AMD Catalyst 15.x (15.200.1038.0 May 29) Win7/8.1 - Now digitally Signed!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Sounds like it actually. I trully wonder why they don't have a guy like asder00 or Vbs just making the Windows 8/8.1 packaging for them. They would have avoided SO much bad press. These are actually good drivers, and they even seem to improve over 1023.3. I'll download them and put the dlls in the repository in about an hour.

2. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Master Guru

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    can you upload the non modded one please for windows 10 thanks i don't want vsr just a non modded stable driver if that's ok 1036 caused windows 10 start menu to break

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  3. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    These ones also works in W10, in fact they should work better cause i think the original W10 ones has no VSR support enabled.

:)

4. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

unstable driver for me on win10 (2 pc).

7870xt for the first time freeze bf4 while playing, must close manually the exe from the task manager

290x one crash (bsod + freeze) on the first launch of project cars.. then after reboot, played with about a gain of 10fps max

this driver seems smooth but on my 2 pc a little unstable..

5. Dynastar

Dynastar Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780 GTX Ti SC
    Yes ! would be great also !
    Just the original driver package for Win 10 only 'cause strangely windows update does not show me this new one on build 10130.
    Thx by advance asder00
    Best regards

6. WarDocsRevenge

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    i don't need vsr anymore i have 4k monitors

7. Dygaza

Dygaza Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Got the drivers to work. I actually had to reflash bios to my 7970, so something was ****ed up. Someone reported same issues when using 15.5 beta, so there might be something seriously wrong.

Results:

1036:

DX11 MT 1 091 712
    DX11 ST 1 184 316

1038:

DX11 MT 1 121 610
    DX11 ST 1 184 317

No real difference, goes in margin.

8. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver Staff Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    This driver is not distributed with windows update, you won't find it there atleast for the time being.

The original driver came with very limited support of cards and your card is not one of them, so you must use the mod if you want to use this driver.

9. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The file versions appear to be the same as the 1036 driver. Any idea on what might have changed?

10. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver Staff Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Nope. :p

I have made a custom driver currently in testing over here with 4k vsr for 290(x) cards on win 8.1, it's based on the 1036 win 10 driver, if the feedback i get is what i'm looking for i can do the same for this driver too.

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    It's very possible you are right.Nobody can say they are not working hard NOW.
    Is Microsoft developing the AMD drivers?Maybe on February 30th. :D
    No way.

For the same reason they have a bundled software in the official drivers (Game Evolved) from a partner (Raptr) who hired the developer of RadeonPro and shutdown is developement by contract:

There is someone high in the AMD pyramid who is taking bad decisions (or no decisions at all) and since a long time.

It's not only a problem of money, it's a strategy (and coordination?) problem about being more agressive. Maybe in coordination with the PR and legal departaments, if they are loosing this GPU war (as it seems to be) they must put all their efforts in the same direction and in all fronts at the same time in a coordinated effort.

As a starting point in the right direction the reaction we see from AMD in the W10 drivers is a good sign but they need to do more, WAY more to close the driver support gap they have in relation to Nvidia support.

AMD has a better hardware and this is a big advantage they can use ONLY if they provide a good software who make it usable and a superior gaming experience!

12. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Don't read too much into the reported driver versions, or even the build descriptor for the individual files, as they are usually different. First sign of this is the file size in bytes, but even if it is the same do a file compare on them, they aren't bit-identical.

Think of it as if they've had code commits, but no version bumps :).

13. WarDocsRevenge

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    this driver is worse on witcher 3 and project cars

14. fardeenah

fardeenah Member

GPU:
    R9 270X 2Gb
    so does it fix black screen while booting? wake me up when new drivers fixes that

15. Dygaza

Dygaza Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    I had blackscreen on booting, but solved that by reflashing card bios. Though in my case not even official drivers worked anymore.

16. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I'm starting to believe the same thing. There are bad decisions on a high level. I wonder who is the guy who leaves AMD_Roy hanging every time. I believe he doesn't want to publicly state things about dates and being left like that. It's probably the same person who decides that drivers like 1018.1 and 1023.3 could not have been released for Windows 8.1, or that VSR should disappear for older cards for no reason. Is the same person who was responsible for the SSAA fiasco back then, STILL the head of driver development at AMD?

Even compiler settings can change things ;)

I was just wondering if we have a clue :)

Any numbers? Can you be a bit more specific? :)

17. Dygaza

Dygaza Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    I'm getting same fps in witcher 3 with these drivers (1036 vs 1038). Even tried using those dll's in game folder, no difference.

18. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    I had a black screen once the driver was installed too. Windows 10 build 10130. Of course, in Windows 10 there is no longer safe mode, so most people would have to resort to refresh or reset Windows. How stupid is that? In safe mode, you could simply uninstall the offending driver. The legacyboot bcdedit option no longer seems to work. Luckily I had the foresight to enable system restore (disabled by default), so I just used that. Back on build 1036 :).

BTW, yes I did fully uninstall 1036 first etc.

Can people on Windows 10 upvote the existing feedback about bring back safe mode as it is a vitally useful tool. Just refreshing Windows seems pointless.

19. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    we can't expect to have fps improvements in every game between every driver version upgrade.

They must be fixing different aspects of the drivers not directly related to our favorite games performance. :)

20. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
    Same here. I don't know why, but I've just been forced to reinstall Windows 10. After successfully installing these, upon the first restart, I got a nasty Blue Screen (well, actually is supposed to be cooler than it used to be :p); so the machine restarted itself and then, during the second boot I only got a black screen with no video signal whatsoever because my monitor entered the standby mode.
    asder0, any ideas about what it may be causing this? I know this a modded driver whose source is a driver which I guess is not even meant to be used with my R9 290X, but the previous modded driver .1036 worked well and I didn't have these issues.

Yeah, it would seem these drivers aren't the most stable on Windows 10.

Here are my 2 cents. This is something I'm not entirely sure about, but I want to share it to see if others can replicate it.
    If I install official W10 drivers 1023.3 or 1036 asder0 modded drivers in build 10130, the problem disappears: I don't have to wait for several seconds with a black screen upon booting until the sign-in screen appears, and shutdown/restart procedures work as expected, without any weird delays.

BUT, if I shut down my computer and I switch off my UPS, then the problem reappears as soon as I switch everything back on. So I'm considering to not turn off my UPS and see how it goes in the next couple of days.

Cheers!