AMD Catalyst 15.5 BETA (14.502.1014.1001 May 14)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Yeah I know 1600p for me does nearly nothing. But for some games that 4k would be too much so I don't get myself them modded drivers that awesome guys here are providing.

2. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I would not use a different approach than the integer división but it's my personal decision of course.:)

I play Dark Souls II 8K downsampled to 1080p using GeDoSaTo and CFX enabled, Dead Space series up to 12k.

Pillars of Eternity gives me 25 FPS at 8K because it hasn't CFX profile so i use 4K instead.

"Squared" downsampling is the way for me.

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I kind of wanted dual lightning setup then I couldn't wait anymore so I bought a gaming 290x back in the day :) It would be amazing to play things around 8K tho.

4. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Wait what? That's simply not true. Going from 1080p to 1440p normally reduces the FPS by 37 procent (based on my expierence). No way you only lose 5 FPS if you are setting the resolution to 1440p. Only time that that is likely to happen is if you are running into a cpu bottleneck and your gpu usage isn't at 100 procent.

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    This GPUs are amazing when proper support is provided....trully amazing.:)

The downside is the 3 slot build who make almost imposible to use 2 of this in CFX without a good WC loop due to the temp skyrocketing.

When i first installed them on air the top GPU set at 71 Cº...on desktop doing nothing! :3eyes:

After a BIG cash investment on WC loop i never reach 60 Cº on them under full load with a good OC.

6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I can believe that :eek: My gaming reachers 80 celsius and idles at around 60. The cooler is really good but then again I got only one card. Would you suggest getting another if I can get one for 200€ at one point in time.

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    NO

Only get another GPU to CFX if you are ready to be upset about nonexistent and faulty CFX profiles. :bang:

8. Seth-01

Seth-01 Active Member

GPU:
    VTX3D R9 290 947/1250
    Were is the new driver ??? again next week ???

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Some time next month.

10. fish

fish Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 5700 XT
    Well, next month starts on monday...

11. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 3070 ti
    Yeah I tried CFX with the 290 and the temps were much too high. I don't trust myself to go water either. I'll probably end up wrecking the whole computer.

12. RexOmnipotentus

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Oh come on, CrossFire isn't as worse as you make it out to be. It works for most games. The biggest problem with CrossFire is that you might sometimes have to wait for CrossFire to work. You must be prepared to wait or play with one card, if a game doesn't support CrossFire. Yeah that's very ****ty, i know. I don't like it either. But still, CrossFire is totally worth it for me. I don't regret that i replaced my two hd 7950 with two r9 290.

My point is. It really depends on what kind of gamer you are. CrossFire could be worth it, if you don't mind the hassle.

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)

I said it, when it works as intended (CFX profile avalaible) the experience is AMAZING at least with 2 290X Lightnings.

The problems is the F****** Murphy dude.

Normally when you want play a game it has not a proper CFX profile.

:bang:

14. RexOmnipotentus

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Well, i'm one of those users that doesn't have to play all games at day one. I know that FC 4 was a mess, but i could solve that with the BF4.exe profile and got 100 procent perfect scaling. Shadows of Mordor had flickering in the menu in ARF-friendly mode, but apart from that i got 100 procent perfect scaling. GTA V was awesome, so was DA I. The elder scrolls online also did run very well (after the game got a real fullscreen mode).

Only real problem i have run into since i have CrossFire (only about a year now) is with the Witcher 3. That doesn't mean ofcourse, that there are no other games that have problems with CrossFire. I'm not interested in Project Cars for example. That game seems to run like crap on AMD by the looks of it.

15. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Don't get me wrong: i enjoy CFX when it works but we are all different, if somebody expect to have similar driver support in CFX than single GPU and only get benefits this person is dead wrong.

Been the AMD current flagship (295X2) a multicard (CFX) GPU the CFX support should be similar to single GPU and we all know this is not the case.

CFX profiles on titles launching day is the exception not the norm.

CFX profiles appears week or months after game launch in some cases years or never.

I'm not going to recommend anyone to buy a CFX setup with this kind of support.

16. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
  17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Thanks makes it easier for me to just wait till 2016 :p (not like I cannot play everything pretty much maxed out @ 1920x1200)

18. BradleyW

BradleyW Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    3 Months.

All joking aside, the new cards land in 18 days according to a leaked countdown that has now been removed from the net. Expect drivers then!

19. niczerus

niczerus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    The next month with the new 390 .

20. iafro89

iafro89 Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII