AMD Catalyst 15.7 WHQL Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AMDMatt, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Alph4Dawg

Alph4Dawg Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC
    Yup, try this.

I'm using HDMI @ 1080p and I have R9 280X.VSR and FRC are both there in CCC.

EDIT: Also, I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
    Also, if it's still not showing up try what I suggested earlier; first time I installed this driver it gave me a warning that it wasn't properly installed.
    Uninstalled everything via Windows, booted into Safe mode and uninstalled & cleaned all left-overs and stuff with DDU.Booted back into Windows and installed 15.7 drivers with Admin rights (right click - Run as Admin), restarted and it was all good.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  2. Dygaza

Dygaza Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    I might be doing something wrong. But I tried 6 different 280x bioses, and they all give me error about some id being wrong.

3. MatrixNetrunner

MatrixNetrunner Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    Your GPU does not belong to HD 6000 series, rather it's a re-re-branded HD 4000 series (http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6320.54746.0.html)

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Lot of people reporting the stuttering in Batman Arkham Knight, runs much better on the 15.6 BETA.

5. buhzy

buhzy Member

GPU:
    Msi rtx 2070 super
    6850 doesn't support vsr

6. MatrixNetrunner

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    Are you using HDMI or DVI to connect it? If our suspicion is correct, max VSR resolution is limited by the max resolution supported by the display connection.

DVI is limited to 2560x1600, and HDMI 1.4 supports up to 4096×2160.

7. AmD6000

AmD6000 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 960
    100kb/s to download :(

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Personally i'm a complete noob about bios modding but there are people with a lot of knowledge about bios modding in this forum, open a thread asking for help and you could possibly have a solution very fast (flashable bios...).

:)

9. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

so does the win 10 and driver enable you to utilize both cards memory in crossfire?

10. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    There is no drivers who could solve the Batman AK PC version abomination until it's fixed...if ever.

This will theorically be possible in the future when game devs add this option for multi-gpu DX12 supported games under W10 using DX12 graphic drivers and DX12 supported GPU.

A lot of requiriments to be filled...

11. MatrixNetrunner

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    Probably. In DX12 only. And only when DX12 AAA games come put. Something like new Deus Ex.

12. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    For those of you who are having issues with VSR not being available in AMD Catalyst, please uninstall your drivers from the Control Panel first, download the latest version of DDU, run it and let it boot into safe mode and clean up the driver leftovers, reboot and reinstall this driver. This should fix the problem.

For the ones that're willing to try their luck with BIOS flashing, here's a very short but sweet tutorial: Choose the Bios of a rebranded card of your liking that has the same memory vendor (Hynix, Elpida) and before you flash your card, always backup your original BIOS. If you're trying to flash a 280X BIOS on a HD 7970 and you're getting a Device ID mismatch, that's because these cards do not share the same Device ID. Alternatively if you're getting a SSID mismatch error, it means you're trying to flash a BIOS from a different vendor. In order to flash the BIOS, you'll have to force it by adding an extra -f parameter at the end.

A quick guide to setup your flashing gear:

* Download Rufus, use FreeDos and make a bootable USB with it.

* Download the latest version of ATIFLASH, extract the .exe from the archive, remand it to ATIFLASH (the downloaded file will have it's version number as a suffix)
    *Copy your original BIOS and the BIOS file you'd like to flash along with ATIFLASH at the root of the Bootable USB.

*Boot from the USB.

Flashing:

This lists the available AMD adapters on your system:

ATIFLASH -ai

To flash a card:

ATIFLASH -p [insert device adapter number] [insert BIOS file name]

For example, you have a single AMD card in your system and you want to flash 280X.rom on it, here's what the command should look like:

ATIFLASH -p 0 280X.rom

And if you're willing to forcibly flash a BIOS on your card, add an extra -f parameter, like this:

ATIFLASH -p 0 280X.rom -f

Flash BIOS at your own risk.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  13. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I don't think it's something we'll see for awhile, not until DX12 matures. My opinion only.

14. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

aww I was hoping we could see results sooner! Thx for the answers!

15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    No problem. API is said to support it, engines and games need to and that might never be worth it from their point of view. Only time will tell.

16. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    @AMDMatt: is OGL 4.5 meant to be fully supported? OpenGL viewer reports no support for shading language 4.5, all other extensions are reported as supported.

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Looks like VCE isn't available in Afterburner.

18. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Before leaving my home a few hours ago installed i 15.7 and i forgot to uncheck the bundled in drivers Raptr "Gaming Evolved" Crapware.

After complete install of drivers, this "marvellous" software (the same who shutdown RadeonPro) recommend me trought his "Optimization" system to change the selected DX11 to DX10 in GTA V (or it was TW3) as the "optimal setting".

:D

This is not a joke even it should be.

19. MatrixNetrunner

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    It will be available as soon as this launches: Ashes of the Singularity

20. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    DX10 is the old DX12.