AMD Catalyst 14.9.1 BETA (14.301.1004.0 October 4)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. maxstep

maxstep Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI 2x 980Ti AMP! Extreme
    Woah, fonts in 3d games are absolutely screwed up. What gives AMD?

2. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    Very sweet, just installed my new MSI R9 280X and played Cliffs of Dover, man I was seeing fps from 70's to 100's, never seen that before with my ol 7850, very cool, and these drivers are working great. :D

3. cristian.a

cristian.a Active Member

GPU:
    RX580 8GB

you have to change "amdmantle64.dll" to "amdmantle64.old" in the directory: C: > Windows > System32. And problem solved

4. grizzlyhoges

grizzlyhoges Member

GPU:
    GA HD7990
    I had big problems with the 14.9 drivers. I knew something wasn't right when it didnt ask me to reboot after installation.

Any game that I loaded completed froze my PC. It turned out the errors were the old Atikdmag.sys. ( yes yes, manually extract copy back yadda yadda)

During my problem solving I discovered that the drivers actually worked fine in Window mode. As soon as I went full screen it would freeze. I couldnt even run dxdiag either.

I even updgraded to Windows 8.1 but the problem didn't go away, although i was able to run dxdiag. Have since been running the 14.7's.

Hopefully after I install this beta tonight everything is ok.

Restore point peoples!! :D

My system was a GA HD 7990 and a GA Sniper 2. Kind of old tech but it still pushes teh pixels.

Oh just read this

Users of dual AMD Radeon™ HD 7990 in AMD Crossfire™ mode should completely uninstall older versions of Catalyst™ drivers from "Add/Remove Programs" in Windows Control Panel before installing the AMD Catalyst™ 14.9.1 Beta. If users of this graphics configuration are still having issues after taking these steps when installing the AMD Catalyst™ 14.9.1 Beta please use the AMD Catalyst™ 14.7 drivers .

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014

5. cowman

cowman Guest

Yeah instead of using ALT+TAB, hit ALT+ENTER to go to windowed mode and then do what you need to do and then click the game and hit ALT+ENTER again to return to full screen.

6. Nymphie

Nymphie Member

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290 DCU2
    Did you even read? It's off center and the colors are ****ed up, nothing can be done by scaling options. It's a bug introduced in every driver after 14.4

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  7. mrrulez911

mrrulez911 Active Member

GPU:
    GBT 1080Ti XtremeEd
    WHQL 14.9 brought me the shutdown when in a game like bf4. After that I updated tot Beta 14.9.1 and now I've the problem that when I play bf4 for a while I get this error: [​IMG]

8. Disoprivan

Disoprivan New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 295X2
    Hello User,
    here my first post !

Texture flickering in BF4
    ( Example OP Locker and in all areas where snow is on the map is)

HD 7990

-Crossfire-, AMD or Dice - Problem ?

All Driver from 14.4 - 14.9.1

Please watch my phone-video:

youtube.com/watch?v=D5Pbs6Tp7mo&feature=youtu.be

9. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rx580 Pulse 8Gb
    same problem....................................... 7790 and 260x.
    directx fuction getdevice removed.
    both in bf4 and cod ghosts.

10. bobrix

bobrix Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 970@1542/8000
    Installed and force Vsync stopped working not even radeonpro can do anything, so these and 14.9WHQL are pure crap of a drivers.

11. Ironjer

Ironjer Active Member

GPU:
    2x AMD 295X2 CrossfireX
    same problem over here with CF 7950

12. Lagahan

Lagahan Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    Started getting STOP 0x0000002c BSODs this morning on 14.9, the system would refuse to boot without BSODing immediately. Have installed 14.9.1 now and I'm getting a weird banding corrupted glitch mess across the screen. AMD's drivers lately :puke2:

13. Trino D

Trino D Member

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 Ti
    Late again with all the crossfire profiles for the newer games whats the point in crossfire if we have to wait months for drivers -.- what ever happened to the CAP's they used to put up, never going crossfire again :bang:

Also ULPS is still broken with these drivers my system hangs on reboot if I don't disable it.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Is anyone else getting a massive memory leak with these drivers ?

Just had 96% of 12GB RAM in use playing AI, eventually the machine bugged out, game crashed, lost eyefinity, all 3 displays ended up in 1024x768 and then I had no choice but to reboot, everything started not responding

Only just updated to these drivers like 30 mins before

15. tiganho

tiganho Member

GPU:
    HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 256BITS
    finally a driver that provides, at least this keeps the fps, others I play five minutes and the fps drop from 60fps to 30 ~ 40fps, my plate is much warmer, 70 ° C was 85 ° C for a few before had tried to everything modified driver, the one of endurofix, but now just installed over okay: D

16. Disoprivan

Disoprivan New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 295X2
    Here the same with displayport link failure:

extreme.pcgameshardware.de/attachments/577142d1346251938-displayport-link-verknuepfungsfehler-zero-core-power-fehler.jpg

17. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    Radeon 7000 series Mantle Improvements?

I have not checked every driver version but I think non of them have mentioned mantle improvements for the Radeon 7900 GCN 1.0 series as promised in release notes.

I seen in 14.9 they now have 8000 series mobile now compatible with mantle.
    I have not upgraded drivers in a while... just throwing the question out there?
    Have they improved mantle for 7900 series?

18. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    There have been no promises made for GCN 1.0 mantle optimization other than "Before Release"

That having been said, many people are getting great results with GCN 1.0 cards.

Others, not so much.

7950/7970 from what ive seen shouldnt have any issues.

Pitcairn on the other hand is a mess.

lol

19. MacT

MacT Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    Like The Mac said : Even though there has been no direct mention of 'optimisations' for GCN1, doesn't mean there has not been improvements within Mantle that has benefited the GCN1s. Mantle has had updates regularly included within the Catalyst packages.

I only have the one Mantle compatible title (BF4). I had great performance with my cards (2 x HD 7970) since February in BF4 Mantle. That is until the 8th July BF4 patch - massive memory leak introduced for crossfired Mantle. Is like ram (system ram AND vram) is not released between maps. And still not fixed! So atm if you have a crossfire system and want to play BF4, you can either run Mantle on just a single card or you can crossfire with DX11.:bang:

20. Lagahan

Lagahan Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    Update from earlier, the weird graphics artifacts on boot are gone now but I went to restart just there now and had to reboot 3 times because I got BSOD 1000007e with atikmdag.sys every boot. Gonna have to roll back to 14.7 tomorrow. Haven't even tried any games today.