AMD Catalyst 15.5 BETA (14.502.1014.1001 May 14)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Nvidia has frequent WHQL drivers with changelog and real changes. We have leaked drivers without changelog and without visible changes in performance.

Nvidia has complete DSR support up to 4K for 32 GPUs including multi-gpu. We have 1 GPU fully supported 4K VSR and modded drivers with some kind of partial support who add "hardware VSR" via reg files.

Nvidia has complete support for adaptative sync monitors including multi-gpu We have single GPU Freesync and no ETA on Freesync crossfire support.

We also have the Tiger team! :D

2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I think about all that and then I think about the Tiger Team and then everything is OK!

3. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    That's how AMD is winning the PR wars! :D

4. Twizp

Twizp New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5000 SERIES
    Not gonna quote all your comments but:

For being a guy that calls himself "a pro player that plays on hard difficulties almost every game" you sure know almost nothing about the game, even thought the tutorial explains how you must play this game.

you can quicksave with f5 at almost any moment, even close to enemies if you haven't engaged yet and it takes just one single slot that overwrites itself.

ALWAYS carry potions, oils and bombs to the fights, also carry alcohol witch replenishes your bombs and potions back when you meditate (don't know if this works on hard difficulties since you can't regenerate life with it)

Fight using signs, when leveling up try to have mutagens combined with as most of the skills you have, making it stronger. Try to make stronger mutagens on the alchemy tab, combining 3 lesser mutagens give you a normal one, and 3 normal ones give you a greater one (you can get instead of having 50+ vitality for example, +300). Provided you have the recipes of course.

Armor and weapons brake really fast, and the cost of repairing it is also a little bit heavy at the beginning. Try to explore the map and find the treasure chest quests, you'll get a lot of good gear recipes to craft.

The 3rd steel sword and silver sword I got to play with were from recipes witch gave me +50 damage on the steel and almost +100 on the silver one. it REALLY changed the fights to my side. I also found out a full set in recipes that is for level 27 on the first big map in the game, me being only 10. You just gotta look for the better gear, then craft it as you go leveling up.

Game is good. Im only running it on lowest settings but what can I do, I don't have money for a nice videocard right now :S
    The downgrade is a bitch, but at least it let me play the game haha

5. cod6da

cod6da Member

GPU:
    powercolor rx 480 8gb
    Any difference in gta 5,with 15.4 vs 15.5?

6. maap

maap Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    It baffles me as to how AMD would not have an adequate driver ready for the launch of W3. This is probably one of the most anticipated games of this year. I know CD Projeck is in bed with NVidia but AMD should've had time proir to release to at least have a working CF profile. There are many AMD users that are just sitting and waiting. I can run the game very nicely on a single card at 2560x1440 but I didn't buy 2 290x's and a 4k monitor to run at 2k resolutions.

7. niczerus

niczerus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    with the drivers for pcars two weaks ago :banana:

8. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Theory is that NVIDIA doesn't let AMD optimize for GameWorks games. Strange how AMD were on the ball with GTA V but not FarCry 4, W3, etc...

9. maap

maap Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    Kinda funny, this reminds of the old 3DFX Riva/NVidia wars with ogl & dx. Flash forward 20 yrs and it's AMD & NVidia with Mantle & GameWorks wars.
    Although I don't think it's a war anymore. More like a blitzkrieg on nvidia's part

10. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    GTA wasn't a gameworks title :O

11. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I checked. I am running in DX11, and my Post FX is set to Ultra, and I don't have the issue anymore. That's just weird. The only things I don't have maxed out is Shadows or Foilage, and shadows are set to softer, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I had the issue with these same settings prior.

Anyone else willing to test it out?

12. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    Sure it was, that's where NVIDIA PCSS & TXAA come from.

13. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    it wasnt "exclusively" a gameworks title.

There was AMD tech in it as well (CHS)

14. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Master Guru

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    this driver works wonders in the new windows 10 build 10122 i love pre _RTMs

15. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Which driver are you using in W10?

16. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Master Guru

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    AMD Catalyst 15.5 BETA (14.502.1014.1001 May 14)

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  18. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080TI/1080TI/VEGA
  19. Avenger2000

Avenger2000 Member

GPU:
    GTX 980