AMD Catalyst 14.9 WHQL (14.301.1001.0 September 15)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Sep 29, 2014.

1. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    These run well for me in BF4, no problems in anything else so far.

My settings, I get 60-90 most of the time

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  2. mrrulez911

mrrulez911 Active Member

GPU:
    GBT 1080Ti XtremeEd
    edit

Best drivers ever imo. I've got the settings below and it's run with 120-140 frames per second.

3840x2160, MSAA off, AA Post Pro off, HBAO on, all other settings ULTRA, Motion Blur 0%. When I turn on MSAA and AA Post Pro I get like 70-80 fps.

I use 2 GBT WF 290X cards. And for now I only tested with DX11, when I've tested Mantle I'll post the results here.

3. Octopuss

Octopuss Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    My monitor still takes AGES to wake up from sleep with this driver. Does anyone else have the same problem? I was thinking it might be related to the card (I have Asus R9 290) itself (as in a hardware problem maybe), but I can't really tell.

4. Mendior

Mendior New Member

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    I'm unhappy with this driver AMD Catalyst 14.9 WHQL . World of warcraft not working at all !Going back 14.7-rc3

5. olymind1

olymind1 Member

GPU:
    Asus R7 265 2 GB
    It is.
    No change.
    No, but it effects mostly GCN cards, with hd5xxx cards there seems to be no problem, and no one wrote in the thread with nv card.

Tried all whql driver from 13.12. No change.

6. dinostaRR

dinostaRR New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire hd7870 2g oc
    Hey there!

I just installed this new driver, but I've got 7.12.0.7719 audio driver, but if I look others screenshots, they've got 9.x.x..how?

7. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Try manually updating the driver.

8. Seren

Seren Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    EDIT: Nvm, can't test it now.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Got a first bsod. Some one said it's CPU related (again) so i dont wanna deal with those things i'll go back to 14.7 where everything is fine.

10. crz

crz Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    I tired BF4 with this driver and Mantle was even worse than before, the memory leak triggered after 2 levels, Paracel Storm was unplayable. I had to switch to DX11 and while it wasn't as smooth as Mantle is when it is working properly, at least it was way better, without the huge CPU spikes.

11. Ironjer

Ironjer Active Member

GPU:
    2x AMD 295X2 CrossfireX
    i got better fps stability with DX11 7950 Boost Crossfire in Mantle when explode things fps has huge drop. DX11 run very well at 60fps locked.

12. foxX

foxX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Vega 56 AB OC
    Speaking of the warning during driver installation. Ever since I switched to Radeon 290 (previous 6950) on Windows 8 I'm getting it on driver update. Beforehand, the screen would just turn black and return with the new driver loaded. After getting the 290, I always have to reboot the computer when updating the driver and go to C:\AMD and relaunch the appropriate setup.exe.

As for updating the driver - ever since 2008 (4850) I stopped using any crapware uninstaller. Just installed on top. I average 30 days of uptime (until Windows Update) with everything from virtual machines, to multiple 3D apps, video editors, rendering stuff, etc - so really cba with anything uninstall related.

13. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Hey guys,
    I just released an update that should fix in most case the warning message when installing the CAT drivers after after using DDU.

If its not fixed for you, please let me know directly by PM so I can fix it.

14. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    Seem like good drivers so far aside from the Lost Alpha dx9 crossfire flickering. Every other dx9 game I've tried seems fine.

15. Nurmi

Nurmi Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X
    Because of the Orcs and the BF4 patch, this is actually the first time for me when I can actually test my second R9 290, and its been just dusting there the past months. I get now with Mantle at the Test Range around 180-200fps, 150fps dips on explosions, Caspian Border 90-110fps. Now if everyone could learn to use the squad orders.. it'd be nice.

One button to rule them all, One button to find them,
    One button to bring them all and in the Conquest Large bind them~

16. Nemphist

Nemphist New Member

GPU:
    gigabyte amd HD 7850 OC
    anyone with a gigabyte amd HD 7850 OC have instaled the driver patch? The latest ones, over 13.2 were giving me problems ...

17. funkdat

funkdat New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 290X OC
    I get a dxkrnl.sys BSOD everytime I wake from sleep with this driver. It was fine with 14.4. Going to try a few reinstalls of the driver later tonight, but just wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue.

18. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    It's been a year now and mantle still doesn't work. I know it's in beta but come on AMD. Mantle can suck my harry D..... LOL

19. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Works fine for me.

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    How's your monitor sleep bug with these ?