AMD Catalyst 15.7 WHQL Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AMDMatt, Jul 8, 2015.

1. professionnal

professionnal Member

GPU:
    r9 295x2
    why i dont have sound anymore by displayport on my 29um67 ; ;

2. MatrixNetrunner

MatrixNetrunner Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    Report it using the 'Report a problem' form on the amd.com or in Catalyst. For me it works (not all resolutions are shown), so your card is just not being recognized properly.

3. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    I guess my cards are similar enough, I'm not getting any tearing with in-game VSync on. No settings changed except forced AF 16x and high quality texture filtering in CCC.

4. Gregorez

Gregorez Member Guru

GPU:
    CFX MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G
    I know it's strange but i just solved my problem by putting 15.200.1040 cfx libraries to game folder, disabled in-game v-sync and FPS cap and enabled AlwaysOn v-sync+Keep frame rate...+Display refresh = 60Hz in RadeonPro.
    Butter smooth 60 FPS at last :)

By the way I dont know which driver you use but this strange tearing is visible only on 15.7 for me, my previous driver was 15.200.1040 and all was ok.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015

5. Rx4speed

Rx4speed Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 295x2

Hey Foggy, you are using 2x290's correct? Im using a 295x2, essentially the same thing. What crossfire settings(profile) are you using? Ive experimented with BF4, F1 2013, but i find Thief's seems to work the best. My FPS is actually good(do not use the in game FPS counter! It kills your FPS, uses steam's or fraps); however, certain in-game apps really hurt my frame rate. Makes me think there is some sort of memory leak going on. I'm running eyefinity with triple 1920x1200's.

6. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
    I've been playing mainly Mortal Kombat X these days. Although I know it's not so popular if you compare it with GTA V or The Witcher 3, I have to say that with these drivers on Windows 8.1 the performance and general smoothness have improved; which is a big deal for me because it's such a poor port and very unoptimized game.

On the other hand, I haven't been able to get decent performance with Mortal Kombat X on Windows 10. I have tried all the latest drivers and game patches and I've been keeping up with the new builds of the OS, and yet, even with these 15.7, the performance is far worse than on Windows 8.1.

I hope it can be improved with future updates. I'll contact the developer to try and know their view on the matter.

Cheers!

7. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    OMG VCE is not working, plays.tv and Bandicam that uses hw decoding of AMD don't recognize the hw decoding..

Jesus AMD what the hell are you doing?

8. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I have no use for or interest in VSR or crossfire/SLI. All I can say is that with this driver and my setup, performance in WoW and in Witcher 3 is pretty much the same as it was with the 14.12 WHQL.

This is in Windows 8.1. I wanted to try it out in 10 but when I went to boot 10 from my secondary hard drive it would no longer boot. I tested the drive and it passed the SMART tests and a simple read test but failed on a quick self test. Trying to repair the Win 10 installation failed so I wiped the drive and removed it. It is an older Western Digital 500gb that I bought used. It seemed to still work fine for copying things and storing backups but I didn't trust it and ordered a new Hitachi 500gb drive for $32 to replace it.

I will not have Win 10 now until I get the free upgrade in about 3 weeks.

9. MatrixNetrunner

MatrixNetrunner Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    If you did a custom driver install (as you would to deselect Raptr) you might have noticed that there were less components to install than usual. They probably messed up a couple of installation configuration files, forgetting to cover all chip variants.

10. Dazza08

Dazza08 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870 XT 2GB
    Does this work on Windows 7 64-bit?

11. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    I have a 7850 and VSR option is missing in Windows 10.
    According to release note, I should have it....

12. Seren

Seren Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Enabling VSR is just a blurry mess both on desktop and in-game, unusable on my 7970 with and without gpu upscaling. getdosato (whatever it's called) didn't have this issue but instead had mouse positions all out of place which was also unusable.

13. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Yes i installed the VCE of the 15.6 but it don't work with the 15.7 -.-

Had to install the 15.6 to continue to record to youtube.

This guys, released a more messed up driver as oficial than the last betas :D

14. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S A|480 X
    I'm on the same boat, VSR option doesn't appear on my Pitcairn after a DDU clean and 15.7 fresh driver installation (no DalOverrideDownScaleLimit" is present on registry). I'm using a DP->DP connection.
    Btw, have you noticed the mpc-hc/dxva2/TDR crash introduced with 15.3-6b with these drivers?
    I haven't experienced it yet, but it might be too early to tell.

15. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Can anyone mod these drivers to support 3840x2160 on a 290/290x? because i know
    someone did it for some older drivers..

16. razorbackdb

razorbackdb Member

GPU:
    AMD R7 260x 2GB
    So anyone tried VSR with a VGA connection? I remember I was able to enable the vsr resolutions with the reg tweaks some time ago, the option still wasn't there but vsr worked ok.

17. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Fail to win the battle of performance in his category price on launch.

Is this better?

:)

I know you are aware of the reason for the fail in performance is directly related to the low GPU usage and this low GPU usage is related to:

DX11 drivers bad performance.

The problem is i don't think AMD will continue to improve DX11 performance more than what is already done since Omega to unified 15.7 but focus on DX12.

So i repeat: FAIL.

Raw power in AMD hardware like Fury X is underused right now (and in the future?¿?¿) in DX11 games due to his performance limiting drivers.

The possible win (in performance) of Fury X over 980Ti in DX12 games in the next 1 or 2 years will not help AMD customers to play DX11 games meanwhile...

18. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    You're right about the condition of the DX11 driver, but we also have to admit that they have improved it at least 50% since January. What remains to be seen is if they will keep improving it or not, and with what rhythm.
    Furthermore, I'm almost 100% convinced that Maxwell is at peak performance at this moment, while the Furies are only going to be better, and they are already very close in performance. To cut it short: if you buy to hold this card for more than a year, get the Fury.
    If serious websites confirm the testing done with the memory utilization for the card (that show it even using half the memory compared to a Titan X), then it seems like it's future proof too, and it would only cement my opinion about it above.

19. DDSZ

DDSZ Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 unlocked
    Im the only one who has that problem?:bang:

20. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    DDU and clean install the driver again. Make sure that things like RTSS, RadeonPro etc, are not running in the background.