AMD Catalyst 14.9 WHQL (14.301.1001.0 September 15)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Sep 29, 2014.

1. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    What i did to fix that was use windows uninstaller first before using DDU.
    I used to uninstall directly from DDU and always had the same problem untill i did it this way and never had that problem again.
    So now i uninstall the catalyst software untill it prompts you to restart then press no and run DDU to go to safe mode or do it manually

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Ah right, nice - Im not bothered really, there is no error really and saves time using just DDU

3. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    too lazy to run a uninstaller before DDU .... lol:rolleyes:

4. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Who said too lazy?

Why run two uninstallers when you only need to run one for the sake of a non existent error message ?

5. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    I was just kidding :) and if i have to say something .... just for the sake of our rigs running error free :banana: and i hate the yellow question mark :biggun:

6. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Meh, it's not even an error, if you click the button that shows the logs, everything says SUCCESS, it's literally just a brain fart that the installer wasn't expecting, not an actual error of the driver install

7. shankly1985

shankly1985 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Not a driver issue, it's a game issue. Wait for patch or download CTE.

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yer right, i didn't, but its always said that hasn't it ?, then when the list appears, you untick Raptr. :p

I'll try that next time, thanks for the tip :)

9. Lokenall

Lokenall Member

GPU:
    2xASUS Matrix 7970GHz P
    BF4, one of the worst purchases ever. Hasn't ran correctly ever. Constant stuttering. They will never fix this, nor do they care. They are already working on other projects. I will never buy one of their games again.

10. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    BF4 runs smooth and problem free for the vast majority of users. It must be something with your system.

11. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    It used to just say to do a custom install and you had to remove it yourself iirc, now it says do a custom install for it to not be included :)

12. shankly1985

shankly1985 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    BF4 run fine for me till last dlc patch, cte works perfectly so next patch for stable should be fine.

13. soky999

soky999 New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX Vega 56 8GB
    we dont have any of these problems...reinstall windows,, thats can resolve this

14. Osjur

Osjur Member

GPU:
    Radeon Fury X
    OMG this has to be one of the worst releases ever. Takes me back to 7970 launch and the so called "drivers" with CF setups :thumbdown

DEM Bluescreens eveywherez with 290X CF and Win7 64bit.

1st BSOD: trying to update from 14.7RC3 without doing DDU cleanup and blue is happily greeting me.
    2nd BSOD: doing DDU cleanup (in safe mode) and then installing these, driver tries to automagically enable CF on next boot and fails with blue window.
    3rd BSOD: enabling GPU up-scaling (maintain aspect-ratio) in CCC brings me yet again to the world of blue.
    4th BSOD: trying to view software information tab in CCC tries to tell me that even red has turned blue and "Windows Had Quality Labs" :lulz:

Need to play around a bit with these to see what is actually causing all these problems. 4th BSOD is definitely pointing to Oculus Rift sys filter and I can replicate it every time.
    Need to make yet another bug feedback which AMD most likely doesn't even read :bang:

Downgrading back to 14.7RC3 which has worked like toilet in a train after tests.

15. shankly1985

shankly1985 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Thanks for this :D :banana: Worked

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I am literally drooling at this what the heck.

*downloads*

17. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX1070 FE
    known issue --> [404660]: GPU gets stuck in a low power state after it was previously stressed to max power.

Ok well... that is just ridiculous. Really..... AMD

:bang:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  18. Pestul

Pestul Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 970
    Bugger.. I'm still getting the CCC host application error and then it closes. :S

Event logs:
    Faulting module name: amdmantle64.dll

My 5850s aren't even mantle-enabled yet that dll is causing my CCC to crash.

19. tiganho

tiganho Member

GPU:
    HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 256BITS
    all the driver that enables mantle, I have bug graphs, (all black textures of games, all buggy, all colorful, risks) in other games such as CS GO,WAR THUNDER etc, and me A LOT worse FPS in some games like need the run .... This driver made ***8203;***8203;them more "smoothed" graphics and I gained 2fps in BF3 and BF4, and the cs go not open at 8850m, I have a black screen, besides every time I close a game the message "driver amd has stopped working" appears only with this driver, 13.12 is far better....13.12>ALL FOR MOBILY

20. Lokenall

Lokenall Member

GPU:
    2xASUS Matrix 7970GHz P
    It's not the OS. After reverting back to 14.7 RC3 Beta, everything works fine and smooth as butter.