AMD Catalyst 15.x (15.200.1038.0 May 29) Win7/8.1 - Now digitally Signed!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Vestar

Vestar Member

GPU:
    R9 290 Tri-X OC
    Thanks again.
    I'll test it out!

2. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    Didn't have time to fully test it, at face value I see no improvement of FPS or Crossfire scalability.
    But I notice less stuttering on GTA 5.

3. BYNC

BYNC New Member

GPU:
    ASUS-R9290-4GD5
    I didn't find my asus r9 290 in the list of supported cards, does it mean that i can't use this drivers?

4. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Your GPU is supported.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015

5. BYNC

BYNC New Member

GPU:
    ASUS-R9290-4GD5
    I saw that another asus cards were in that list (asus r9295x2 for example), that's why I asked about mine... I think asus made something with their cards, because my one works only with 14.4 drivers, and that's why they're written separately in the list... I didn't see any sapphire or xfx cards there (sorry for my english, i'm russian)

6. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I didn't think a custom PCB from ASUS or MSI mean they are not supported by GPU maker.

My MSI Lightning 290X who uses a custom PCB design is not specifically on the list and it's supported like any other standard PCB mounted 290X.

Custom PCB design allow things like more power supply and/or better cooler solution than the official PCB design but the drivers are the same.Maybe some little additions are needed like the integration of specific fan profiles into the drivers in the first version your GPU allow by brand indication.

GPU drivers are WAY too complex and expensive to be developped by the brands.

7. BYNC

BYNC New Member

GPU:
    ASUS-R9290-4GD5
    but how can you explain asus cards in the list, not just AMD R...?

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I don't know, remember that i wrote:"I didn't (don't) think..." not "I'm 100% sure..."

:)

9. BYNC

BYNC New Member

GPU:
    ASUS-R9290-4GD5
    oh, of course! maybe you had some thoughts about it...

10. Dygaza

Dygaza Master Guru

GPU:
    Fury X 4GB
    I earlier said that I didn't had my gpu's idle clocks working with these drivers. Turned out it was my own fault when I flashed my bios, I accidently picked it from wrong folder and used ASUS overclock test bios instead, which didn't have working idle clock settings. Flashed normal bios back and now they work again :)

11. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    After installing this driver my bf4 crashes a lot on mantle and dx11. After i installed this driver my default volts is 1.213v instead of it being 1.263v. I know 1.263v is high but maybe it screwed around some more. i maybe should open up my case and flip the switch on both cards to see if it works. I just find it strange. I know i can ju boost voltage using msi afterburner but I bet something screwed around with voltages and made my card unstable. I installed 123.3 driver and still same 1.213v stock instead of 1.263v stock.

12. kimpet

kimpet Member

GPU:
    Powercolor R9 270X Devil
    I need help

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

13. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Update your Windows 7.

14. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi HD7950 Twin Frozr/3GB
    You're saying the driver is changing the core voltage of your card(s)?
    I'm having a hard time believing that to be the case but please do document your symptoms. Maybe just the readings are changing and the vcore is still the same? But that kind of sounds stupendous as well.

Got a multimeter?

15. On my R9 290 -- with VSR -- I only see resolutions up to 3200x1800, no 3840x2160. Anyone have any tips for getting 4k to show up?

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I believe that in some cases some GPU drivers in combination with some GPUs use (i mean apply REAL volt) lower voltage than needed for VRAM causing black screens, the core volt seems to be also possible.

Remember this voltages are software selected from the range allowed for your GPU and not something fixed, there is also the vdrop factor to consider so little corrections should be needed.

I use Afterburner on boot who apply a custom profile for core and Vram voltages and timings to avoid this problems.

17. sTOrM41

sTOrM41 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 @ 1500 MHz
    vsr working fine on windows 8.1 , but not on win7, any idea?

18. Krelianz

Krelianz Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290x
    Anyone knows if this driver has the optimizations for witcher 3? i want to update but right now that is what i am playing.

19. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Phoenix 1070 GS
    Tested and no. Not a single frame gained.

20. kimpet

kimpet Member

GPU:
    Powercolor R9 270X Devil
    I did windows update and the problem still persist

I open CCC it says

No AMD graphics driver installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.

Edit: Its ok now!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015