches again?

Also, have you tried with the 15.4 drivers on 10 to see what kind of performance you would get (with dynamic ticks/hpet on default preferably).

12. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Hey **** dude how are the vbs drivers working out for you man? They're ****ing amazing for me, and glad to hear they work super for you, awesome stuff man. :D Great work by the guys that modded it, vbs etc.

Now with this driver we should see performance improvements in every single game where there's cpu heavy stuff. :D Awesome stuff.

Why you using DX 10.1 man, not using DX11? :D

13. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    The game wouldn't load with DX11 at first :)

14. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  15. kurtferro

kurtferro Member Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    I tried Windows 10 last build with last update driver, i tried two games, both DX11, and all two crash random with black artifacts, driver crash and sometimes system freeze, perhaps works well for benc but too early for real use, on widows 8.1 is stable?

In my test with windows 10 i have 2/3 more fps than windows 7 with 15.4 :wanker:

less benc and more game test.

I honestly don't see improvements, or progress, in performance considering both the drivers and operating systems.

Last edited: May 7, 2015

16. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    Can the VSR script be applied to this driver, that worked with 15.3 drivers (and carried over ok to 15.4 installed on top of them)?

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  18. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    I installed those on Wedsnesday for a nice pCARS boost, but because I'm using a DVI-VGA cable to connect my old monitor, I don't have VSR option in CCC.

19. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Try to use CRU maybe N0body?

20. Ulukay

Ulukay Member

GPU:
    2x 7950@1.1GHz