AMD Catalyst 14.2 BETA 1.3 (13.350.1005.0 February 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Cybermax

Cybermax Guest

Couple of quick laps on the testrange, and so far the difference for my 270x card is HUGE compared to 14.1. 14.1 i had constant stuttering, but that seems to be gone.

Now on to online multiplay :) Lets hope this one is smooth.

2. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII 16 GB
    Believe it or not, the v-sync issue is still present and,.. it's also not mentioned in the known issues list. Another month offun,.. not.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Anyone tested normal DX games with these vs 13.12 WHQL ?

Not that bothered about Mantle yet saying as there are only 2 things that use it, but DX performance is important

4. lord_zed

lord_zed Active Member

GPU:
    980ti MOD 1500/8000 LC
    Krteq i tried:
    asus bios old and new one
    Sapphire default bios

Its those **** drivers mate. WHQL are fine.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Not an option.... I sell my computers when I'm done with them. I can't sell a computer that doesn't function properly.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    If you offload from the CPU, the data has to be processed somewhere else...otherwise the system doesn't work. For graphics data, it makes the most sense to offload it from the CPU to the GPU.

7. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Vsync issue? What drivers did that issue occur

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just realised, it will still be in them, as these are just a newer set of the 14.1s :p

9. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    Anyhoo going back to 13.* these beta drivers are CRAP!

Nvidia did a better job at beta drivers :bang:

10. hharon

hharon Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X
    Thanks

11. flashmozzg

flashmozzg Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 4GB @ 947/1250
    Well, I bought it around the same time too. Roughly few months after it's release. I had to, because I had to change my old videocard. I changed my entire PC since then except videocard because it handles all well and there hasn't been any new good midrange videocards since. Maybe next year new line will come out, then I'll change it.

12. crz

crz Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    So far seems better than 14.1, OpenCL seems to work, ULPS seems to work, Crossfire works really well in Thief, Starswarm runs more or less the same.

Now the ugly: Mantle was supposed to work in BF4 with CrossFire enabled but once the test range shows the loading screen I drop back to desktop. Even Viewer shows that bf4.exe has crashed in amdmantle64.dll. Mantle does work if CrossFire is disabled. Also DX11.1 works with or without CrossFire.

In case you were wondering about the drivers intallation procedure: uninstalled 13.12 from Programs and Features, reboot in safe mode, ran DDU, reboot, installed 14.2, reboot.

So far this driver set seems to be OK to keep.

13. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Yes, overheating cards and hardware failure are certainly better, especially when it happens with WHQL-signed drivers :p

Complaining about a beta driver and then not even stating what's wrong is pretty silly. You are not the kind of person who should be using such drivers...

Here is the appropriate driver you should use.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014
  14. pesadel0

pesadel0 New Member

GPU:
    Ati 6990
    These drivers have the same issues with me that the last ones had, mainlly it crashes if in full screen any game, dunno why.

I always unistall with ddu in safe mode etc, when i revert back to the last Whqd it works perfectly :|

15. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    fill out your specs please.

16. BrainDedd

BrainDedd Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1070 OC
    Sure, but we can wish for such a small fix to make it to such a small update, right?

17. velocityx

velocityx Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB

crossfire 290 works like a dream on my side. however crash on loading is caused by a change in a patch that we got today for bf4. if you have a command "ui.drawenable 1" in user.cfg it will crash on loading.

you're prolly out of vram and it starts to stutter. open up console while in game and type Render.DrawScreenInfo 1 to see how much vram it eats you. if you load up the game and mess with settings its even worse.

18. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    HAH!!

You just spoke down to someone who has had a pc since the DX days, I think I **** know what entails with a Beta driver. Why should I tell everyone what wrong?

God christ ATI users really are up their own arses :wanker:

ps I've never had ANY overheating issues, hardware failures or other with Nvidia based beta drivers.

19. dynamez

dynamez New Member

GPU:
    ASUS 980ti SLI
    Yeah i can confirm this. Vsync stuttering on R9 290x crossfire still there, going back to 13.11 beta 9.2.

20. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    And that is why I still use 13.11 beta 8 drivers. Anything above the 13.11 beta 8 give me very bad fps when I enable vsync, sad AMD driver support.