AMD Catalyst 14.8 WHQL (14.201.1008 August 12)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by HerrFornit, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Scoica

Scoica Active Member

GPU:
    rx 580 xxx
    probably till launch of 285x and that should be somewhere in middle of september

2. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    Gonna try these tomorrow but it seems like it's gonna BSOD again, started since 14.7betas. Also seems like it's HW related because my browser is open 24/7. Unfortunately turning off flash HW accel is not an option for me. Here's how a 720p video on youtube looks like without HW accel in Flash:
    http://i.imgur.com/tIdjAgl.jpg
    Everything is pixelated and it also affects video quality, notice the text on the ATM display, also pixelated.
    Here's how it looks with HW accel ON:
    http://i.imgur.com/04S0V14.jpg

Is this how it's supposed to look without HWaccel?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  3. Naxxy

Naxxy New Member

GPU:
    Sapphyre 290X Tri-X@1200
    From what i read so far i think ill stick to 14.6 for now

4. Octopuss

Octopuss Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    I thought that was yesterday.

5. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    it was

6. Scoica

Scoica Active Member

GPU:
    rx 580 xxx
    285x not 285

[​IMG]

7. Octopuss

Octopuss Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    That's basically th same card, no? Well, same architecture. I'd guess both of them need drivers.

8. Martin.v.r

Martin.v.r Active Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1200/1500
    Extraordinary thank
    it seems to be the solution to my blue screen

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Good good :)

10. Cor9012

Cor9012 Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970 GHZ Edition
    Hi I've installed these drivers but have some sort of weird bug when trying to get the pc back out of sleep mode.

One screen will come on but the other two stay black. If I bring up the taskmanger from the ol ctrl+alt+del method my main screen then comes back on but the other two are now showing a black screen.

To get them working again I just enable eyeinfinity mode to get them all on then disable it again to leave them in extended mode instead.

Has anyone experienced this issue before?

11. angmar

angmar Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Founders
    I don't know about performance wise but these drivers have finally fixed issues I have been having with my R9 290X as far as power features go. Clock would sometimes freeze at 1040mhz and only a full shutdown would fix it. Even when the card was idling it would rarely go below 450mhz and the memory would always be running full speed now gpu idles at around 300mhz and very low voltage and memory actually down clocks to 150mhz instead of being stuck at 1500 so the card runs WAY coolerand uses a lot less power now in idle. Finally a driver that actually has some viable progress.

12. tiganho

tiganho Member

GPU:
    HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 256BITS
    Most games, BF4, BF3, Crysis 3, I get only a black screen with this driver, and because this driver is not on the AMD site?

13. brassoo

brassoo Member Guru

GPU:
    9800 sli
  14. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

15. Osjur

Osjur Member

GPU:
    Radeon Fury X
    I had exactly the same problem when I tried these drivers. Only one sidescreen decided to come online after sleep and if I pressed ctrl-alt-del, my main came online but side screens stayed "dead".

That's why I went back to 14.7RC3

16. Rivers23

Rivers23 Member

GPU:
    amd 7670m
    To tell you the truth, these are the best drivers for my card in a very very long while, I've had this card for 2 years and I don't remember a driver that had this kind of noticeable improvement in all games, not just in terms of FPS but in load times too.

17. Seth-01

Seth-01 Active Member

GPU:
    VTX3D R9 290 947/1250
    Tried this drivers with a crossfire of 7970. Very bad performances in BF4 in DX11 mode. Mantle mode still unusable since last patch of BF4 with a memory size error (not enough memory)

Back to 14.7 RC3 and DX11 mode better

18. Osjur

Osjur Member

GPU:
    Radeon Fury X
    What is this bug? I'm playing on Ultra + Adaptive MSAA @ 4960x1600p with Mantle on my 290X CF.
    AB VRAM usage does say that every Bit I have is being used: 4GB dedicated, 7.9GB combined when counting Shared System Memory for vga's.
    It's completely fluid with no fps drops at all. Ram usage is over 12Gb... good thing I decided to have 16GB when I built this rig.

19. Seth-01

Seth-01 Active Member

GPU:
    VTX3D R9 290 947/1250
    the CF is with 2 HD7970 and since the last update, Mantle crash in 5/10 minutes with a "not enough memory" error. The PC have 8 Gb of RAM.

20. Cybermax

Cybermax Guest

So.. driver was released 12/8, and put here 29/8.. And still not up on the AMD site?

Why would that happen? Almost a month since the driver was "released", and still not out for the public? AMD tactics in play, or what?

C