AMD Catalyst 15.x (15.200.1038.0 May 29) Win7/8.1 - Now digitally Signed!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    If the motherboard and the gpu support UEFI GOP and it is enabled in the bios, there is literally no time for pressing the button, since the keyboard gets initialized after Windows starts to boot.

2. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    msconfig?

3. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Master Guru

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    msconfig does it and so does booting from a usb with windows install

4. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Also from the metro interface, press the Power button holding Shift, and then restart, and it gets you to the mode selection screen at boot.

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Except it's missing from installation media as well. If it were available in installation media that would be fine too.

6. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Do you needed to reinstall due to an incorrect driver install? :3eyes:

NEVER use modded drivers, hacks, alpha version (and in some cases beta) if you don't know how to recover your OS (backup/recovery or other methods) from a failed installation/boot problem or if you are not using a different and dedicated Windows installation in a different partition.

NEVER.

I never test things in my stable and needed daily W8.1 OS install.

NEVER

The worst problem i had from a test was an imposible to boot Windows who lost bootloader and can't be repaired/corrected with OS install disk.

The "ethic" Linux fixed the Windows booting mechanism from a Live Linux USB bootable stick. :D

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  7. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    That's all well and good if you can boot into Windows in the first place!

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    You are so right. :)

This is the number one solution MS provide in his support forums when somebody ask how to boot into an unbootable Windows.

The MS usual parrot almost always write the same steps to select next boot option when it's not even posible to boot to select it! :D

9. idboms

idboms Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280x WF3 rev2
    Back on windows 8.1 now, installed this driver and ran the API overhead test:

Here is the same API overhead test on the 1036 driver in windows 10 Build 10130:

[​IMG]

10. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    Asder, how can I get openCL works in windows 8.1? Library are correctly placed in system directories, but GPU-Z still say no opencl support.

Thx

11. |ALE|

|ALE| Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury X
    someone has tried to mixup the CCC of 1038 with 1036 driver that has missinc CCC options like overdrive and video option?

12. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver Staff Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Driver is now digitally signed!! You do not need test mode or signature enforcement anymore.
    Thanks to leshcatlabs.net for the signature.

Enjoy!

This driver had the same bugged CCC as 1036, i used the the one from 15.5 beta like i did for the 1036 driver and it works.

13. Hana88

Hana88 Member Guru

GPU:
    Ati radeon 7970@ 1100/145
    Can someone upload this driver in another host?
    Thx!

14. djsolidsnake86

djsolidsnake86 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7850
    better than 15.5 beta official?

15. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Yes.

16. Hana88

Hana88 Member Guru

GPU:
    PLEAAASE, mega don't work with fastweeeb

17. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver Staff Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
  18. Hana88

Hana88 Member Guru

GPU:
  19. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
    I want to share something I hadn't noticed until now. It turns out that ever since I had bought my Sapphire R9 290X TriX OC 4 GB, I had it running with the non UEFI BIOS selected without knowing it.

Taking into account that I'm all in for the UEFI thing (I even have my two disk drives on GPT partitions), with the exception for a Hardware Fast Boot thing that my motherboard ASUS Z87-K lacks; I wonder if some of the issues I've been experiencing with the AMD drivers may be related to this.

As I said earlier, I cleanly installed Windows 10 10130 again today and I went ahead to install 1036 drivers modded by asder00 which, apart from some graphic glitches in the Start Menu, were working great yesterday in the same build, and, guess what? The old issues reappeared once more: long black screen delay upon booting, longer shutdown/restart times, etc.

Once I realized I was not using the UEFI BIOs for my video card, by the means of the latest GPU-Z version, I turned my PC off, changed the damn switch in the card, restarted in safemode and used DDU to uninstall the drivers. Restarted again, disabled the driver signature enforcement, restarted and reinstalled 1036 modded by asder00 and now they seem to be working well again.

To be honest, I don't know if I'm starting to drive myself crazy or not, but the fact that someone over here mentioned he had fixed the boot black screen by reflashing his graphics card video BIOS got me thinking. What if...

I, of course, realize that yesterday the same drivers were working well with the non UEFI BIOS for my card, but... I don't know.

Let me know what you think.
    Cheers!

20. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB