AMD Catalyst 14.4 RC1 (14.100.0.0 April 15)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Apr 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Yes, Single Player. Also on the test range "which is a tiny little island".

Under Mantle it would fill up the video cards ram and then start to stutter.

--

I am not sure about Thief.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  2. BaNsHiE

BaNsHiE Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire 7970 TriFire

When your 3 & 37 in the game, who cares what your graphics are set to. Turn them down and kill someone!

BaNsHiE

3. Ulvenkai

Ulvenkai New Member

GPU:
    AMD R9290X DCUII OC 4GB
    After making an arse out of myself and posting this in the wrong thread... Allow me to try that again...

Recently acquired an R9290X of the ASUS DirectCU II OC persuasion.

With the current "released" driver (13.12) it doesn't wake up when the monitor goes to sleep.

With the current beta driver (14.4 RC) I get a BSOD (error 0xa0000001) after some random period of time (usually a few hours).

So, beta driver 14.3 seems to be the only one that works without any hitches for me.

Anyone else experiencing this degree of frustration?

4. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1070FTW 8GB

I was having the same issue with any 14.x driver, and the solution came from updating the VGA BIOS. I suggest you try, my system is rock stable, and performance improved as well (specially in desktop and watching videos).

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just had a look to see what the massive spiking and dropping of the clocks is like in these (before locking the clocks with my low clocks profile in AB), and they aren't to bad compared to the 13.12s, spikes and drops are nowhere near as severe, and when just doing nothing, the clocks are rigid at 300/150, instead of constantly going up and down from 300-316 slowly, so looks like they've made an adjustment.

May leave my locked low clocks profile off in AB now for a bit then, see how it goes, as with the clock bouncing not being so severe now, i may not get my BSODs and restarts anymore on the desktop, just by opening and closing programs, so may not need that one anymore. :)

6. Ulvenkai

Ulvenkai New Member

GPU:
    AMD R9290X DCUII OC 4GB
    Thanks for the suggestion. I actually tried that before but it made no difference. However, I see that ASUS released a BIOS update yesterday (23-04-2014).

If you didn't mention it, I wouldn't have bothered looking. Thanks again :)

Here's hoping it helps.

/holds thumbs

7. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1070FTW 8GB
    Positive thinking man!!! It'll work!!! :)

8. jarrod357

jarrod357 Member

GPU:
    crossfire 6950 dirt 3 tf2
    Can anyone help me with dx9 issues. I am using crossfire 6950s. Whenever play games in dx9 mode the whole screen flashes constantly. Some times it has a band that runs up and down on the screen. When i turn i off crossfire it doesnt flash. I had re installed windows 8.1 and I'm using 14.4 rc1 drivers. I was using 13.12 whql and had the same issues. Dx11 mode works fine. Thanks to anyone that can help.

9. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 570 4GB
    Is anyone else experiencing mouse corruption issues with 14.4's? I experienced this issue a lot with Windows 7 and Catalyst drivers. It was pretty unavoidable at the time and I just dealt with it. But it went away with Windows 8/8.1, and its quite annoying seeing it return with this driver release. I'm quite content sticking with the 13.12's but am still curious of anyone else has experienced this in 8.1. Here's a vid to show the particular issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT7hozGA1cU

10. jonny30bass

jonny30bass Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 7970M 2GB
    I just got done playing BF4 with Mantle for the first time, because it is playable now with just lower textures. The performance was great, and I was using Ultra settings and just lowered textures to medium. I was getting around 10 more fps on average than DX11 on Ultra, but maybe that is just because I lowered the textures to medium. Either way, this is the first driver that has allowed me to use mantle stutter free. I was using mantle on an overclocked amd hd 7970m, which has an enduro-off vbios.

11. bucknuts21

bucknuts21 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX580 8GB
    Played a few games and no problems at all, and OpenGL 4.4 is up to 88% compliancy so I guess all is good for me at least.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Played one round on Haine Resort using Mantle with high settings for texture and all was good... it was smooth.

Then next round was Floodzone, all was good until it was getting close to the end of the round, then it stuttered a few times and then froze.

And then it did this.

I guess it's back to Medium setting for textures again until AMD optimize these cards xD

[​IMG]

*EDIT*

Playing now with Medium textures and had the exact same error.

I guess I'm going back to 14.3, those drivers did not have this crash.

[​IMG]

13. Alph4Dawg

Alph4Dawg Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC
    IDK.I'm getting BF4.exe has stopped working with Mantle enabled with latest BETA drivers, 14.2 BETA work fine tho.
    BF4 is unplayable with Direct3D enabled even I have 100+ FPS, stutters like hell.

14. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    Yeh last few weeks i cant play full server bf4 with mantle, game will just freeze in anywhere from 1-10mins with 'game has stopped working' or windows telling me its running low on memory please close bf4 (8gb ram) moments before it crashes. There is still some mantle memory leak happening, bf4.exe starts at 2.5gb and ive seen it get to 4.1gb before it crashed.

Suprisingly i can 'observe' a 64 player bf4 game for multiple matches in row, alt-tabbing in and out of fullscreen or cycling everyplayer as fast as possible etc.

Im not sure if it was jumping drivers from 14.1+ or when bf4 got patched around naval strike dlc that the issue started happening.

15. ACMPraetorian

ACMPraetorian Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC
    Alph4Dawg & KissSh0t

Are you clearing your mantle cache after updating drivers?

C:\Users\*your name*\Documents\Battlefield 4\Cache

Delete the mantle .dll's and then launch the game under mantle again

16. Odellot

Odellot Master Guru

GPU:
    2080TI SLI XG438Q
    Installed this On my other Rig with 270x after I've used DDU, then I have no Mantle Option on BF4.

Reverted to 14.4 leaked, The Mantle Option is back on BF4.

Anyone have this problem?

17. kd7

kd7 Member Guru

GPU:
    7970m
    I had the same problem when I used DDU last week.
    Did a system restore and then used the uninstall option that comes with the drivers after disabling antivirus. Restarted, disabled antivirus again and installed the drivers with no problems (win 8.1).

18. heroxoot

heroxoot Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I've tried 13.12, 14.2B13, 14.3, 14.4 RC (new april one) and only 14.2B13 has given me any hope for my new 290x. Getting 80 - 90fps solid on BF4 with Mantle. Its upsetting because I think I got more on my 7970 with mantle and its 1225/1700mhz OC. 14.4 is sluggish and I get 20fps less on Mantle, not to mention my benchmarks are lacking more. I tried the framepace command in BF4 also and no dice(pun).

On another note, low long till we can control fan speeds again? On pretty much all drivers that I have to use the default fan speeds I see 85c peak with my OC but on 13.12 with a nice curve I stay below 80c. I can't even change the fan speed to manual in CCC.

19. Alph4Dawg

Alph4Dawg Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC
    Huh, had no idea about this.
    I'll try it now and let you know if there are some improvements.

Thanks a bunch! :banana:

EDIT 1: Crashed immediately after.Let me try to start it for a second time.

EDIT 2: Nope.Game froze after 6 minutes in multiplayer, BF4.exe has stopped working.

This has to be memory leak and has to do something with DICE and their incapability of developing good patch.

I'm saying this as everything was fine with Mantle and I've goot nice FPS boost with release of 14.2 BETA 1.3 drivers...then DICE released a patch with Naval Strike DLC and since then I'm experiencing freezes and bf4.exe has stopped working crap.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  20. Basti_33

Basti_33 New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7600M Serie

Hello all, im new and this is my first post :rock:

my notebook run with switchable Graphics (Radeon HD 7670M + Intel 3000) on "MUXED Fixed Scheme" (modded BIOS) before i install this Driver. Now, when i will set it to "MUXED Fixed Scheme" "Always enable PEG" and restart...become BSOD with "atikmdag.sys" Error...
    I have tried everything in my might stand, the error does not go away. Uninstall with DDU/Driver Sweeper etc. Install 3-4 other drivers. Install "Leshcat" Driver. Nothing Help. The Switch between 7670M and Intel 3000 produced the same BSOD.

I need help...:cry: it brings me to despair:bang::(