AMD Catalyst 14.2 BETA 1.3 (13.350.1005.0 February 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT/290X
    And they are both running their native 60Hz?

Why not run both monitors off the 290?

2. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    Yup both 60hz. There are a couple of reasons I don't run both off the 290 and the main one is the card will not fully downclock with two or more monitors (still cant believe no one has found a way around that, maybe by 2020). Also having a game up on one and watching a vid or surfing flash enabled websites works much better (no flickering and crap like that). Overall its far better this way imho

@The Mac. Did you by any chance oc using AB? I notice if i oc with AB and amd od is locked the clocks get perma locked in 3d. I can reset and remove AB, restart, and the clocks stay in 3d. Only fix i found is a driver reinstall

3. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    no oc whatsoever.

i dont even start AB at boot.

the only thing i can think of at this point is it might be tied to the RPM sensor bug.

I removed the stock cooler and use a Gelid Icy Vision, so there is no pwm feedback anymore from the fans.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Pwm signal and rpm signal use different wires. As far as I know the OC capabilities are rather wonky in these mantle drivers and I think that rpm bug is part of that issue.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    I have 3 monitors connected to my 290 and it downclocks to idle clocks fine

[​IMG]

6. putino

putino Active Member

GPU:
    2x AMD Radeon 8970M / 4gb
    Yes you use Enduro and should wait a little bit more until Mantle is enabled also for Enduro configurations.

7. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I second that and must say it was a nice surprise as my previous cards didn't reduce clocks to 2D leves when more than a display was connected.

8. LeeKM

LeeKM Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7970M
    73*0M / 74*0M / 75*0M / 76*0M = TeraScale 2 Unified Processing Architecture

77*0M / 78*0M / 7970M = Graphics Core Next Architecture (GCN)

http://www.amd.com/US/PRODUCTS/NOTEBOOK/GRAPHICS/7000M/Pages/radeon-7000m.aspx

Mantle API

Games enabled with Mantle speak the language of Graphics Core Next(GCN) to unlock revolutionary performance and image quality.

9. deadinhollywood

deadinhollywood Member

GPU:
    Aorus RX580XTR 8GB

Sorry. I was rude. But start reading, it was said before and I got a little bit frustrated.

10. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    I'm getting great performance with Mantle now, should be pretty damn awesome once optimizations are in place.

11. elMARIACHI

elMARIACHI Member

GPU:
    3x Sapphire R290x
    I simply used DDU on Win7 to remove my drivers and re-installed 13.12 and everything's running just fine now. I fetched those 2 particular files in the 13.12 driver since I still had the package as you suggested. I did notice that when searching for OpenCl.dll, only AMD_OpenCL32.dll & AMD_OpenCL64.dll came up as results. I then renamed both files to OpenCl.dll and tried them one at a time and unfortunately, it's still a no go. I've already wasted several hours to try to find a workaround so I would like to know if you're certain the ones from the APP package are different and thus should work. I do get the impression that cgminer is trying to use the files within the Windows directory instead of cgminer's. If you're aware of some other alternative to approach this problem, you know very well I would be be glad to hear it. The only reason that I absolutely must get this to work is to take advantage of Mantle since my q6600 is somewhat of a bottleneck in BF4 and I cannot afford to stop mining under any circumstance.

As always, thanks in advance for your feedback!

12. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    These drivers work fine for me on my Alienware M18x-R2 Laptop with 2x AMD Radeon HD 7970M 2GB CrossfireX @ native 1920x1080, Intel Core i7-3840QM @ 4GHz, 32GB RAM under Windows 7 64 bit. I haven't experienced any stuttering in Battlefield 4 with full eye candy enabled using Mantle either. Everything seems stable and performing well.

13. Cybermax

Cybermax Guest

Hmm.. Seems to me the most "omg, working amazingly" is those with either:
    1. 290x 4GB or similar high end cards
    2. 2x cards in Crossfire

Those with most problems like me, seem to be using single card with 2GB or less vram.

Anyone with other oppinions? :)

14. ACMPraetorian

ACMPraetorian Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC
    This is true also for people like me running Single HD 7XXX series cards or a single R9 270 / 280 with up to 3GB Vram.

15. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+

Thanks but are those running the same resolution? That is where the problem was even with older gen cards.

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Yea all @ 1920x1080 for separate/extended, and in Eyefinity @ 5760x1080

17. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    ah that explains it then. The problem with downclocking is when running different resolutions. I am pretty sure i tried it when i first got the card and it does not fully down clock.
    Thanks

18. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    The gelid fans have neither.

As i mentioned earlier, i am not ocing. it sticks at stock (947mhz) on boot.

19. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

No problems at all on my single 2GB card.

20. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    I wonder how much longer I have to wait for HD7000 Mantle drivers.
    One month later (BF4 Mantle patch) and (2 drivers 14.1beta / 14.2beta) still there isn't any Mantle fixes for HD7000 even if they said to Us that it's the highest priority for them.

and yes, I know that there is only one game but cmon, I play BF4 a lot :)