AMD Catalyst 15.x (15.200.1040.0 June 8) Win 7/8.1/10 x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. dmr2

dmr2 Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 280x
    Thanks

2. dmr2

dmr2 Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 280x
    where can I find that fix?

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  4. dmr2

dmr2 Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 280x
    thanks, works fine :)

5. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
  6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Have you checked for clock fluctuations when it was a 290x?

7. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    It is possible that when the bios of the xfx r9 390x delivers more voltage to the core in comparison. So say you were running your r9 290x at those clocks with 50% power limit and at 1.3 volt, now you maybe running it with 1.32 or something volt. Sometimes lower voltage doesn't mean artifacts or crash, but rather a decrease in performance.

Another thing, did you use the same drivers and did you make sure that the clocks were the same? At times the clocks at gpuz maybe shown as set but not yet applied by afterburner.

Last but not least, did you run the firestrike benchmark alone or did you test it along with the other 3dmark11 benchmarks? Results can be lower, if the gpu was stressed prior to the testing.

8. fish

fish Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 5700 XT
    Is it possible to enable frame rate limiter and 4k vsr with these amazing drivers?

I have been trying to read all the threads, but got a bit lost with it all.

9. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Yes and it was not hitting the 95c targed, it was hovering around 89-92 and the clock was locked at 1100-1099

I did use the same 1040 drivers, at first i tried to install 15.15 but it only installed the CCC and not the display driver.. dunno why i thought the name
    of the card would change to 390x and it would directly let me install them new
    goodies but no. And yes the clocks were applied and all was the same, i use
    afterburner, put aux +100mV, core +38mV and power at +35%. I could go
    a lot higher but i need watercooling or something that ain't the reference..

P.S i ran only the firestrike.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  10. OneB1t

OneB1t Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X@R9 390X 1050/1325
    if you flash 290(x) with 390(x) bios the card ID will not change because its caused by resistor field on card itself :)
    thats why hacked driver is needed (your card still have id as 290(x)

11. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    A 280 BIOS I flash on my 7950 works fine but after powering down, when system runs again the VDDC is locked to 0.998mV and the MVDDC jumps from 1500mV to 1600mV and I can't change them with OC software.
    Do you think that's why? Not sure why a power down breaks everything.

12. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    Memory timings might be different (and probably are) in some bioses...I actually tested this with a couple of them...same clocks&volts different scores.

13. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It could be. Once flashing the BIOS and using DDU and reinstalling the drivers everything works great until I power down... Strange stuff.

14. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    back in the day we were able to edit memory timings and voltage in bios editors, since we cannot do that now, I can only assume two things: mem. timings are different and/or board power limit is different (this can be checked). With stock bios I used to get better score when I lower the default VRAM clock although no (visible) throttling was present. I increased the board power (didn't even touch power limit) and now it's working normally.

15. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X

16. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    what is the board's power limit in the old bios and what is it in the new bios? What is VDDC in 4th setting (boos) in old bios, what is in the new bios?

17. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    These two seem to be the only logical culprits for the differences, with my opinion going more towards the memory timings. Do you know your exact type of memory (MFR, AFR, Elpida etc), and the memory type of the card you flashed?

18. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Actually its all the same, my memory type is Hynix.
    In afterburner in both bioses the settings can go up to +100mv on core, +100mv on aux
    +50% on the power limit and 1365/1625 on the clocks. Nothing changed for me the card
    was fully unlocked with both bioses so i don't know what is actually causing this score bump.

19. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    There are a lot of types of Hynix GDDR5 memory, and you have separate timings configuration per bios on top of that.

[​IMG]

20. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    I have no clue, I was toying with my Dual-X. I used MSI bios, sapphire toxic bios, asus DC2 bios and some older dual-x bios with lower clocks.

I haven't dismantled the card (yet) so I have no clue what ddr5 it uses. I don't really care that much, I was just trying to see why some bioses can run @1100mhz no problem and some (my original) have issues.
    Short answer: board power limit.