AMD Catalyst 14.4 (14.100.0.0 March 27)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by CPC_RedDawn, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I've heard that people with 6xxx hardware usually have this problem with drivers. May have to look into a modified driver.

My dual graphics 7660G + 7670M laptop has the switchable graphics menu.

2. nom4r

nom4r New Member

GPU:
    A question about the CCC, I would also post this in the radeonpro thread but I think that the question applies to both "programs".

In the "3d applications settings" tab, when I clicked in the "+ add" and selected the Skyrim exe, it showed a warning about overriding the default application settings, even though I didn't set any profile before.

So, even though I select some settings in the "System Settings" it will be overridden by the application profiles which AFAIK comes with the driver installation and I need to applies the settings to every exe's from the games I play?

Sorry for any english mistake.

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    "Default Profile" as in the one AMD put there.

4. syncore

syncore Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6990 4GB + XFX GTS250
    These are a no-go. I immediately blue screen any time I try to play an .avi file with these. This has never happened until now.

5. w0lfis

w0lfis Member

GPU:
    2x7970@1000/1500
    I've had a lot of 0xa0000001 bsods lately. Not a single one after i installed these drivers! :D

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea same, I got BSODs in all the previous 14.x drivers, but been running these since they leaked and everything has been spot on, no crashes or problems at all

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Still rocking the 13.12s here :D

8. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    You should give these a try, all round great drivers for me now, and bonus being able to play with Mantle now too

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  10. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    driver didn't work well on mine....got weird artifacts in bf4 and also in movies...had to go back to 14.3 which had no issues...so no good on xfx 7970

11. Hewitt

Hewitt Member

GPU:
    r7 260x
    well I hope it resolves my stuck core clock issue, mine is always locked on 2d clock

12. SetsunaFZero

SetsunaFZero Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 980Ti 6G
    same here, looks like Crossfire is broken in these Drivers :((((
    I already trays re-installing but without any luck

13. xliquidx

xliquidx New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    This fixed the power limit for me, but still black screening on prolonged idle/resume from sleep. Think my card is stuffed. RMA time.

14. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I believe the non-waking bug is only specific to certain hardware, and only on Windows. RMA'ing the card for a different vendor's card "may" yield different results though, but then again, I don't really understand what causes such a problem to being with.

On my GPU + a Acer S201HL, I have the non-waking monitor issue with most (if not all) drivers on Windows. Monitor wakes just fine though all the time on Linux (with fglrx and radeon).

15. xliquidx

xliquidx New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    Yeah it's unusual, never had an issue with my old GTX 570.
    I'm trying a few other things currently. Have disabled C6 and C7 power states to rule out a PSU issue on idle Funny thing is I haven't actually had it when doing any benches or gaming unless my memory overclock is unusually high.

On another note, has anyone had an issue with Trixx where applying the clocks on reboot does nothing? It appears half the time it doesnt actually apply the clocks as Valley shows default clocks still.

EDIT: Only way I could fix it was to disable CCC or enable overdrive as well as Trixx for the clocks to stick. When I did this however it was continually freezing my pc on startup :/

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014

16. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    my god....no drivers yet...:bang:

17. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    no official drivers yet. I guess we have to wait till 27 April or so. AMD not in a good position regarding drivers. There better be some awesome drivers coming. I don't mind waiting to long but only if it's going to be amazing. If Mantle still doesn't work well with old GCN1.0 like it suppose to with crossfire et etc then Mantle is a dead loss.

I get the feeling Mantle was never suppose to be a huge thing just sort of a wakeup call for Microsoft directx.

18. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    :heh::funny:

Yea right, this is AMD we're talking about here

19. derpyQ

derpyQ Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7950 3GB
    Shouldn't the 14.4 properly release today? Would make sense, otherwise all the people who buy the new card wouldn't have any drivers.

20. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    Not that I...

Not that I have purchased any new games since...
    or have any bugs...Nor do I have the latest driver installed...

I just noticed that there has not been a NON beta driver since December.
    I guess that's 4 months. Seems long.

Maybe they are saving money by doing this because they used to do it every month. However, I'm still on 13.9. Haven't even tried Frame Pacing.
    I guess I am not really effected by any of this as per start of conversation.

I just found it was funny a person with no bugs wondering why there are no driver updates. I keep thinking meh... 14.x' official should be coming out pretty soon so why go to 13.12...

I really hate the process of updating drivers. Always gotta go start in safemode...DDU.. then go back to normal mode and disable ULPS. RESTART.. Its actually a rigorous task for someone who just wants to game.

Anyways... still waiting for 7000 series 'optimized' mantle driver. Then maybe purchase the 2 mantle games that exist just for fun. By then they should be really cheap.

Toodaloo'