AMD Catalyst 14.4 (14.100.0.0 March 27)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by CPC_RedDawn, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
    Actually it would make sense, but knowing AMD I'm betting for tomorrow or even next Tuesday for the Catalyst 14.4 WHQL.

2. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    :roll:

Exactly as me...they better do an ASTONISHING work for the next drivers...otherwise I will seriously start to look for a new card...and not from AMD...

3. fasor

fasor Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GForce 750Ti 2Gb
  4. dampflokfreund

dampflokfreund Member Guru

GPU:
    8600/8700M Series
    Yeah I can feel with you. Next driver better be good with GCN 1.0 optimisations and laptop support for Mantle.... or my next laptop won't be AMD powered..

5. Makurth

Makurth Member

GPU:
    GALAX - GTX 970 EXOC
    Seems interesting these drivers.

Right now my PC is under mantaince, but as soos as I can, I'll test it and share my experience.

6. Ulvenkai

Ulvenkai New Member

GPU:
    AMD R9290X DCUII OC 4GB
    Argh... Ignore. Nutsticks. Wrong thread, sorry folks :(

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  7. Hmm

Hmm New Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5770
    A complete mess

This version did a really good number on my system. I have never really had any issue with the updates for this GPU until now.

My colors got wonky a bit. My display developed a pinkish tinge apparent on any white background. I noticed right away after the update was complete. No amount of fiddling could fix the color. All settings including monitor and windows were set to defaults.

I tired to install an older driver after uninstalling, that didn't work. I rebooted and then installed an older version. That' didn't work either. I still had the pinkish hue.

I downloaded the AMD driver cleaner and then reinstalled an older driver. That did the trick. My colors all returned to normal. What a pia this driver update was.

To make matters worse, AMDs website no longer has a pull down menu for my GPU like they did a few months ago. This GPU is no longer listed either. Their auto update doesn't work either, I get a parse error.