AMD Catalyst 15.6 Beta Driver for Windows OS out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AMDMatt, Jun 22, 2015.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    As you said none of us know the exact reality behind the GameWorks contracts, Richard Huddy made a strong statement regarding it so it's not just a forum developed opinion on GameWorks titles.
    The Witcher 3 and Project CARS had no game ready driver so I don't know.
    Why is Batman any different to those 2? If GameWorks stopped optimization entirely for AMD why does 1 differ from another?
    Why does Batman have game ready optimizations for single GPU and not Crossfire?

My poor second GPU doesn't do much lately.

2. maxstep

maxstep Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI 2x 980Ti AMP! Extreme
    Remember folks, Just Disable It®

Dual 980 ti under water look better and better everyday.

3. owlie

owlie Member

GPU:
    HD 7970
    I completely agree with you but it seems like AMD is losing the ability to keep up. It feels like they're trying to fend off repeated blows to their business from Gameworks/Nvidia titles, and not doing so well at it as they already weren't in a strong position. They need to be able to compete.

I see your point, but the consumer doesn't have control over the third parties who make the drinks, or what deals are made behind closed doors. We can only control what we buy, and up until this point I've been supporting AMD because I like what they do, I want them to be successful, I like their hardware and I've never ran into major issues, until now. It's exactly these kinds of anti-competitive things that can kill a business, and AMD is definitely getting hit hard. They need to be able to fight back, or it will destroy them.

4. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    Yeah but those unbiased drinks(Games) are slim to none this year.
    And if the bad in your cup drinks(Games) are all biased, should we stop drinking?
    Or start using a cup where we can drink what we want without thinking a drink(game) is biased.
    It's all about the customers because they are gonna buy your new cups(GPU's) or not!

5. shankly1985

shankly1985 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Anyone else version not same what AMD is listing? Nothing new?

Driver Packaging Version 14.502.1014.1001-150619a-185635E
    Catalyst Version 15.6 Beta
    Provider Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1443
    2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0002
    Direct3D Version 9.14.10.01080
    OpenGL Version 6.14.10.13292
    Mantle Driver Version 9.1.10.0045
    Mantle API Version 98304
    AMD Catalyst Control Center Version 2015.0620.303.3526
    AMD Audio Driver Version 9.0.0.9906

AMD Site
    AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver version 14.502.1014.1004

Driver Packaging Version 14.502.1014.1001-150526a-184427E
    Catalyst Version 15.5 Beta
    Provider Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1443
    2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0002
    Direct3D Version 9.14.10.01080
    OpenGL Version 6.14.10.13292
    Mantle Driver Version 9.1.10.0045
    Mantle API Version 98304
    AMD Catalyst Control Center Version 2015.0526.1819.31103
    AMD Audio Driver Version 9.0.0.9906

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  6. Krelianz

Krelianz Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290x
    The drivers have been the same since 14.12 last year, the "betas" only update game profile optimizations.

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Not true. The Direct3D driver in CCC is connected to the Direct3D 9 driver not the Direct3D 11 driver.

8. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

It depends on whether or not you care to try to improve the situation, or just want to game and not care.

The way I see it; I made a choice to go with AMD hardware, and both NVIDIA (directly) and certain game/engine developers (indirectly) are against that choice. I'm not going to willingly bend to their will and buy NVIDIA graphics, nor am I going to support such behavior by purchasing games involved with such companies (and why should I?).

I'm not regretting my hardware purchase at all. I'm disappointed that others seem to see fit to ruin my experience, and find it insulting even. You're a game developer, you're supposed to want to have me buy and play your game(s), not be against me for buying hardware from a specific vendor.

I don't really care what hardware choices people make. I just want people to at least make informed decisions. If you know about Gameworks and all the stunts NVIDIA has pulled in the past, and still choose to use their hardware, then that's your choice (I may not agree with it, but it's your money and your call, and I respect that). If however you know nothing about that and just assume the generalization that NVIDIA makes superior hardware and drivers, then that's the problem right there that bothers me most.

This entire situation is pretty sad though. I used to think PC gaming was a nice escape from console exclusives and hardware limitations, but even PC gaming is relatively split because of stuff like this. I wish game/engine developers would just stay away from Gameworks and provide equal support for both AMD and NVIDIA, but I guess money/incentives speak louder.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
  9. Krelianz

Krelianz Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290x
    and it hasn't been updated either, there have been no updates files on the official drivers this year other than game optimizations.

10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I wouldn't know. I've been running Windows 10 drivers that do have driver version changes.

11. Krelianz

Krelianz Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290x
    same, those are the best at the moment, don't know why amd is taking so long in implementing them for other windows users.

12. professionnal

professionnal Member

GPU:
    r9 295x2
    maybe time to sell ma r9 295x2..... boring to use 50% of this card

13. Danielrsti

Danielrsti New Member

GPU:
    HD6870
    Answer: AMD marketing: Update to Windows 10 and buy the "all new" last generation of AMD Radeon 300 series! you will fell and enjoy the power of team Red! From graphics to processors to memory, THE BEST for gamers who demand the best. Choose AMD for gaming:wanker:

14. Mrwhiterx7

Mrwhiterx7 Member

GPU:
    3 x Sapphire 290 4gb
    Just rip the atidxx64 from 15.6 and use 1040 driver. Batman working very well here @ 4k

15. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    They're working on the principal that people will be using Windows 10 come a little over a month. It's fair enough too, makes much more sense to put full driver development behind it and not very soon to be deprecated Windows 7/8.1. They're not on the business of supporting people too stubborn to upgrade. Also, they cannot openly support it for those using pirated copies who cannot upgrade.

NVIDIA are exactly the same in this regard.

16. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Crossfire is working good?

17. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    Does 15.6 bring performance improvements for pCARS for single card use, over 15.5?

18. Illyrian

Illyrian Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1080ti
    This driver does nothing, I can't wait to see if they fix crossfire with Windows 10....

I just dust cleaned my PC completely, and I only put back one of my 290x's, and to keep the framerates nearly identical I went back to 1080p instead of the usual 1440p VSR'd

Only downside is luckily I have an HDMI splitter so I have image going to my TV as well, now I'm gaming on my bigscreen, because 1080p upclose on a monitor is no bueno..
    I will say that's a small price to pay not having to deal with the various crossfire issues that have never and or never will be fixed apparently.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  19. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    not everyone is gonna upgrade to windows 10,

i don't plan to use win 10 at all, even if its better for gaming,

i don't like win 8, and win 10 still persist on being similar to win 8

not even DX12 can convince me,

if it wasn't for 960 is only 2GB and 970 is a crippled card, i would have already move to Nvidia,

i'm tired of this crap from AMD,

the moment i switch from 9600GT to 7850, games that usually smooth, suddenly became worse.

and i regret selling my 9600GT, and also buying the 7850, i could have used the money that i use to buy 7850, and use it to buy Nvidia card at similar price range as 7850 (a few years ago),

i don't think everyone will move to win10, a lot of them will stay on win 7, i even know a lot of peoples that refuse to move from XP, even thought i told them that 7 is miles better than XP, and 7 isn't ugly and not closed like win 8 or 10.

this win 10 driver makes games perform more smoothly, but on 1040, the smoothness only last for a few hours, after that the performance gradually became what it was.

20. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Windows 10 really isn't like Windows 8.1, it's an entirely new annoyance.