Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by HerrFornit, Aug 29, 2014.
Some users are getting BSOD's while playing video files, does the new drivers address the problem?
If it's youtube videos and hardware acceleration is enabled, no.
Only way to cure that is disabling hardware acceleration in flash player
Amusingly, even though almost everyone suffers from this, when I told an AMD rep that this has been a problem for many many many driver releases, his reply was "We can not replicate that internally"
Yea yea yea AMD, you mean you can not fix that internally, there is a HUGE difference
Given the cost of WHQL certification, it wouldn't make any sense for AMD to go through the hassle and not post the driver on their own site.
I can't even reproduce this...
I've seen it happen with one driver release, and it was some RC or beta driver back in 14.6, and only on my 7850 desktop (laptop was fine). Drivers before and after that however were fine on both of my computers.
I use both HW accelerated flash and HTML5 video in Chrome, and even played some videos in both VLC and MPC-HC.
Maybe the issue is with Adobe's flash player in other browsers?
It is on the AMD site, they put it up on the same day it was put up on here, the 29th of August.
Ive heard people say it happens with Chrome, but mainly FF
It doesn't happen every video, maybe every 5 or so, completely cured by disabling HW/A
Read back over a few driver threads, there are a massive number of people with the same problem
I run only Firefox. Running the latest Nightly x64. Never had a BSOD with flash.
It doesnt happen very often. i get one in 1 or 2 weeks.
The problem isnt only flash videos, HTML5 player is affected too. Also mpc-hc can cause a bsod with hwacceleration. So you cant just disable flash acceleration , you gotta disable it for every player installed.
But then video quality drops in some videos.
Yea it doesn't seem to happen to everyone, there is like 10% of AMD GPU owners who can use HW/A from all the posts Ive read here, the other 90% have to disable it, myself included
I use QS for video decoding in mpc-hc, runs better, quieter.
But still, even with DXVA GPU acceleration, watched many things and never once had a BSOD, ever. Had this system nearing 2 years now. ULPS is enabled.
I don't get any BSODs in anything other than flash player, I can use any setting in players like MPC/VLC etc without problems
Maybe it's OS related. I only ever use Windows 8 x64. Which do you run? There has to be something connecting all the users with BSOD issues.
I even have overclocked RAM and a slightly undervolted CPU. GPU is undervolted too.
I run 8.1 x64 atm, but have had it happen with Win 7 too, x64 also
Happened throughout different GPUs too, from 6850 > 7870 > 290
Multiple drivers, Multiple flashplayer versions, the only constant between them is HW/A
Even happened throughout completely different machines
No problems here on both Chrome and Firefox... Also, Nightly, Waterfox and Chrome X64 run flawlesly!
lol, ok we need a poll to see exactly the % of people affected by this, Im surprised at the responses of people saying it does not happen to them after the months and years of reading people saying it does
People without issues rarely speak up. It's those that suffer that stand out the most. Happens with most things.
Very true, I made a poll anyway, appreciate it if you'd vote
Also some users report that the latest beta drivers solved the problem.
Latest Beta drivers crash my machine without flash player lol
I voted in your poll. Do you run Lucid MVP?