AMD Catalyst 15.15 (Official Radeon 300 Launch Driver)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Jun 16, 2015.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Pillars is nice, and AC Unity if you are in that period of history. Dying Light is also pretty spectacular.

2. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Inquisition is pretty epic..

3. anish81

anish81 Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 290 DCUII OC
    BTW, with 1040 or 15.15 driver i am not getting any option for frame limiting under CCC :(

4. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    For your card i think it gets added to the modded 1023.7. I tried it actually last night, and while i got a 300 points boost in firestrike, i really would've loved seeing more fps in games like the witcher 3, dying light, gta v at least at cpu stress moments. Any other modded drivers you guys recommend aside from 1040, my card doesn't get along with it.

Thx btw for the games recommendation, i did play actually most of the mentioned one, since most of them went on sale early because of their performance.

5. MatrixNetrunner

MatrixNetrunner Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    I did say rationalization ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationalization_%28psychology%29 ), didn't I? I was making excuses for them, if that was not obvious, because I think I understand the scope of the work the developers are undertaking.

I work in the software industry, design and development with some end-user relations (a very small team). You have to keep a simplified, positive message at all times. Try to under-promise and over-deliver. Don't talk about things too much in advance. Stuff like that.

6. MatrixNetrunner

MatrixNetrunner Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    South Park: The Stick of Truth,
    Wasteland 2,
    Shadowrun Returns,
    Divinity: Original Sin,
    XCom - Enemy Within,
    Hand of Fate,
    Sleeping Dogs

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I respect that a lot.

Common sense and respect for the customer intelligence and his wallet.

No PR BS, false AD and no artificial lock for older hardware.

I was dreaming, sorry...

Common sense is the less common of all the senses.

8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    After 70+ hours of playing, I didn't have the patience to finish it. It is way to overextended, but it has nice graphics. I would prefer a smaller package.

All of these are awesome recommendations. If you go for XCOM, and you have played it before, let me recommend the Long War.

Also, if you are a history buff like me, go for Rome 2 Total War (still crap performance in the campaign map, but most issues are resolved), with the DEI mod. Play a grand campaign like that, you'll remember it. Another excellent choice is Crusader Kings 2.