AMD Catalyst 14.9 WHQL (14.301.1001.0 September 15)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Sep 29, 2014.

1. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    Very nice driver for gw2. It seems to have resolved a nasty black mesh effect on stuff when coming in to view that has been there for ages and has smoothed out fps quite a bit. Good so far

2. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    i have almost zero problems with bf4 these days..other than crappy physics...it doesnt truely support my 2560x1080 properly...amongst other minor tech glitches...which at this point are pretty common to most pieces of software. I just know i wont be buying the hardline mod, and very likely never again a bf title ever again. It sucks..but hey, when theres no sign of anything changing, esp with EA owning it all now, why put money into a lying pos company that has zero use for anyone. They aren't voted the worst company in the world for nothing...to my knowledge.

3. Blacklash

Blacklash Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 470 4Gb
    If Skyrim doesn't feel quite right to some of you, force vsync on in the CCC then target the .exe and overwrite its existing profile with a new one.

Doing that got rid of occasional flickering I was seeing on water and it smoothed the game out too.

Setting vsync in a global manner without a profile doesn't seem to do much for Skyrim. If I do that or just use the game's vsync it's not as smooth and I often have distracting flicker on water.

The games looks and feels fine to me with both 14.7 and 14.9 as long as I do what I've noted.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  4. sjlee556

sjlee556 New Member

GPU:
    8Gb
    Known Issues

[404829]: Horizontal flashing lines on second screen in a clone mode with V-Sync on using AMD Mobility Graphics with Switchable Intel Graphics

Solution

h t t p://leekms.blogspot.kr/2014/05/amd-enduro-performance-fix-for-directx-9.html

5. sekta

sekta Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Black ops 2 multiplayer runs horrible with these drivers. Same fps but looks like 20fps.

edit: fixed after a restart. Don't know what it was, maybe ULPS.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  6. yanzy16

yanzy16 New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 6550D with HD 6670
    Can anyone confirm if the Dual Graphics is now working on this 14.9 driver with APU A8-3870k and AMD Radeon HD 6670?

7. BuuBuu

BuuBuu Member

GPU:
    Corsair 8 GB ( 4 X 2 )
    i have one strange problem , i have R7 260x and when i use skype and call someone the screen goes black , and if someone calls me the screen goes black too , the second problem is when i leave the system idle or when browsing the screen goes suddenly black ! even with this driver the problem is still here

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Booted up this morning with these drivers installed, and for the first time since 14.4, Eyefinity remained activated! :D

9. Trixster

Trixster Active Member

GPU:
    1070 G1 Gaming
    Seems nothing new from the 14.x builds except the OpenGL version, will avoid the hassles of installing until something decent comes.

10. Phuncz

Phuncz Active Member

GPU:
    I'm having a hard time to get 4:4:4 chroma subsampling to work on my TV screen, it used to work with 14.4 but with this driver I can't get it to work. It should be outputting it, the screen should be accepting it, but it's not working.

EDIT: just installed 14.4 WHQL back, sharp text is possible once again !

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Just got a "Load Mmdriver has stopped working" with these today on the boot. Never happened before, anyone knows why?

12. shredderman

shredderman Member

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390
    14.4 was a really good driver for overclocking my 270 to 1085MHz.

Just installed 14.9. I was surprised it didn't blue/red screen like 14.7.
    I'm also seeing some minor performance gains throughout a lot of games.

No complaints so far.

13. HerrFornit

HerrFornit Active Member

GPU:
    Asus HD7790-DC2OC-2GD5
    14.9 brings back atikmpag.sys Freeze TDR 141,
    while video playing in cyberfox browser + clicking tray loudness symbol.
    (No HW-accelaration, no flash installed)

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Id say yes as got the same, it might not be approved just yet, as the driver has just been released. :)

15. dampflokfreund

dampflokfreund Member Guru

GPU:
    8600/8700M Series
    Good performing driver so far

16. shankly1985

shankly1985 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Wow!
    Even my BF4 temps have dropped alot "alot" used to be 80c top card and 78c bottom

Now top is 73c and bottom 70c

Well DONE AMD!

17. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Hymm. I play just yesterday like evey other day with max of 60'c temp, but after installing newest drivers + today battlefield 4 patch it goes to 63'c temps.

18. AMINOV

AMINOV Member

GPU:
    amd radeon hd 8850m
    14.4 is good for that card

19. Tempest22

Tempest22 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 970 1.5Ghz
    My dual graphics setup works better with 14.8 WHQL so reverting to that. 14.9 uses my igp at 100% and the 7670m get's lower usage, even if i overclock it to 1300 mhz I get less fps at any game. With the 14.8 WHQL it's the other way around since the 7670m is faster so I will stick to that for now.

20. dampflokfreund

dampflokfreund Member Guru

GPU:
    8600/8700M Series
    Nah, the 14.9 is far better than 13.12. It enables Mantle and has further optimisations.