AMD Catalyst 14.6 Beta v1.0 (14.200.0 May 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by spectatorx, May 27, 2014.

1. Druuge

Druuge Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I keep getting BSODs from the Netflix Windows 8 app. It always happens when a show ends and it queues up the next one - every single time. The only thing the blue screen says is:
    VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

So, I've checked the dump files with a couple of programs and here are the following (I've snipped what I think is the only relevant information):
    per "bluescreenview.exe"

[​IMG]

and this is per the Microsoft Debugging Tool (WinDbg):

[​IMG]

I'm currently on the 14.6 betas but, come to think of it, it started happening before these. Now, it's not a huge burden since I can ONLY reproduce it under those circumstances with Netflix but I've noticed others complaining about BSODs and figured I would post this information in case it helps anyone figure anything out. If there's any suggestions, I'm all ears -- also if anyone having problems would like any more info, just ask.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  2. asskicker2

asskicker2 Member Guru

GPU:
    b
    I started having screen sleeps of deaths with these drivers. Sometimes I just can't wake up my screen any more, it happens mostly randomly.

Any ideas?

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Enabling GPU scaling seems to help for me.

4. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    Have you tried running the latest DDU, cleaning everything, and reinstalling the driver?

dxgmms1.sys isn't AMD's, it's Microsoft's DirectX. I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling DirectX:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113

It could also be a conflict with your BIOS. Are you on the latest BIOS for your motherboard? Are you using AHCI? It could be a secondary conflict with that. Update to latest BIOS and make sure AHCI is properly set/configured.

Are you overclocking your GPU? Try backing that down a bit and seeing if it still BSODS.

5. Druuge

Druuge Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The answer to everything you asked is, "yes". However I'm not overclocking my GPU -- rather I did OC my CPU and it's been like that forever. For good measure I'm going to reinstall directx (again). FWIW i filled out a pretty in-depth bug report on AMDs site, so we'll see if that gets any legs. I'm fairly certain that if it's not the drivers fault, they're at least conflicting with *something* been happening since the 14.4 I think.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  6. mux

mux Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I've been playing a few BF4 rounds with Mantel and the latest "High Frequency Network" patch. It appears that DICE have also improved GFX lag / stutter situation for single GCN1 cards. At least for me :D

7. i5750

i5750 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    Same Artifact issues just like in 14.6 beta in Mafia 2 and a few other DX9 titles, Reinstalling 14.4 solves the problem, So apparently AMD is going back to the code that causes artifacts just to make the crappy game watch dogs run a little better,
    I would post a photo but for some reason this site is gay about having to have so many posts just to link to anything.

8. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I've been doing some hard tests on this lately

I had become an active streamer for a while now, but somewhere around 14.2 I am getting lots of hardware corruption, the thing is, I go back farther than 14.2 I don't get that issue

From my research it appears that 14.2 and beyond they have glitched something in how the memory talks to the PC, as with my testing, before 14.2 I can watch videos in STEAM browser without my screen turning into garbled mess, I can turn on my capture card without my screen turning into a garbled mess etc etc

Now, this only happens if I overclock the ram, if I stick to default clocks, I do not have these issues, but if I have my ram overclocked and try to turn on my capture card, monitor glitches out like mad, and again, this has only been a problem past 14.2 drivers

9. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    sounds like classic OC memory errors to me.

fps gains from memory OC are marginal at best anyway, i dont know why anyone even bothers.

10. Valagard

Valagard Guest

*makes impatient tapping fingers on desk motion*

So........yeah we getting new drivers or what AMD?

11. Ltmatt

Ltmatt Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS Ice-Q 7950 Crossfire
    That's what i was wondering. It has to be soon, two new Mantle games launch at the end of this month.

12. Gizmo

Gizmo Member Guru

GPU:
    If that's the case then id expect no word or driver updates from AMD and an announcement on those games release date that mantle support didn't quite make it & will be added at a later (unconfirmed) date...after all i really doubt AMD/ATI would choose this month to break with tradition ;)

13. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    I've been actually getting some HDMI monitor screen goes nuts and lines too, but I always was able to fix it by just replugging the HDMI cable and its fine.

14. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    are all 7970 plagued with bad HDMI. on mine hdmi doesnt even work DOA. atleast i have no issues with dvi.

15. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Not even so much that, its the boat load of reports of people having problems with DX9 games

16. Valagard

Valagard Guest

That's just because you reset the output and it turned the HDMI socket off and on when you unplugged and plugged it back in

I can do the same thing with my DVI-D monitor when it goes insane, still shows its a driver problem somewhere

17. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    My XFX 7970 Ghz Edition HDMI works great for video. I have an ASUS PA248Q monitor plugged into it. Never tried audio off of it though because my monitor does not have built-in speakers.

It's not my primary monitor though, I'm running Eyefinity and the mini-displayport connected monitors are my primary.

18. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    I've got a lots of BSOD during flash playing with this driver.
    Revert back to 14.4 WHQL I don't have problems anymore.
    Has anyone had the same problems as me?

19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Possibly a bad Fence ID going by the dbg screenshot and your description.

Fence ID's are needed by DX when buffering video memory or shifting it from one place to another, so it makes sense.

Might wanna look at your video player.....

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  20. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Got a new motherboard (Fatal1ty H97 Killer); totally different architecture and everything, same GPU; still get the sleep bug occasionally, either with 3 monitors or 1.

So it's either the monitor, GPU, or driver.