AMD Catalyst 15.X (14.502.1002)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by spectatorx, Jan 18, 2015.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 20.3
    I was thinking in terms of future driver updates for 5/6000-series GPU's and there's no more point for me to worry about delayed drivers, since I've had it with AMD and will be joining The Nvidia Master Race shortly (against my better judgment).

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  2. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Tell me about it.

Whilst I understand that these drivers are purely for the AMD eGPU amplifier it is also no secret that AMD has been slacking for HD 5xxx and HD 6xxx . The issue is that the support hasn't been lacking just recently but since its inception.

Personally I am still having issues with features such as Eyefinity not showing up and my 120Hz not working with AMDHD3D.

Meanwhile the AMD forums are dead in terms of support for AMDHD3D with the latest bug reported from 2 years ago by some Media Player creator devs that have still not been fixed.

3. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    define support.

5xxx and 6xxx have been supported in every beta and WHQL release.

Im not sure what you are even complaining about.

Do you mean performance enhancements?

That hardware has been maxed out ages ago, they cant squeeze blood from a stone.

4. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    I am talking about having Eyefinity missing and the inability to use AMD HD3D.

2 Features that initially worked and now don't for quite some time now.

Is it normal for features to be dropped?

Is it not normal to want these features?

Support is support.

5. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    and it operateds on the 5xxx and 6xxx differently than 7xxx/R Series?

6. Miken420

Miken420 Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    Both times I attempted to use the Omega driver I would randomly get insane artifacts everywhere in my games. I'm too scared to even try these ones lol

7. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000

What operates differently?

Eyefinity and HD3D?... Maybe AMD can answer this but these features are simply just non existent anymore on my card and have not been since past 14.4.

I do not care about HD3D or utilizing my 120Hz screen for 3D movies or Games.

Eyefinity I could also care less about.

But it shows the lack of detail and attention to issues by AMD.

8. MWisBest

MWisBest Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6620G+6750M
    They did indeed clean house a bit with 14.4.

9. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Indeed and introduced a bunch of errors and bugs in the process, such as the BSOD/bootloop for Mobility HD 5xxx cards on 8.1 and 10. Which is understandable however:

Whilst I care very little for Eyefinity and HD3D I do care for all those poor souls that won't be able to upgrade to Windows 10 because of a bug which is 7 months old now.

Hope that I am not being misunderstood as I personally hate beating this funky banana :banana:

10. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Please remember these drivers were meant only for very limited hardware. IF you do not have that Alien Hardware please do not complain if things do not work the way you think they should.

11. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060TI
    I have a 5870m card and for example the Omega driver and all previous betas for several months, work absolutely fine with my Intel CPU based laptop.

12. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    There are only limited possibilities of why it works for you:

14.12 works for 5xxxm + Intel HD first gen devices if you have Windows 7.

OR If you have a really rare machine which for some reason works. Judging from your card number you most likely have a Lenovo or Acer. I have only seen a Lenovo:
    Laptop Model: Lenovo Y560
    Windows Version: Win 8.1 x64
    AMD Card: ATI Mobility HD 5730

work with the newest drivers on 8.1 and 10.

Regardless most people are not so lucky:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-amd-not/44748c24-961b-4b86-bf62-48af7f91fc97

As you can see it is mostly HPs and Acers. The market during those years had the majority of 5xxxm cards in HP laptops.

13. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060TI
    Oh sorry, I forgot to write that I have Windows 8.1. It's an Asus g73jh and many users have the same configuration/drivers without issues. I don't have Intel HD, only the AMD card.

14. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Yeah it needs the Intel HD First Gen GPU to start bootlooping.

I have been working on a nifty hack to hide Intel HD from the system (since the option does not exist in the BIOS) but so far no cigar.

This would solve the issue .. much like on your laptop.

15. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060TI
    The thing is, you probably can't fully disable the integrated Intel HD (IGP) one. At least on our Fujitsu laptops which we have in the office, you can't fully disable the IGP, because all connections like built-in display, VGA, HDMI, ... are hardwired to the Intel one. So the Intel one needs to run, otherwise you won't get an image. This can be different from model to model though, depending on what the manufacturer has chosen to do.

16. ksio89

ksio89 Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 8850M@8870M
    Unless it's a MUXed Fixed mode, current MUXless laptops usually need to have IGP enabled. That's why Dynamic Switchable Graphics (Enduro) exists. The IGP is the one which handles connections and the one detected by games and most apps (except for MSI Afterburner, AIDA64 and GPU-Z, for example), but you can add apps and games in Switchable Graphics panel so it's actually rendered by Radeon GPU.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  17. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    I didn't say "disable" ; ). But you are right.

However there is a trick to hide it from Windows so that it just becomes a "dumb" device for routing .. in theory

There is one laptop that seems to be doing exactly this. However I am still doing research on the ACPI.

The Mobility 5xxx series are all Muxed Fixed laptops.

All drivers newer than 14.4 force "muxless dynamic" onto these laptops, no matter the BIOS settings.

18. Malice_Shadows

Malice_Shadows New Member

GPU:
    XFX Double Dissipation R9
    Glad I'll never have those issues. I would never game on laptop or integrated graphics

19. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Unfortunate souls who don't even game but just want to use their dGPU for videos.

Hopefully AMD listened to the bug reports and will fix the mobility 5xxx PXAI series.

20. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB

Likely hood is near zero as it's an old GPU