AMD Catalyst 14.4(14.200.0.0) Mobility SG. modded Driver (Enduro/PowerXpress Fix)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LeeKM, Apr 17, 2014.

1. moh23301

moh23301 New Member

GPU:
    amd 8730m+intel 4000
    EGY plz add me or send msg on facebook
    wwwfacebookcom/mohammad.almydani

2. d00m

d00m New Member

GPU:
    hd8750m 2gb ddr3
    Hi , its mantle will work for lenovo g500h i7@2.1 intgraded : intel 4000 and dedicated radeon hd8750m 2gb ddr3 ? Cause i installed the driver and still no mantle support , but installation was good with no errors. It is possible to enable mantle at my specs ? Thanks and soryy for my eng. greets !

3. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Nope, it only works on Muxed laptop, which normally is a high end laptop.

4. 342157

342157 Member

GPU:
    7450M 1GB
    Hi,I wanted to ask I've got lenovo s400 non touch with i3-3217u 4gb and 7450m 1gb+Intel 4000 does this driver will work for me? What are the differences between yours and the official from AMD site? Also when I'm pressing on switch graphics card with the official one it's just shows me an ad.. Does your driver fix it? If so how can I install your driver? Thanks in advance :) (sorry if there's problems with my english)

5. Nezi

Nezi New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8750M
    Does it help with programs like Obs couse right now i cant choose my ati card just integrated Intel HD4000

6. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I don't think so, you should go asking OBS's dev first?

7. Sbramone

Sbramone New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 6770M
    Fixed mode switch

Leekm.....I have a 6770M + HD 3000 (HP DV6-6178sl with BIOS F1B with fixed fix)
    ....and now I'm using "other" "light" modded 14.4 drivers.....(and all "switches" work good, in dynamic & fixed mode)also "sleep mode"..I use v.2993 Intel driver(OEM or "Legacy")...

I understand that, with your 14.4 SG FIX (14.200) drivers package, in "dynamic" mode the switching SG feature works like others (processing based), right?

And in "FIXED" mode (phisically switch, manually) It doesn't work...right?

...So....in what consist your SG fix??

...I use only FIXED MODE..(and I use the switch with the battery...changing power source...)

...I understand right or not??
    ...It doesn't work only for PC like mine??

...Please explain me!!...

Thanks a lot

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  8. atoneapone

atoneapone Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon 6650M +6520g/ 1GB
    I don't think Leekm makes drivers and answer questions here any longer.
    -SGfix refers to the switchable graphics menu allowing to select high performance or power save graphics setting for each game or app.
    -But about Fixed mode graphics, this driver by Leekm does not work since it has display driver version 14.200.0.0.

If you need 14.4whql with SGfix and working Fixed mode and Dynamic mode, then try this one by mahmoud elfar>>http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=388630
    It has an older display driver version which should work well for you.

But all the new drivers(14.6,14.7,&14.8) do not have working Fixed mode.

9. SuppleTeet

SuppleTeet New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1.0GB
    Worked great, thanks!

Followed your instructions and all the switchable graphics and everything seems to be working way better than ever on my laptop. Thanks so much LeeKM! Thought I was stuck with outdated samsung drivers forever.

More info:
    • Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z5A-S03US
    • AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1gb
    • Intel Core i7 2675QM 2.20ghz
    • Win 7 pro

Steps:
    1. Uninstalled all graphics drivers,
    2. rebooted,
    3. installed latest Intel drivers through win7 auto-update,
    4. rebooted & disabled driver signature enforcement,
    5. installed modded drivers,
    6. rebooted, everything is magnificent.

10. SuppleTeet

SuppleTeet New Member

GPU:
    Actually, turns out that it's locking some applications to power saving mode, even though I'd like to turn them to high-performance, namely Chrome.

I can't find any information on how to unlock it, I only found this in the documentation.

Note: The default GPU selection for most applications is predetermined by the graphics driver. Applications with specific GPU requirements show a lock icon beside the application name and cannot be assigned a GPU; these applications always run on the same GPU regardless of global settings. Applications that have been changed from the default GPU setting by the user show a user icon beside the application name.

I used to be able to assign Chrome, but apparently I can't now? Any ideas?

11. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Change the name of Chrome.exe if you can. That should unlock it from AMDs "locked list".

12. SuppleTeet

SuppleTeet New Member

GPU:
    That totally works, thanks... but man that's so ass backwards. Why the hell would they do that? Seems like they just keep making terrible decisions with this switchable graphics thing.

13. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Several reasons:

Battery Saving.

DRM: you will notice that all media player applications are locked like that.

Profiles reason: to optimize an application or game / or something that might not be compatible with Dynamic

14. SuppleTeet

SuppleTeet New Member

GPU:
    None of those reasons feel valid enough to me to force certain applications to run slower than they could, but hey I don't work for AMD so what do I know?

15. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    This is only my perspective (what i have seen in the profiles.blb, related files) since I haven't worked for AMD either.
    Some believe that is a pure hardware limitation in terms of intel passthrough not allowing direct access/calls to the AMD renders. (OpenGl/cl , video decoding)

Have a look here:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-...xxx-series-owners-lounge-851.html#post9691062

16. SuppleTeet

SuppleTeet New Member

GPU:
    Ah yeah I'm not giving you a hard time. Just frustrated with what I've got to work with is all. Thanks for all the help.

17. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    I didn't think you were!

Personally I have an issue in getting my PowerDVD 3D 120Hz to work with dynamic mode.

Currently we are trying to mod an unlock for this driver behavior but chances are that Intel pass through simply won't support it.

18. RadianWear

RadianWear New Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 8970M
    I have a Radeon HD 8970M and the installer is hanging at detecting the graphics hardware, any ideas?

19. Kenshin13850

Kenshin13850 New Member

GPU:
    Radeon 6770M
    Hello! Just came here so that others might follow my driver trail and to express my thanks...

I have an HP dv6 6180us (very powerful and cheap laptop) that has a lovely Radeon HD 6770m in it that is an enormous pain to update in terms of drivers. The recent Dragon Age Inquisition launch has once again forced me to update my drivers to least version 13.12. The 13.xx and 14.xx drivers from AMD, WHQL, Leshcat, and UnifL (I believe I got all the abbreviations right) all had the same problem: the computer would not load the driver. Upon installing, it would promptly drop the HDMI connection and revert the built in monitor to the 800x600 resolution.

So that's the background for anyone else who made it this far. I am happy to say that LeekM's driver here worked perfectly for me and I can now launch Dragon's Age Inquisition.

So thank you LeekM for the wonderful driver! It has even fixed all (from what I can tell) of my Catalyst Control Center problems, so I am extra pleased! Great work! Thank you for being more knowledgeable about these things than I am.

Relevant install instructions in case someone needs them:

DDU (just google it if you need to find it, should bring you back to guru3D) uninstall of Intel (wasn't sure what ones I had) and AMD drivers.
    Reinstall OEM Intel drivers from the OEM AMD driver package (didn't bother with anything else in the package)
    Install LeekM's Drivers

20. Kaynabx

Kaynabx Member

GPU:
    HD7970M 2GDDR5
    Hello,
    Glad it worked out for you, my question is : can you run CoD AW ?
    Because I have a 7970M with an OC A10-5750M and it laggs so much ..