AMD Catalyst 14.9.1 BETA (14.301.1004.0 October 4)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    Very odd. I don't play BF4, but my buddy plays A LOT. He has a 7870 and has never encountered an issue (he uses DX11 to avoid the VRAM leak with mantle which will cause him issues after a few rounds). Strange that a video card would cause system memory usage to spike like that.

With all the BF4 issues I am glad I stuck with BF3 and never picked it up.

2. caleb59

caleb59 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X 8GB
    Alien Isolation works good with those drivers, I didn't noticed any issues so far (movies ok, temps ok, games ok)...

3. Ironjer

Ironjer Active Member

GPU:
    2x AMD 295X2 CrossfireX
    I'm running the cards in EFI Mode. Maybe it's the problem. EFI Mode is a Little unstable.

4. crz

crz Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    The system hang on shutdown/restart and on 3D application start is fixed. I no longer have to disable ULPS now, second card enter standby properly on idle and the first card on monitor sleep.

5. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    No one with Windows 8.1 and problems with the CCC? I still have an error on startup and when I try to launch it. Same with Catalyst 14.9. Diseappear with Catalst 14.7.

6. caleb59

caleb59 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X 8GB
    Windows 8.1 x64 here - no issues with CCC, at 14.9 WHQL also no issues - I guess that I'm a lucky bastard! :nerd:

7. Bose321

Bose321 Member

GPU:
    HD6950 w. AC III heatsink
    A video card obviously does not cause this. It's just AMD not being able to write proper drivers. They don't seem to care though, so I wouldn't hold my breath that it would ever be fixed.

8. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Ah; yeah makes sense AMD would be to blame since EA/DICE are top-notch developers :p

If it happens in Thief and Star Swarm, then I'd agree with AMD being to blame. Based on past experiences though, BF4 was the only Mantle game to have issues; issues that EA/DICE ended up fixing.

9. vavyn

vavyn Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    For me I had memory leak when I am still using windows 8.1.. After formatting to windows 7 no more memory leak.

10. CCoR-

CCoR- Active Member

GPU:
    AMD ASUS Strix RX580 8GB
    Light-boost still works but the application that was used before doesn't load up anymore. Install file still activates lightboost upon reboot. New way for toggling brightness is using up/down brightness buttons on screen. Not sure if this was like this before or if its something that was added as a result of the program not working lol Personally I like this better..

11. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    ccc unable to open. FC again on every beta version. how come???

12. Vortex

Vortex Member

GPU:
    970 Gaming
    These drivers sorted out the very low drops in FPS I was getting in Shadow of Mordor and it looks like FPS has improved slightly... Only 1 issue... If I Alt+Tab out of the game I come back to a black screen.. Alt+F4 is my only solution. Anyone else having this problem ?

13. Dazza08

Dazza08 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870 XT 2GB
    Try borderless instead of fullscreen.

14. DavidGX

DavidGX Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Fury X
    I had to disable ULPS with the 14.9's and these to get games to run without locking up my PC. I thought my graphics cards had **** themselves at first.

(Yes, I did do a full removal of the previous drivers with Display Driver Uninstall, it didn't help. Still had to disable ULPS.)

15. Elite3540

Elite3540 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC

16. Vortex

Vortex Member

GPU:
    970 Gaming
    Funny thing looks like the problem has fixed it self after a reboot...weird. Like the driver tho!

17. reeven

reeven Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 750/1450/3000
    I notice an memleak but not on this driver, maybe this is what is talking about here, on 13.12 and 14.4, not newer and SINGLE card.
    After driver install and catalyst, pc memory usage bump with 1gb or so, instead of 2gb i have 3gb ram usage.
    And some bluescreens with atidag when playing /having opened 20-30 flash p rn videos.

in rest ATI rullez ,its awsome.

18. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    On those drivers my screen can't wake up after idle.
    The 14.7RC and 14.9 was great, and this not.
    Revert back to 14.9 as they work good, and have all the same stuff as those.

19. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    When that happens, open the Task Manager and minimize the game. And then when you show it again it's good.

20. xsonwong

xsonwong Member

GPU:
    AMD Raedon 7790
    The 14.9.1 BETA works better for me.
    At least the no response during browsing gone.