AMD Catalyst 15.10 Beta Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Oct 14, 2015.

1. d0X

d0X Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    I think the last driver it worked for me was 15.7.1. But in these last few betas the drivers are crashing in games too (CSGO, Witcher 3).

2. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    After installing this driver my bf4 stutters like mad. Back to leaked windows update drivers

3. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    No sign of the new power options in CCC, that I had with the WHQL 15.201.2001 driver.

Anyone got anything conclusive regards 15.10 vs 15.201.2001 performance?

I installed 15.10s, not spotted anything obvious in terms of performance so far.

4. BaNsHiE

BaNsHiE Guest

GPU:
    Saphire 7970 TriFire
    I get that as well and at least with my active display adapter as I setup eyefinity 3x1 I need to unplug the usb cord that powers my active adapter as it starts to combine the screens and plug it back in the monitors go black then come back on then display correctly.

BaNsHiE

5. xermit

xermit Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980ti @ 1470
    Please post comparsion with 15.201.2001! Sorry, don't have time to test this myself.

6. MacT

MacT Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    Hmm DX11 or mantle? Nothing wrong with this driver in BF4 for me - very smooth mantle and dx. If stutter is in mantle, try deleting the 2 MantlePipelineCache files in your docs folder and restart game - since there appears to be a mantle update in this driver pack.

7. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Probably due to different architecture.
    Seems like GCN cards are more prone to crashing with madVR for some reason, depending on which driver version.

8. Berdugoo

Berdugoo Guest

GPU:
    INTEL 4000 w/ AMD 8750M
    difference is 2001 has notification will appear to make certain application into high performance or low perfromace like game apps etc... there both same in peformance base on my benchmark and game test :banana:

9. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I reverted the registry tweaks posted here cause even on the 5 oct leaked driver I was lagging. Had frame drops like mad but since reverting back it's stable again. So maybe I will try this driver again to see how it performs again.

I'm running on DX11. Maybe I should try mantle again now that I fixed my lag

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Seems its only for the Ashes Early Access thats coming next week.

This is the 15.9.1s

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015

11. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    The question was did they change the link...it seems I posted it as they were updating links across AMD site for the new drivers.

12. OrionCheung

OrionCheung Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8G
  13. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I'm on Insider Preview build 10565 (the one released in the last few days). I noticed with this beta that sometimes the driver would 'refresh' or something. This mostly occurred when watching video using MPDN and have it set up for the maximum quality of my liking. The processing is done by the video card shaders. It was just a flicker, until now when my secondary screen (the TV where I was playing) appeared frozen. It wasn't, just mouse cursor was missing. I closed of MPDN, started playing around a bit, and got the second screen working fine... but then the mouse on the main screen wouldn't show!

I've therefore gone 'back' to the 15.201.2001 branch. It's possible the new .2001 branch has TH2 in mind and the 1151 branch with it's numerous incarnations is just maintenance releases for the RTM branch of Windows?

Who knows. Anyways, I'll see if the same thing happens with 15.201.2001.

14. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Looking forward to the feedback :thumbup:

15. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

It just happened again :(. I thought it was the driver, but I think it's Windows related now. Looks like something with DWM crashes and reloads. Thing is, it's very quick, so if it has happened to other people they may not realise it?

Looking through the event manager, it definitely appears to be a Windows 10 TH2 build 10565 issue :). However, people will probably blame the display driver.

The 'faulting module' is quartz.dll, and it causes explorer to crash. It's Directshow related, which is probably why the crashes occur when playing media files! I'll give Microsoft feedback on it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2015

16. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Please do mate... hopefully it'll be fixed prior to the release of the stable version. Don't want Madvr+MPC or MPDN getting affected, or SVP. I'd probably be pissed off enough to roll back to Windows 8.1 if the issue doesn't get fixed within a week or two (if it's still there when the stable built hits).

:bang::bang:

17. Newbie2012

Newbie2012 Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 8GB-CustomLoop
    Would these work for metal gear crossfire? Was thinking of picking the game up, wondering how is xfire in the game?

18. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

It would be interesting if anyone else has the same issue. Everything is exactly as it was before the upgrade (since I rolled back the display driver). Ran SFC and dism restorehealth etc, just to make sure everything is good (it is). It's not a hardware issue since it's only started with 10565, occurs in a software based Windows DLL, and the exception offset is identical each time. Quartz.dll is the 'Directshow Runtime', which it makes sense that the error only occurs when playing media files. I did try wmplayer for a bit and it didn't occur, but doesn't meant it won't, it seems to occur pretty randomly. Most of the time I just see the desktop screen quickly reloading (like happens when Explorer crashes and reloads itself), it doesn't usually affect the playback of the file. Because of this, if people are watching something the error could go unnoticed.

19. Broken Haiku

Broken Haiku Member

GPU:
    AMD 280x 3GB
    Interesting. This one sent my system into a perpetual reboot loop after the first time I put it to sleep.

20. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    You should let Zachs know on DOOM9 anyway just in case it's a MPDN issue, he might want to know about it to fix it. I can PM him the link to this page and tell him to check your posts if you don't have an account there.