AMD Catalyst 14.8 WHQL (14.201.1008 August 12)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by HerrFornit, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Raqia

Raqia New Member

GPU:
    nVidia / 6800 Go / 256 Mb
    Driver 14.8 WHQL BSODs with Chrome 64bit when loading pages with Vines. I'm using a 7950 on a TZ68A+.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  2. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    Guys, I can't install AMD Catalyst Control Center on fresh Windows 8.1 x64, I get at boot always the same error, CCC cannot works:
    It's google-translated.
    Can you help me?

** solved **

This drivers package broke my CCC...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  3. djvelho

djvelho Guest

GPU:
    Club Radeon R9 270x 2gb
    got this wierd problem.
    i turn off my monitors and come back in a hour.turn them back on and there´s no singnal coming on monitors. only reboot fix and then the monitors will turn on...
    i propably have to go back on old drivers :)

4. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    I had this problem with the current 14.4 drivers. Disabling ULPS fixed it for me.

5. yanzy16

yanzy16 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6550D with HD 6670
    Hi I recently updated the drivers to 14.8 and now the Dual Graphics is not working and there is no option to enable it. But on the 14.4 drivers, Dual Graphic is working.

I have an APU A8-3870k and a graphics card AMD Radeon HD 6670, motherboard ASRock a55m-hvs with 8Gb of RAM running on windows 8.1 x64.

Am I the only one having this issue with the new 14.8 drivers? Has anyone able to fix this with the new 14.8 drivers? tnx

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    May still be working on the desktop drivers. :)

7. djvelho

djvelho Guest

GPU:
    Club Radeon R9 270x 2gb
    still having same problem. one monitor is off other is on... only have one gpu card

8. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD6750M OC 775 950
    you aren't the only one every one with the first gen APU + HD 6000 series lost the dual graphics option this problem started with drivers above 14.4(14.6,14
    7,14.8)

9. yanzy16

yanzy16 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6550D with HD 6670
    So AMD hasn't resolved it yet? is there a fix or tweaks that you guys discovered for this?

10. testooo

testooo Guest

GPU:
    HD5650 / OC
    ok I installed these on win 8.1 pro 64bit - HD mobility 5650 (non switchable). dell laptop, and I like them I played BF4 few fps drops also the card runs a bit hotter than before but much better than 13.12 or 14.4 in terms of performance.

my question is if these drivers WHQL and for desktop, how on earth I can install them on my laptop it should be some incompatibility issue ?

I will assume that the final release 14.8 for mobility cards it would be the same of the one I installed ?

may be I am getting confused here someone can elaborate plz ?

cheers

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014

11. MacT

MacT Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    Go to very first post. Where it says Supported Cards: , click on the 'Click to show spoiler'

Even though this driver has been posted at AMD under "AMD Catalyst™ Software for AMD Desktop APUs", this driver actually supports more than just APU's.

12. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    The Tab for switching is fixed with the next version of UnifL.

13. mlwrz

mlwrz Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6770m
    Don bradman cricket 14

I tried to play Don Bradman Cricket 14 on 14.8 and its lagging..cant play like this..game is very slow...in 14.4,it works perfectly!

14. Cybermax

Cybermax Guest

Tried to install these on my R9 270x, but was not compatible.

Guess thats why the driver was not listed on the GPU section of AMD (just why i asked).

Could probably have studied the .inf to figure out if my hardware ID was listed, but it was a couple of them in there, so i kinda was none the wiser on that :)

C

15. AmD6000

AmD6000 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 960
    Any changes that i do in "Display Color (Digital Flat-Panel)" will they apply as well in games?

16. Gaspare

Gaspare Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 8970m 4GB
    Does this driver have enduro fix? I have a 8970M + intel 4600 cards. I have installed a modded driver by mamhoud elfar, found in this forum, a few weeks ago, but now I have to reinstall the SO and so I'd like to use the latest stable driver possible...

17. psiboy

psiboy New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7870 LE Myst
    You do realise that Microsoft have already talked about ending support for Windows 8 by the end of this year so no security or bug fixes for your OS). So quite frankly it was about time you updated to 8.1 which is a free update and also changes the WDDM (Driver Model) so why should AMD invest in drivers for an OS with no support because your too lazy to upgrade...

18. psiboy

psiboy New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7870 LE Myst
    support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

where they state clearly " Starting with AMD Catalyst™ 14.6 Beta, AMD will no longer support Windows 8.0 (and the WDDM 1.2 driver)

Windows 8.0 users should upgrade (for free) to Windows 8.1 to take advantage of the new features found in the AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC3 driver

AMD Catalyst 14.4 will remain available for users who wish to remain on Windows 8

A future AMD Catalyst release will allow for the WDDM 1.1 (Windows 7 driver) to be installed under Windows 8.0 for those users unable to upgrade to Windows 8.1

19. Wolfman90

Wolfman90 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7750 1GB GDDR5
    Just installed Catalyst 14.8 WHQL
    No problems

Motherboard: Asus M4A88T-M/Usb3
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x2 560 Black Edition
    Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5

20. soreguy

soreguy Guest

GPU:
    amd radeon HD6450
    windows 8.0?

I'm currently running windows 8.0. I didn't update to windows 8.1 and I notice that it says this driver is compatible with windows 7 and 8.1.........question is will it still work with 8.0 or will I screw everything up if I try to do that? Sorry I am a noob. Thanks in advance.