AMD Catalyst 15.7 WHQL Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AMDMatt, Jul 8, 2015.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Not sure if I should ask this but is hardware acceleration disabled in the browser and in flash?

2. brightbule3921

brightbule3921 Active Member

GPU:
    PowerColor AXRX460 2G/OC
    The quickest way is to call graphic card's official support tel. and sen it to RMA or ask a replacement(ex:form the store where you bought it) if possible.

==
    But sometimes it is driver related issue with some specific game titles or situations.

So,you may take a little time to read this:

It depends on when&how you got TDR(Timeout Detection & Recovery="driver stopped responding").

0.Power-supply related issue:
    But Corsair HX650 should be fine.It is a single rail power.

1.Flash Video related TDR when browsing video/stream site:
    From what I have experienced make me believe this is Flash+AMD driver related issue.For now I have this issue(15.7WHQL+Win8.1x64).

The only way to stop it is disable H/W in Flash.

2.HTML5 Video/Media player(MPCHC/VLC Player/Potplayer or any player support DXVA):

Same as above.Sometimes,use an older driver version(ex:14.12omega) fix the issue, but who want to roll-back to older driver? Especially you are using Win10.

BTW,I seems do not have issue with 14.12omega and 15.7WHQL at this part(for now). Or maybe it is only my case.

3.TDR/Blackscreen When Gaming:
    First,let's read the driver's release note.You may easily find it on AMD's driver DL site.

If there is nothing/no issue about your game in the document's "Known Issues: " part,but you still have "driver stopped responding" issue,
    then RMA(or ask a replacement) maybe is the only way, and this is the case happened on me.

After all , you can disable Hardware Accelerate in Flash,but it is nonsense to disable Hardware Accelerate/3D when gaming.There should be something wrong on hardware if it happened at this situation.

EDIT1:You may need to know which driver is installed at first.You can find the information from Device Manager or GPU-Z.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Windows 10 seems to be doing something different with the way games and apps get fullscreen access. Dolphin has weird crashes, and all DX9 games I've checked can't seem to be able to get proper fullscreen working.

4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It could be the new XBOX integration. Have you got a X360 controller plugged in? Click the XBOX button and disable it in the settings menu.

5. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    My driver crashes too on Windows 10 while running Google Chrome every once in awhile, but it doesn't seem like it's related to the clocks or anything. And I can confirm that there're issues with older games on Windows 10, I was trying Deus EX Invisible Wars and it crashed if I tried to change the resolution.

6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Report all these bugs to AMD/Microsoft guys!

7. soryuuha

soryuuha Member

GPU:
    xxx 270 xxx
    saw someone said do not install HDMI driver, so i dont...

can someone highlight back what was the problem with hdmi driver on 15.7?

8. fish

fish Active Member

GPU:
    290x 4gb / 1075 / 1375
    I am also having a couple of issue with:

Win 10 / 15.7 / 290x

Assetto Corsa stutters very badly when you start a race.
    When the race loads and the camera is panning around your car - it stutters badly - once every 6/7 seconds this continues for about 30-40 seconds - then everything is smooth as it should be for the duration of the race. Repeats when you start a new race.

Insurgency: Similar to above with stuttering when in game, does not resolve itself like assetto corsa does.

Loads of other games are working fine, tried a DDU uninstall and reinstall of 15.7 also tried 1040 drivers - same symptoms.

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    AMD tell you to contact Microsoft and Microsoft tell you to contact AMD.
    I guess what we have to do is wait for Windows 10 to be officially released so we can report bugs to AMD.
    GTA V has bad stutter here.

10. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    I have exactly the same problems! I recently installed windows 10 and thought the problems to be Windows 10 related, but it seems like it is the 15.7 drivers. Will try it with the latest update trough windows update (1023.7).

11. seb4771

seb4771 Active Member

GPU:
    R9 280x dcu II 1070/1600
    For WOT, it's WOT 9.9 problem, not 15.7.

15.7 + wot 9.8 version = no problem, no hang up, no windows return, no crash.
    update 9.9 = most problems for people (see WG forum).

- GTA 5 = "big" micro stutter with 15.7 but gain +3 fps.

+ The witcher 3 (+E3 mod) gain +4 fps

- 15.7 have 1 problem for me after upgrading my computer (7970 Ghz => 7970 Ghz + R9 280x asus dcuII), system crashing after 7h without activity (irc only).
    no specific message, no windows errors, no software specific error.
    + 15.6 beta doesn't have this problem

using win7 x64 version.

UPDATE : Crashes when playing on a PC with combination AMD (Radeon) + Catalyst 15.7 driver
    Also when using this driver you might face an issue when landscape on a map may disappear.
    This Issue is quite complex. We are investigating it and trying to find a solution. Unfortunately we didn't filtered out this bug during Common test, since this version of the driver was released on 7 July when CT was almost finished. We can recommend as a temporary solution to use an older version of a driver. We are working on the solution and hope to fix the issue soon.

Confirmed by WG

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  12. rafaelluik

rafaelluik Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 280
    No problems on the Windows 10 RTM until now.
    I use Opera (based on the latest stable Chromium/Chrome) with hardware acceleration enabled and no crashes with it.

13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Everything is completely closed from the Xbox app.

14. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD6950 2GB
    Yey, some serious changes and improvements!

They finally fixed driver v-sync in Rage on my HD6950 and I presume in other OpenGL titles and on other cards as well. 15.7 is also generally faster in OpenGL than 14.7 (the last driver without v-sync issues in OpenGL before this release) was, so I currently use these for OpenGL. I'm glad it got fixed. Let's hope it doesn't get broken again.

Both Crysis 2 and 3 run faster on these drivers than on any driver released before (only tested in DX9 on a HD6950 in Win7x64).

Resident Evil 6 still has the exact same issues. The odd, consistent frame drops are still there all the time, even in the main menu and during the intro movies. Going all the way back to 13.10b2 (or drivers before that release) instantly fixes it.

Kingdoms of Amalur is still slower on these. Going all the way back to 13.12 results in higher frame rates, without any side effects.

All my currently installed UE3-games seem to perform te same on my machine on all drivers released since 13.12, including these.

Seems like a pretty good driver set, delivering performance improvements for various older games on dated hardware, without breaking stuff that wasn't broken before.

I just use the older driver *.dlls for those games that perform better using older drivers.

EDIT: V-sync also works again in Aquaria, another OpenGL title. Sweet.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  15. rafaelluik

rafaelluik Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 280
    I can't get motion blur to work on Tomb Raider (when going down in zip lines or moving the camera really fast) since a lot of releases already. 14.4 was the last one that I got it working.
    I used DDU. Verified the game files through Steam. Reinstalled the game... It was not working in Win 8.1 and doesn't work after the Windows 10 upgrade + DDU + new 15.7 driver package either.

Does anyone else have the same issue or any tips so I can try to solve it?

16. crazyazz

crazyazz New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780 OC
    Running win 10 100240 and a HD 7850, in dxdiag should i see DX 12 listed as supported?

17. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Guys, i'm experiencing major lag and stutter in GTA V using build 15.7 in Win10 (build 10240).

Frames are high but gameplay is jerky. Wasn't like that in Win8.1.

Anyone else experience this?

18. aaronne

aaronne Member

GPU:
    MSI 1060 mxm 6GB
    Me! but I read over forum that issue before.

But I reverted back to 15.6b with DDU and now all goes fine, I speak for my 7970m on both win7 and win10 (from build 10166 to 10240 the proposed win driver seems as 15.200.1023.7 from dxdiag, never worked well).

19. MatrixNetrunner

MatrixNetrunner Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    A lot of people (including me) turn off motion blur, especially if the game is running at 60+ fps. You can always try to use the DLL injection method and use 14.4 driver DLLs for Tomb Raider only. But then you are missing out on better performance of 15.7 (10-15% faster).

20. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    dxdiag does display dx12 but highest feature level for us GCN 1.0 owners is 11.2

we will however have some (software?) support and i do notice a massive increase in the 3dmark APi overhead test