AMD Catalyst 14.3 Beta 1.0 (13.350.1005 March 12)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by stasio, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

What possible use do you have for what is most likely these same drivers with a WHQL-logo slapped on it? You don't get anything newer than what exists currently. You might get some fixes (note might; nobody knows what the next driver will do or fix). WHQL also doesn't signify stability.

Just throwing it out there again, but if you really want to see nothing but graphics driver updates likely multiple times a day, go use Linux, and use the open-source driver with bleeding-edge repositories. Enjoy all the updates, occasional performance gains and regressions, and possible risk of total graphics stack breakage. If that's too hardcore, you could just stick with stable packages without any real problem. In either case, you get the added benefit of being able to fix issues (given you know what you're doing), and full source code :)

Otherwise, deal with AMD releasing their drivers whenever they want. Or... work for their driver team and help out :p

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014
  2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    They should have added a few more fixes to them by the time they release them again today, as well as adding the 295x2 support, as they'll have had another month to have worked on them some more, as they last came out on the 17th March.

WHQLs will be near the end of the month id have thought now, as still got time to finish them off, and get em certified.

3. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    AMD's latest beta driver page is down...

And every 295X2 review mentions 14.4 Beta. :crosses fingers:

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

5. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
  6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  7. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
  8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea it's been like that for a while - that link is where the new drivers appear

9. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    Thanks mate.

10. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Would love Thief Mantle CrossFire support. It runs very smoothly on the single GPU that it supports.

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thats a point, it doesn't come out till the 21st, but i can't see them leaving the next betas till then, as that won't give them time to finish them off, and get them off to get certified, so i wonder if the next betas will be the finished ones, and as well as sending them to Microsoft to get the WHQL certificate, they'll also release them as a beta until they get them back, as then they'll just have to re-up them, with the certificate.

I know they've done that before, so you never know.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  12. Despoiler

Despoiler Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire TRI-X R9 Fury
    That isn't true. Mantle about halves your frame times and in turn boosts your min FPS significantly. Less variation in FPS gives you smooth, consistent performance.

13. Cybermax

Cybermax Guest

Dunno why ppl keep nagging about WHQL. In my eyes that does not mean squat.. loads of bugs and stuff in WHQL drivers too.

Just release a NEW driver with fixes.. dont care about the WHQL logo :)

14. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    Same here, I don't care about WHQL certification, in fact, I just hope it would go away, it takes way too long for clearance (around ~2 weeks), delays drivers, etc.

People forget the worst driver in the history of GPUs was a WHQL driver from NVIDIA (19x.xx something).

Absolutely meaningless for me.

15. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I had issues till I changed my bios to Legacy instead of UEFI.

16. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I too wish WHQL would go away; not sure if it'll happen anytime soon though (Microsoft I'm sure likes the money from OEMs to get such a signature).

17. 1bit

1bit Active Member

GPU:
    7970 / Samsung SA27950D
    Just thought I would update my situation, changed the z68 to an asus p8z77-v lx. It works flawlessly now, no issues on the latest 14.3 driver.

I'm amazed at how user friendly these UEFI bios' are. I didn't even really need to setup my os again, just plug and play on win 8.1!

18. 1bit

1bit Active Member

GPU:
    7970 / Samsung SA27950D
    Tried that, didn't work.

19. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    Mantle fail? No, dumbass who ran the benches fail. I get the same scores in BF4 as the 290x they have listed there (same settings), on my 280x and 8350. They are either full of **** or they are incompetent. Take your pick.

20. LeeKM

LeeKM Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7970M
    How about this? 'Star Swarm benchmark (DX11)'