AMD Catalyst 14.2 BETA 1.3 (13.350.1005.0 February 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    This set it's not good for me.
    I haven't tried BF4 yet, and I think I won't either. I ratter play with DX11 until something stable for my machine comes around.
    I have artifacts on Thief ("jumping" screen (I double checked my clocks, so, that's not the problem), although, this ONLY happens when I enable the exclusive fullscreen mode) and somewhat bad performance, and the cause seems to be the lack of exclusive fullscreen mode, since when I enable it, the game runs without a performance penalty but, I have the aforementioned bug.
    All of this does not happen with Cat 13.12

Another example of a game that does not work so good is Tomb Raider, I have lower performance than with Cat 13.12. Around 10~15 fps less from 60 to 50-45 fps depending on the scene, while with 13.12 is a loss of 5 fps in the same scenes

So, all in all, I'll wait for something more stable, maybe I pass a couple more of betas before I return to it.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  2. dirtula

dirtula Member

GPU:
    Asus 7870 1100/1250 CF
    i have similar hardware as you and still experience the memory leak when disabling one card. Render.DrawScreenInfo 1 still shows it slowly filling up with memory and then starting to stutter. Post back after you play some more, i'm curious if everything remains okay for you, and not for me :(.

3. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1070FTW 8GB
    Mantle with my rig is BUTTER SMOOTH!!!

A pleasure to play!

A pity it doesn't support HD3D yet.... It'll be just perfect!

4. kenzt

kenzt Member

GPU:
    RX 480 NITRO+ OC
    Installed this and CSGO seems to have some issues, much longer load times, freezes.
    Thief runs great:

Very High @ 1080p

Min. 26.7
    High. 82
    Avg. 56.7

Around 80-90 % gpu usage

5. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    Will AMD ever fix the crossfire/ v-sync issue? It has been an issue with any driver past 13.11 beta 8 drivers. :3eyes:

6. Aaron123

Aaron123 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    Well iv played for awhile longer and i still don't have any stuttering. Did you do a clean install? Try putting your card at stock clocks and re run the game. I had problems when i OC mine. I also dont have crossfire, so that might be your issue

7. Aaron123

Aaron123 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    And how exactly did you get tha CPU to 4.5ghz? LoL! iv got mine at 3.8ghz @1.26v and it never goes over 32 degs celcius!

8. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    They are aware of the issue and they are working on a fix.

9. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    no sticky clocks, no deskstop/chome corruption

this ones a keeper.

10. Aaron123

Aaron123 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    Also, Do you have your cores parked? Mine were parked and i unparked them. Im using Windows 8.1

11. citrixscu

citrixscu Active Member

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti OC
    Since 14.1, dual display does not work properly for me. Switching input from DisplayPort to DVI (output from AV Receiver) causes a black screen with no input. Anyone else experiencing this issue? 13.12 WHQL work just fine.

12. jonny30bass

jonny30bass Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 7970M 2GB
    Mantle is still broken for me. Using Mantle and Ultra settings for BF4, my framerate is in the 20's, but with dx11 my framerate is in the 40's. My specs are a 7970m and i7 920xm with 8 GB of RAM. Mantle also stutters like crazy. It is unplayable on my setup.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  13. logout20

logout20 Member

GPU:
    Amd radeon 7470m/1Gb
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

on hp probook 4530s....SG...intel hd 3000 + 7470M..

14. fasor

fasor Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GForce 750Ti 2Gb
    i haven't test BF4 with 14.1 beta, but 14.2 beta and mantle definitely have stutters.

also mentioned that mantle gives very little extra-fps (64->66) with MSAA turned on.
    when the only AA is FXAA it gives more extra-fps (80->85)
    (watching fps while firing rockets from viper on the test range helipad, everything is ultra, FullHD)

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Vram hungry. Try to lower textures and other memory demanding stuff a bit. You'll not notice IQ difference on 1080p small screen unless you do static screenies and look for them.

16. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290X
    What's the general word on these with DirectX games? (like Starcraft 2, for example)

17. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Both 14.1 and these 14.2 drivers have been problem-free for the DX games I play.

You'll probably want feedback from someone who plays a larger library of games though (I mainly only play GW2, PoE, osu!, Dota 2, and Orochi Z).

18. deadinhollywood

deadinhollywood Member

GPU:
    Aorus RX580XTR 8GB
    There is still vram problem with Mantle in Bf4. It uses almost 3 gb of vram on my 2gb card at high settings in 1680x1050. It stutters a lot. Problem still not resolved.

19. HitokiriX

HitokiriX Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    nice star swarm no longer crashes when I select mantle whatever they did in the latest update of star swarm caused it to crash constantly fps seems a bit more stable now aswell

20. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX-970
    Actually they do, see:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_comparison

You require at least a HDMI 1.3 cable for the resolution he has/wants.