1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Catalyst 15.5 BETA (14.502.1014.1001 May 14)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    "Universal AMD CFX fix" is present this is the real deal: :D

2. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    Haha man, the jokes were sadly incredibly on point.

3. rafaelluik

rafaelluik Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 280
    I'm really interested in your extensive list of non-NVIDIA games where AMD has problems publishing drivers.

Oh yeah I've seen them.

Oh look, this guy has access to the source code. Oh wait he doesn't, but he can prove it with a lot of % scattered in a forum post I'm sure. :)

Again 2 NVIDIA Gameworks games. Thanks for adding nothing to the discussion.

4. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    We all know Gameworks is a tool from Nvidia to take advantage over AMD in games.

This doesn't mean this could be used as an universal excuse for all AMD driver problems including those where Gameworks is not on sight.

This is not the first time i said it.

Now that i repeated again this specially for your ears...

....Can you answer my simple questions about how Gameworks can stop AMD to develop support in features like VSR and Freesync crossfire? :)

Edit: If Nvidia is smarter and have more money to spend with game developers this fact should not be an AMD customer problem.

AMD should still provide support or at least say something about it apart from adding a CFX profile and suggesting to disable it!

LOL

Last edited: May 29, 2015

5. AMDMatt

AMDMatt Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    We suggest to disable AA as it currently causes negative Crossfire scaling and flickering. However with it disabled Crossfire works well with around 80-90% scaling, depending on the resolution and hardware used. We felt it was worth releasing in this state rather than waiting (however long) until this issue was fixed between the dev and us. We also wanted to get our Project Cars fixes out as soon as possible. We spent time creating a detailed KB for our customers to ensure they get the best possible experience in The Witcher 3 with Crossfire enabled.

6. Tronman

Tronman Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    Thanks Matt, as a 295x2 owner I honestly believe it's best to get something out as soon as possible that at least enables us to use crossfire, even if the scaling isn't that great but as long as it is playable (ie no major on screen flickering). I can't speak for other people on here but I feel that as long as that second GPU is providing some benefit, then I'm happy to sit on first batch drivers until the next release.

That wait until that first crossfire profile lands however hurts pretty bad, even if it's only a week from the game's release as it does feel like you're left with an expensive paperweight. I just hope AMD still considers crossfire users as a significant part of their customer base...

7. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Active Member

GPU:
    980Ti
    Just an answer AMDMatt, are you working on assetto corsa cfx profile?????

8. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I can get a better scaling if i enable Vsync ingame. Instead of 88 procent GPU usage on both card, i can reach about 95 procent (sometimes even higher) on both cards.

9. RexOmnipotentus

GPU:
    Vega 64
    What are you talking about? Some benifit? :p Apart from the problems with AA the Profile is doing a really great job. I got nearly a perfect scaling with my two cards. 88/88 with Vsync off and around 95/95 (sometimes even higher) with Vsync on.

EDIT: Same scene -> Vsync off = 53 FPS and Vsync on = 60/1 FPS. So enable Vsync to get better performance

10. jesped

jesped Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070
    Is it normal that VSR resolutions work only at 60Hz? is there any way to force other refresh rates?

11. Tronman

Tronman Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    Don't get me wrong I'm getting great results in W3, I'm just speaking generally. Basically if it came down to releasing a less optimised cf profile on launch, or waiting a week to mature it, I would prefer the earlier option. But others may disagree...

12. AHPD

AHPD Active Member

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X @4096SP
    With my 280X, maximum refresh rate was 1440p@100hz. DisplayPort cable, did not test with DVI.

13. RexOmnipotentus

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I thought you were speaking of the released drivers and AMDMatt's post. Well, i totally agree with you then. ;)

14. jesped

jesped Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070
    I am on HDMI, connected to an Onkyo receiver and then to a projector. Just the 60Hz refresh rate option appears for VSR resolutions, whereas for normal resolutions like 720 or 1080 there is 24, 30, 50, 59 and 60.

The best tradeoff would be 1440p50 for me, but it doesn't show up in VSR.

15. rafaelluik

rafaelluik Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 280
    Can you prove me they don't? Can you give me examples of non-Gameworks / non-NVIDIA-tech games that AMD didn't care to give these features?

When NVIDIA pushes a closed proprietary tech, devs take the bait, and that doesn't allow devs to optimize the code for other GPU vendors it's not only AMD's customers problem my friend: the whole industry suffer with this.

Stop being a puppet for NVIDIA, it's an amoral corporation that only brings negative points to ALL consumers with its anticompetitive practices, AMD, Intel, Samsung, Qualcomm, anyone in the GPU game, everyone suffer, even NVIDIA's own customers: Kepler turned into a scam as soon as Maxwell 9xx series was out. And they don't even have a monopoly, imagine what they're capable of doing with a monopoly.

16. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    These are driver-level features dude, not game-related. :3eyes:

Economics 101: There is no "moral" corporation. There are different corporate strategies. AMD is the underdog, therefore a market cornering strategy would never work. NVIDIA is the leader in discrete graphics at the moment, and since they lost the console bids they are heavily investing into further monopolizing what they have in the discrete market. For now it makes sense for them. If AMD presents compelling products that threaten NVIDIA's position, then that kind of strategy might turn the other way around for them. What they try to do is to use software to keep their hardware market share.
    I don't LIKE it, but don't try to believe that corporations are people. Only the US Supreme Court believes in such b*llsh*t. :D

17. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Thanks to expose it with better words than me. :)

I hope your English is enough to make him understand this facts:

I still don't get how the Evil Gameworks can stop AMD to develop driver support for his own features like VSR or Freesync crossfire.

No matter what game you play VSR and Freesync must work because they are INDEPENDENT from the game.

....If proper support is included in drivers what is not the case right now.

AMD is the only responsible to fail adding his own features in his own drivers who works on his own hardware.

These simple facts should be clear to everybody but it's a well known fact that severe fanboyism it's a cause of blindness.

There are even studies (and movies) of psychopathic behavior of corporations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Corporation_(film)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/victorl...bing-link-between-psychopathy-and-leadership/

We seem to be ALL INMORALS here!

We use EVIL MICROSOFT OS to play games with our AMD GPUs. :D

Nobody (almost) is playing with the "100% MORAL" Linux here.

Too much people here want to believe the "Evil Nvidia" and the "Saint AMD" fairy tale.

I only want to PROPERLY play the games i bought with the GPUs i bought.

Where is the moral in not supporting your OWN partially added features like VSR and Freesync?

I'm an "inmoral" dude using "inmoral" MS OS to play "inmoral" games with "very moral" (as you seem to think) AMD GPUs who provide me incompetent drivers support for HIS OWN FEATURES.

I know you will not like these argument so take this one:

At the end of the day Nvidia is "more" moral...It's GREEN!

LOL

@PR:

This is for you as i saw you "like" the subject:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-us-corporation-as-psychopath/5345811

:)

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  18. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    That US Supreme Court ruling was... sad. There are no words for it really. It enabled corporations to have the same rights as people in the electoral process, but they don't have the same property/liability law as private citizens.

Apart from that, and back to the subject, even Linux doesn't have a "good" or "bad" side. It was simply decided by Linus Torvalds that the best way to develop it was for it to be open, since his personal resources were extremely limited. Linux wouldn't be Linux if it wasn't open, which makes his decision the correct corporate decision at the time. He is still handsomely paid and he does what he loves.

The "open" route is the route of the person with the least resources (at least in the beginning). We also shouldn't completely disqualify people's personalities. Everybody in the industry seems to agree that NVIDIA's CEO is a massive c*nt, and that the company basically amplifies his personality.

19. chris89

chris89 Member Guru

GPU:
    1 bit of video ram pcie
    For some reason the bit.ly link is flagging (Nevermind, just had to change dns to unsecure for bit.ly)... anyway does this actually allow 3840x2160 on 390x? I'm on Win10 x64.

It would blow my mind if you can make one up to 5120x2880... push this 390X to it's utter edge... having issues atm... running smooth delimited power limit, tested with modest power limit and lagging like mad...went back to delimited... still lagging... I'll try this bios. The 390X runs twice as fast DeLimited on power limit... So the voltage you set can sing out to it's peak potential when taxed to the limit which there is none... Only limit is heat... 75C Core 75C VRM no problem reference 290X blower on 390X.

****Tested the Driver... on Win10x64... As soon as Display Driver installs black screen and freeze... Maybe I'll try compatibility...?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017