AMD Catalyst 15.9 Beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Sep 28, 2015.

1. AMDFreeSync

AMDFreeSync Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
    Got this with 15.9 Beta & due to the VRAM leak, Windows keep changing the VM & stuck on 7.92gb before was 1.90gb I never got this error.
    [​IMG]

2. ksio89

ksio89 Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 8850M@8870M
    And still no Video tab on Radeon 8850M CCC! I don't know why this tabs is missing since I upgraded to Windows 10, it was present in Windows 8.1.

I tried all Catalyst packages, from WU to UnifL 15.7.1 froom FunkyMike, but neither of these make the Video tab show up. Is this happening to other Dell Inspiron 15R notebooks with 8850M?

3. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Change this bloody windows 10.Until oct-nov when Threshold 2 will come this beta window$$$ is a mess.
    This 15.9b is still good,even in NFSU2. :)

4. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I can confirm there is a vram leak by resizing windows and so on. I installed the leaked driver and it works but on this driver I get 1GB of idle vram usage vs 128mb on the leaked driver

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015

5. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

I had black screen when watching videos on YT using FF and HTML5 player. VRAM usage went back to 'normal' after closing FF, cuz' of disabled DWM.
    Stuttering NFS Carbon. Only Daum Potplayer worked 'somehow' - I was able to watch YT videos without lags even when GPU usage was jumping from 0 to 100% :D
    Went back to Omega driver

6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It has been confirmed by AMD.

7. Perjantai

Perjantai Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080
    Wow these drivers sucks badly.. Every time when looking video (firefox and youtube/vessel) I get 10Gb memory usage and video goes black. Sometimes crashes firefox too. Games so far works like before at least.

I already thought they would have skipped 15.9 and release .10 next month and by looks of it they should have. :bang:

8. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    geez, no one knows how to read around here.

THEY ARE BUSTED.

9. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 270X
    I've got 15.9B now, and so far I haven't noticed any VRAM leak. Played games, watched videos on youtube, VLC player, everything works OK.

10. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Uhm, something wrong with an FX8120?....;) If you weren't on a fixed income, would you pay 2x-3x as much for a 15% increase in frame rates in some games @ fairly low resolutions...? (I won't...;) Can think of many other things I'd rather buy--like putting that money into a better GPU, for instance.)

11. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    I dont know what the heck is going on with your windows,mine fresh win 8.1 still good with this beta drivers.Still miss the good windows 7.
    In Firefox I have Flash 19 disabled.

http://postimg.org/image/8tcd7q2ep/

Edit:well ze Agent Smith is horrified. :D

12. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    The thing I always wonder is, how do they determine what they are going to fix. I frequent a lot of forums, and the things people continually complain about never seem to get fixed or even addressed, but other things I never see mentioned make it on the list. Do they only fix stuff based on internal testing? Do they ever do anything with the feedback they solicit?

I mean seriously this fix for instance?

"DiRT Rally™ crashes during gameplay and benchmarking when launched in DirectX® 11 mode on some BENQ 144HZ Freesync monitors"

How many people can this possibly effect? How did they decide this was the issue they'd fix?

Or this is the highlight for one of the two driver optimizations:

"Fable Legends : Includes the latest DirectX® 12 optimizations for the Fable Legends: Benchmark"

Not trying to be salty, just trying to understand how they decide what to fix and why resources are used to improve benchmark scores rather than improve real games

13. seb4771

seb4771 Guest

15.9 beta for my r9 280x dcuII + 7970 Ghz :

After 10 minutes, windows crashing "out of memory" : 16 Go ram + 16 Go swap...

Back to 15.8 for this time without problem.

14. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII 16 GB
    Sales first by good perf. on benchmarks I guess ;)
    I have not tested all my games, but I haven't seen any perf. increases yet so if these are the only improvements, I don't know.

Altough the launchdriver for Fury was pretty good, esp. considering I'm on Windows 10 and CF, I'm also afraid some bugs/behavoir will never get adressed.
    One of them is the jerky perf. in the Witcher 3. For example, when standing still I got 50 fps, as soon as I move, perf. fall back to 30 fps. In comparison, TitanX Sli got 45 and 40-44 fps while moving.
    Also in some dx9 games v-sync in CCC never seem to work (Stalker, Dead Island)
    Also sloppy CF-profiles, or some games just don't have one and only adding AFR-Friendly allready did the trick makes you wonder.

This bug in 15.9 should have been easily noticed.

Btw, is there a way to participate in beta-testing drivers?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  15. Spartan

Spartan Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    I wonder, why they didn't remove this driver from the official page, since this problem is serious, even for a beta driver.

16. streetwolf

streetwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    One word (acronym really).... POS.

17. kurtferro

kurtferro Member Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    i have same problem with 15.9, just open firefox/chrome/ie/edge and resize windows sometimes and i go out of memory and if i close all programs it remain in use

18. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    I did it,the bug hit me.verdammt
    Back to 15.7.1. :wanker:

19. Aioras

Aioras Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti ***937;
    Sorry guys, even if confirmed, like a few I don´t have the memory leak with these 15.9 betas, in fact, they work really good on my system :p

20. kurtferro

kurtferro Member Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB