AMD Catalyst 14.9 WHQL (14.301.1001.0 September 15)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Sep 29, 2014.

1. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    There seems to be a few "sleep bugs"

Mine is just the annoying disconnect on monitor sleep, and reconnect on wakeup.

It takes freaking forever, and makes a bunch of racket with the bing-bong noises.

From a technical viewpoint, the Virtual desktop is deactivating on sleep, wihch its not supposed to.

It should just activate DPMS to turn off the signal, and leave the desktop activated.

It also wreaks havoc on eyfinity.

13.12 was the last driver it worked correctly on.

But yeah, its still there.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  2. crz

crz Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    The Firing Range is irrelevant, you need to play at least 2-3 rounds on large maps, with 48-64 players and several map transitions. Some maps like Zavod seem to trigger it faster, others slower but in the end after 5 or more rounds it will be so bad that the CPU spikes and GPU underutilization will make your Crossfire setup seem like a budget card.

3. Turanis

Turanis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    These drivers are not so impressive.
    I made tests with 14.9 and 14.7.rc3 drivers in some bench games installed on my pc (Hitman Absolution,Sniper Elite v2,Sleeping Dogs,Mafia II,Gta IV).
    I have some games with no fps increase (Sniper v2,Mafia II,SleepDogs),and in Hitman i have -12fps (!!!).The games are tested on high settings and maxim fps are counted.

Actually no problems with these 14.9 drivers,but i will test more games(new one) soon. :)

Edit: many users have trouble with drivers or programs.maybe some know others maybe not.
    But if you dont uninstall with DDU and after that clean registry with Ccleaner or Tuneup regcleaner 2014 you do nothing.You will be amazed after run Tuneup Registry Cleaner and Tuneup Registry Defrag,the entire registry database will have 10-20% less Mb.So after this you will have much better windows. ;)

And imho the best drivers are beta drivers.13.12,14.4 Whql are not. :D

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  4. caleb59

caleb59 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X 8GB
    Sapphire HD 7850 OC here - watched some .avi's, .mp4's and internet streamings like Twitch or Youtube, played Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Dark Souls 2, DayZ Standalone, Witcher 2 - so far no issues, temps are normal too...

Try and use DDU then install 14.9 WHQL...

5. Suicidal360Flip

Suicidal360Flip New Member

GPU:
    MSI 290X Lightning
    I previously had 13.12 installed, just the driver which I installed through Device Manager. I ran DDU to uninstall and installed the full software package of 14.9.

The problem I am having is that Catalyst software refuses to open, When I select it in the context menu my explorer.exe stops responding for like 5 secs and goes back to normal. CCC.exe never opens. Tried from start menu as well. No luck.

6. Turanis

Turanis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    The CCC is set to run on startup? 'cause i have this issue when i disabled from startup and i try to run it,and yes no response.but after 2-3 try will do.
    open msconfig and see if is enabled in startup menu.
    and after that restart windows.

7. mux

mux Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I've been playing BF4 with Mantle and 1440P with the 14.7RC3 without any stuttering or lags for 2h. This tells me that it is not Dice's fault with the latest BF4 patch. 14.9 is no good for me - AMD: please fix Mantle!

8. Nwanko

Nwanko Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW 2151/5000
    Anyone with 7970 or 280x crossfire can recommend the best driver and .cfg file for BF4 mantle, because i'm slowly going to give up on this game. Very dissapointed. 1 year old game and the performance is really bad. Still fps droops,still shuttering,still cpu spiking...only in BF4. All other games work pretty great.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

9. HerrFornit

HerrFornit Active Member

GPU:
    Asus HD7790-DC2OC-2GD5
    Just for variety - a solution (?)
    Uninstall 14.9 (DDU)
    FIRST manually reinstalled AMD HDMI driver (via device manager)
    SECOND installed manually display driver 14.9
    No CCC of course.

First Test: could start and play old game tribes 2 online, which even didn't start and has crashed with code 141 before!

10. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    I have found a possible cause. you are probably installing on another driver than C and DDU didnt support it quite well. I will fix it in the next minutes.

So yes, its DDU fault :bang:

11. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    Pretty much the sh***** driver to ever be release ,its like AMD wants older generation to have lower performance with these drivers pushing us to upgrade.

12. HerrFornit

HerrFornit Active Member

GPU:
    Asus HD7790-DC2OC-2GD5
    Sorry, HD audio driver, not HDMI driver

13. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    If you're running 8GB mantle might still have some issues.. so I would hold my horses if I were you.

Does it work well on DX11? If it does then it's fine.

What exactly is wrong lol.

14. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    Everything is wrong with these corporate scums. Still no crossfire profile for Watch dogs, DR3, shadow of mordor list goes on and on. I warn all of u good folks out there to never ever go multi-gpu.

15. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Updated DDU to fix some CCC start issues.

-Update: (13.3.0.3) Fixed CCC startup if previously installed on a different default path.

16. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Works fine here, same cards.

17. yanzy16

yanzy16 New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 6550D with HD 6670

18. Ironjer

Ironjer Active Member

GPU:
    2x AMD 295X2 CrossfireX
    Look i just use this command gametime.maxvariablefps 60 the game run smooth. the vsync with multi gpu is really bad. this command should fix the stuttering. Use DX11 mantle no working good right now.

19. iamsiv

iamsiv New Member

GPU:
    2GB Radeon 6770M
    Will it support ATI Radeon 6770M (Switchable)

This driver only supports desktops?

if not,Would like to clarify a doubt...

I have an HP laptop with ATI Radeon 6770M/Intel switchable gfx. Does this driver support my config? Changelog didn't help me much.:bang:

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    These drivers are great.

Space Engineers runs awesome with them, and BF4 runs very good... Mantle BF4.