AMD Catalyst (15.200.1012.2 March 11) Win 8.1 Mod - VSR for HD7/R7/R9 & FPS limiter

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Mar 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Just my 2 cents about this

2. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Maybe i took your words out of context.

It's possible i misunderstood your words:

I can't speak by yourself but if someone lies to me and others like AMD did and took me for an idiot (or an "imbecile" BTW :) ) i'm not very happy.....I'm not happy at all!

Even in this situation i don't act like an ass showing disrespect for who hasn't any kind of respect to me and i never throw insults to other forum member or anybody in general.

Other people can't say the same.

Showing anger and asking for explanations without insults about a subject is not disrespect...It's self respect!

I think you only seem unhappy with modded drivers and very happy with the limited VSR option official drivers give us.

That's your personal decision and point of view and i respect it cause you are able to express yourself without the need of insults.

There are a lot of people here very unhappy with AMD about VSR in offcial drivers who get "mind blowing features " like VSR from modded drivers when AMD advertise they will not add support to them due to lacking of "hardware" scaler.

However i may be wrong about your toughts, please be kind with me...

...I'm not so "bright" as others seems to believe to be. :)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Thank you! I was actually looking for your post but I couldn't find it!

4. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    You are right. But on the other hand do you honestly believe we would even get VSR if it wasn't for the sh*tstorm created in here?

Doesn't that bother you at all?

5. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    You're welcome :)

some other stuff from AnandTech:

AnanadTech - Next Generation OpenGL Becomes Vulkan: Additional Details Released
    Basically, Khronos took Mantle, removed some features limited only to GCN uarch and removed HLSL dependencies (Vulkan is using GLSL as default shader language) and add option to use programming in C++ via SPIR-V

I think we are OT here :(

6. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Nahhh just a "Little" :D

This forums seems to have free space to open new threads.

I wonder why nobody open a new one about Vulkan... :rolleyes:

7. d875j

d875j Member Guru

GPU:
    X2 R9 390 Dual GPU
    Well there's a chance we could see a OEM driver that has this and more. It takes a group of people to push a company.

8. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    How many times has an OEM driver compelled AMD or NVIDIA to put a feature? Who of the OEM's would care? Really? Seriously? :3eyes:

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Is any OEM able and want to spend his money and reputation building a driver for AMD or Nvidia GPUs without having FULL ACCESS to GPU documentation?

A skin maybe, a full driver no way.

Maybe he is thinking about a community effort like the Nouveau drivers to add support to Nvidia GPUs on Linux.

Let's see what you get with Nouveau drivers compared to Nvidia in relation to FPS in games in Linux:

Green is Nvidia

Blue is Nouveau

[​IMG]

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nouveau_linux318_blob&num=2

This is after many years of community effort and without a lot of features from official Nvidia driver.

10. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    This is not what he is talking about. I believe he speaks about companies like ASUS and Sapphire. Nouveau is the open source driver for NVIDIA hardware in Linux. Not supporting Nouveau was one of the reasons that Linus gave the finger to NVIDIA. :D

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I know he reffers to companies who sell us AMD GPUs.

But this is simply imposible so let's try community effort. :D

The best software we can expect from them is AfterBurner, Tri-X and EVGA Precisión and thanks, these are welcome

12. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I'm able to run up to 4k VSR at 144hz with these which is cool, I guess it is because of it being software implementation?

With the official drivers I can run only 100hz at 2560x1440 and any higher at only 60hz which is why I never use it.

Finally I'm able to get high HZ and VSR. Screw the hardware implementation.

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Afterburner is not developed by MSI. It's actually developed by Unwinder (a mod on this forum and the creator of RivaTuner).

Nouveau drivers suck. NVidia's support for Linux is laughable. If you're going to run Linux, you're better off with AMD.

So, now you're confirming Vulkan is not a "copy/paste" of Mantle.....

Ahh yes, I always forget how fast fanboys forget all the marketing crap that AMD, NVidia and Intel spew annually.

I don't need to provide "a shred of evidence" to anyone that's paid any attention to the tech industry over the last 4 years. AMD and NVidia have both been caught in their own lies.

As for the development time-frame. Do you really think a GPU architecture is developed overnight? An API would die if it were released with no supporting hardware. No API is released to the public unless there is hardware readily available to support it, which means waiting out hardware development cycles....which, coincidentally, is 2-4 years. You'll also need hardware to test the API throughout it's development.....

Btw, Mantle was announced in September 2013. The Mantle patch for BF, was released in February 2014. Think you should learn a bit more math. It's been less than 2 years since AMD first announced Mantle.

14. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I didn't say it was developed by MSI but it has his name on it so it must had invested some money on it.

I know Unwinder developed it and i hope he is geting a good money from MSI to let them brand it: "MSI Afterburner":

...........................................................................................................................
    MSI Afterburneris the world’s most recognized and widely used graphics card overclocking utility which gives you full control of your graphics cards. It also provides an incredibly detailed overview of your hardware and comes with some additional features such as customizing fan profiles, benchmarking and video recording. MSI Afterburneris available completely free of charge and can be used with graphics cards from all brands.
    .............................................................................................................................

https://gaming.msi.com/features/afterburner

Nouveau was only an example to show what we can expect from a driver development not supported by the GPU manufacturer with full access to documentation.

Linux Mint 17 is a great OS but right now is yet not the right place for PC gamers even using AMD GPUs and AMD drivers, i don't expect this change to with Vulkan.

Even if i would.

You know lack of $$$upport.

The kind of $$$upport MS is doing with DX12, free win 10 upgrade, xbox one supported, windows 10 phone....this is a lot of sinergy and a HUGE PC gamers base.

15. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    If you had the slightest clue about graphics tech you would realize that the shader code couldn't have been the same between Mantle and Vulkan, because it needs to run on other hardware too.
    Ten posts up another guy posts the list of commands from the Valve demo and they are completely the same, up to the letter.
    The NVIDIA guy working for Khronos said that Mantle gave them a "leg up", which is the market speak way of saying that they basically used it as their spec.
    The Khronos Group presentation papers start with "THANK YOU AMD".

If you follow this forum you know that the last thing I am is a fanboy, but the damn facts are the damn facts. AMD was the fist company to capitalize on the need for a close to the metal API without the years of cruft in the drivers that DX and GL had, and there it is.

So, you don't need to provide evidence for what you say, because you read tech news sites like the rest of us. Only the rest of us actually try to give references. How logical is that? Unless you are some kind of authority that is always right, the Pope's office is to the left, thank you :D

Last I checked, the 7970 was introduced in 2011. The first working title with Mantle appears in February 2014. That's three years of development, and AMD had their architecture down at least a couple of years before anybody saw it in a card (as all manufacturers would).

We're gonna have the first DX12 titles by the end of 2015. That's Two years, right? Still a bit behind?

16. vase

vase Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    @sykozis pls stop making a fool out of yourself. of course khronos "borrowed" much from mantle. and the khronos team is thankful for that. i dont know why you see any reason to fake defend someone or something here...
    it makes vulkan not look worse just because they use mantle tech... no need to try to deny that in any case at all? cant u accept the fact that developers of both parties are happy with how things are turning out??? amd layed the fundament and khronos is now profiting as well. everbody is happy... except you :D
    get over your ego problems dude.

17. xacid0

xacid0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Of course, they probably start working on DX12 well before AMD start working on Mantle but the low-level access on DX12 was certainly arrive after AMD show off Mantle. Give me any link about news of DX12 low-level capability before Mantle was announced to proven otherwise.

I didn't claim Vulkan is the exact "copy & paste" of Mantle.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  18. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Can we stay on the topic of the thread?

It was an informative and very usefull thread untill it was derailed.

:(

There is space in this forum to open a thread about Vulkan or even Vulkan vs DX12.

19. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Coming back to the topic:

Is someone having problems with pixel format with modded drivers?

If i set RGB 4:4:4 (Full RGB) in AMD CCC using HDMI after a few minutes it reverts to YCbCr 4:4:4 pixel format by itself.

This problem is not present in official drivers for me.

20. Osjur

Osjur Member

GPU:
    Radeon Fury X
    [OT]

You can't find that kind of document from the interwebs but you can find this kind of documents:

[​IMG]

Oh well, lets just say Microsoft had dx12 already developed and AMD just borrowed the whole low-lvl API spec to their Mantle which they relased earlier and Microsoft just waited with their DX12... riiight :3eyes: