AMD Catalyst 14.9 WHQL (14.301.1001.0 September 15)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Lokenall

Lokenall Member

GPU:
    2xASUS Matrix 7970GHz P
    So, after installing CCC 14.9 I couldn't play games, couldn't load a browser with 'use hardware acceleration' on and when I check dxdiag my computer would crash. I would get audio stuttering and then a complete freeze. Had to hard restart. Rolled back to 14.7 RC3 beta and all is good. This is a very bad release in my opinion for having to wait so long for non beta release. I think it had something to do with directshow. Be wary of this new release.

2. WILDMAKC

WILDMAKC Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R7 260X
    I removed all drivers via AMD Catalyst Install Manager , reboot and now USB is not working .(in BIOS mouse and keyboard work) . When booting, can't press F8(system recovery) because keyboard is disabled . What do I do ?

I have solved this problem ) . AMD Catalyst Install Manager removed executable file , but did not remove tails in registry . Using another OS , I removed these tails in registry and everything started to work . Conclusion use DDU ^_^

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  3. Lokenall

Lokenall Member

GPU:
    2xASUS Matrix 7970GHz P
    WILDMAKC, I had the same problem. What worked for me was restarting and unplug your mouse and keyboard and then plug it back in. Should initialize the USB. Be careful with installing AMD's USB driver in CCC. Uncheck or you'll have this problem everytime you install CCC. In beta's this doesn't exist. I find AMD's betas are a lot more stable. LOL. Go figure.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Use a PS/2 keyboard or hope that Windows installs the drivers when you plug into a different USB port

Drivers are not the reason F8 is not working though, that's before Windows loads - that's either a Win 8.1 thing, it's been disabled, or a BIOS thing, USB Legacy support disabled

5. calusari

calusari Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    I haven't been able to successfully use a single driver other than 14.4 WHQL, which works perfectly with a +25mV overvolt. Every other driver gives me a black screen right before Windows login. Is there some magical BIOS I should be using on my card?

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    These didn't have Raptr for me, it said the usual about do a custom install if you don't want it, but when i clicked to do the custom (to unselect it), it wasn't in the list to untick, so i just clicked next with everything selected :p

I guess all the issues they wanted reporting won't be in these, as they are signed, takes about 2 weeks that, so these would have had to have been sent off for the signage, around the time of the last day for submitting issues, which was the 12th September.

Might get a Beta soon with most of those issues fixed, as these just look more like a performance driver, as theres quite a few performance improvements listed in the release notes.

EDIT: for the bib, These are dated the 15th September.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  7. David Ryder

David Ryder Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 ti SC ACX2
    Warframe character shadows are still messed up. I will disable them this time instead of going back to 14.4.

8. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    I really like these Drivers, and I play Old School, like IL2 1946 and Cliffs of Dover.

Thanks again Guy's.

9. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Well, I'm, gonna give these a blast, not expecting any different experience than I've had from every single other build since 14.4, but hey-ho

10. mtdew332

mtdew332 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390x
    Yes.
    Download the latest Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X bios HERE.

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    These also gave me the yellow question mark at the end of the install again, saying there were errors, even though everything installed fine, the 14.41 RC1s, never reported any (got the green tick after the install).

12. SAG

SAG Active Member

GPU:
    R9 270 @1050/1400
    Thx Hugin, found it like you mentioned! But it looks like AHCI and USB filter driver didn't change since 14.4.

So far every game looks smooth and stable. Nothing bad to report from the graphics driver.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  13. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Got the error message too, apparently it's something to do with DDU I think Wagnard was saying, the installer is looking for a registry entry that is not there or vice versa, something like that, sure he'll come and correct me lol

14. hyno111

hyno111 New Member

GPU:
    980M 8G
    Although there is now a Known Issue section, it would be far better to have a formal bugtracker so I can add information or comfirmation to existing bugs.
    For example, the Simcity 4 bug might because of a very stupid reason.
    The graphic rules.sgr of Simcity 4 specifies this
    The noPartialBackingStoreCopies property can not be changed in-game,so...

I bet they never expect a modern card would have name with "Radeon" and "7?00" again.. The Origin/GoG version seems to have this fixed.

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio

Could be, as i do use that, but version 12 still, although saying that, i used it before installing the the 14.41 RC1s, and then never gave the 'there were errors'.

Also, remember when selecting the video options in the CCC, the background used to go black, well its back for me with these :D, but slightly different, it now goes black, when i go to another menu option, after going into the video ones. :p

Re-ran the LL bench again, and the minimum was back up, was 16 odd.

16. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    The video options background is ok for me, wonder if it's a Win 7 thing?

Had a quick play of a couple things and so far so good, but I said that last time just before BSOD and loss of Eyefinity upon reboot

17. Aaron123

Aaron123 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    Any word on the performance of mantle in bf4? Every driver has that stuttering every 2 seconds issue.

18. incneet

incneet Member

GPU:
    MSI R7770 Power Edition

This issue again

:3eyes:

[​IMG]

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    ^ Yep, although i only get it now when going to another menu option from that one, and its only the left hand menu, and along the top that blacks out. :p

EDIT: Wonder why Raptr never appeared in the list of what to install when doing a custom, as just had a look inside the AMD folder, and the Raptr folder is there, with its installer.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  20. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Because you didn't read it properly :D lol

I read it a couple times before realising it says, Choose custom if you do not want Raptr installed

They changed it