AMD Catalyst 15.7 WHQL Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AMDMatt, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Hootmon

Hootmon Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Is there a mirror up for the drivers yet? DL speed is atrocious from the official site

2. MatrixNetrunner

MatrixNetrunner Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    Don't know. Maybe they didn't or couldn't decouple the virtual resolutions from the physical display so right now we are limited by what the current display connection method supports. They should remove that limitation.

3. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Some of us are asking this question since months, series 7000 customers get at last an official response in this drivers.

We 290(X)390(X) customers seems to be doomed to wait a few months more.....or forever using modded drivers.

Try the modded drivers with VSR unlocked and you'll see how the "GCN 1.2 exclusive 4 K VSR res" magically appears in 290(X)/390(X) GCN 1.1.

:D

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Idk why some people dont have VSR, strange. Its stuck at 3200x1800 as well tho.

Just tried Witcher 3 at 1440p, laggy. :D

5. Dygaza

Dygaza Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Yes it's limited to 2560x1440. Card wouldn't have enough juice to run bigger resolutions anyway, so I see no reason why we should be upset about it :)

6. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Yea i'll give it a try some day, but i play mostly newer games and the 1800p already hits the fps hard enough.

Anyways, they said there is 10% performance improvement on tomb raider and 7% on fc4, would you be a dear and test those and see on single gpu, because i can't seem to get the same results.

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Thanks for this possible explanation of AMD driver dep. innability to do what a couple of modders can do..

They should ask asder00 or VBS how to do it, they are able to do it in their modded drivers in a few minutes.

8. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    Thanks for confirming. Actually plenty of games run well higher than 1440 but they're mostly older dx9 games and we have gedosato for that so no loss really. I'm a happy camper, no more hex editing at least. :)

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I guess that to get the same results you shoud use their same PC specs and hardware.

I think the specs are posted in W10 announce page. (?¿?)

10. Ungeheuer97

Ungeheuer97 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Yep, same here. Maximum resolution is 2560x1440 on my 1080p display.

11. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

I added right strings to .inf file, rebooted with disabled driver signatures checking and when tried to install the driver the device manager told me the driver for this card does not support my OS (Win10 x64 build 10162). Can anyone help, please?

I filled report on amd support page. Also did that via Windows feedback app few days ago.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Stuck at 3200x1800 no matter what. Are you sure HD 7000 are limited to 1440p?

[​IMG]

13. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Yea i didn't bother with vsr on that game. Only games i used vsr in are fc4, watch dogs, and resident evil revelations 2 ep 1 (didn't buy the rest, no couch coop. i wanted my gf to play as the chick holding the flashlight, 'cause it was annoying to switch player).

14. zecableguy

zecableguy Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 580 Gaming X
    I find it interesting the the minimum framerate that FRTC can be set to is 55?
    Why 55? I was thinking more like 30, might make it more useful for APUs.

BTW. VSR option IS present for my R9 280. But I haven't tried it yet.

15. Dygaza

Dygaza Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Yes 2560x1440 is highest I get. GCN 1.0 and 1.1 are lacking hardware scaler for higher resolutions. If I'm right modded drivers used software scaling instead of hardware scaling to reach higher resolutions. Would need confirmation from asder00 (or whoever knows for sure).

16. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    Dying Light profile is good, did not encounter any problems. Still can not enable AA without graphical problems though.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  17. blood_sam

blood_sam Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 OC
    Yep... They update VSR for some, but not for the others...
    The frame limiter setting isn't really interesting as a global setting, it can be useful for some games but definitely not for all.

Let's wait december for the official Hawaii 4k support using VSR and the framelimiter setting in individual profiles...

18. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Lol you should def. try 3200x1800 with your gpu. I think witcher 3 is the only game that made my card cry even at 1200/1600. FC4, Watch dogs, and ACU ran with min 35 fps with max settings aside from soft shadows on fc4 and acu.

19. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    oh I didn't see that. anyway i don't have VSR. isn't vsr limited to 2560x140 for my card. If so then I don't see the point anyway

20. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    undying has apparently 3200x1800. so yea weird that you guys don't have it. Did you guys change anything on the registry? maybe that is why. Or maybe it's your monitor or cable?