AMD Catalyst 14.2 BETA 1.3 (13.350.1005.0 February 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. dell7520user

dell7520user Banned

GPU:
    hd4000+hd7730m
    for gpu: are u tried disable ulps.
    for cpu : disable core parking. disable some of cores or using only one
    set sytem to performance mod.

is your motherboard bios and if possible display card bios updated ???

are u cleaned amd pci express filter driver totaly. and are using lastest pci express filter driver. ( u need all cleaned only one of them installed )

is there problem driver for bad latency ( bad network driver can be sound driver... ) are u tried game with totaly disabled sound hardware from device tree. what is your os ??? ( win 8.1 is best latency bugfree for me )

is battlefield 4 using lots of memory can be use hdd swap area. if u used not ahci mode ide mode its bad for latency and performance. are u using amd ahci mode and its lastest driver ?

im remembering for best latency u can need some disabling power management modes from bios settings. ( generaly for amd motherboards )

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  2. velocityx

velocityx Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    thats what I thought but no, things get stuck in vram and stutters starts.

3. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V56 Pulse
    13.11b9.5->proper uninstall/cleanup->14.1b
    14.1b ->proper uninstall/cleanup->14.2b

Same config, settings, everything.

Exactly the same behaviour:

@DX11, everything is great, really great. Huge perf gain@bf4, smooth xp@every other game I play.

@mantle (bf4, obviously): Even greater perf (about +25% gain) but...

1)Loading screen starts windowed. Needs Alt+enter, next load screen start windowed etc

2)@1080p, VRam usage after 30-35' goes>2700MB and never reduces (even between maps!)

3)Every "option tab" (eg settings, spawn click) is "displaced" about 1.5cm on the right. Everything looks fine and proper, but in order to select anything, I need to place the cursor 1.5cm on the right of it's tab (I hope I explained it adequately). In game, however, my shots get exactly where I'm aiming, so it's not affecting it.

Everything reverts to normal after I set DX as render method.

I know it is weird, but it is very real. I will try to upload a screenshot or a video, showing this.

I have a custom user.cfg file in my bf directory which I will remove and see if that changes anything.

Any ideas?

4. dell7520user

dell7520user Banned

GPU:
    hd4000+hd7730m
    sometimes some bad coded driver can break system latency. or problem boards some options can give bad effect.

sample: everyon can disable pci express 3 and can test result. because there can be incompatibility

DisablePCIEGen3Support

there is 2 pci express setting. everyone can set to 1 and can be try. there is lots of other probablity for stuttering. can be test.

and lots of bad motherboard can be give latency problems.

best tryout is. if there is without problem r9 user there change your card with him. try your card there.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014

5. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    I guess you do not use v-sync?

6. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    I think the CPU stutters are a problem with BF4 code, not AMD driver related. I could be wrong but I have had them ever since the 2nd patch for BF4. They happen with DX and when I was trying the Mantle drivers.

I have an OC 3930k at 4.7GHz and should not be getting CPU stutters, and it happens with single or crossfire setting and no other game I play does this except BF4.

7. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    Are you using v-sync?

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I am using Windows 8 "Original"...

Not 8.1

9. jaju123

jaju123 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    Haha nope, can't stand the input lag it causes.

When you type perfoverlay.drawgraph is the green line thin or huge? Mine is huge, showing the frame variance :(

10. dell7520user

dell7520user Banned

GPU:
    hd4000+hd7730m
    notebook enduro systems sometimes doing stuttering. most powerfull solution can be with radeon pro software. im selecting "force fps max to 30" always working. but this is not real solution...

11. jaju123

jaju123 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    See, my frametimes are all over the place:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Does anyone else with R9 290 cards in crossfire have this problem? Could it be a PCIe 2.0 x8 problem?

MOD EDIT: please keep image sizes down

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  12. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Tried alt-tabbing in and out, messing around? Had this some times with the older drivers and first BF4 Mantle patch, but it was something sporadic that didn't always stay there. Went away as I tinkered around.

13. jaju123

jaju123 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    Yeah I've tried that and all kinds of console commands. The render ahead limit has an effect but not on the frametime variance. No idea what to do :(

14. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Very strange. Upgraded to the latest version of DDU that supports the removal of Mantle DLLs (from 14.1 Beta if you've had that installed before)? Because this seems to me like a 14.1 Beta issue.

15. Vehicon

Vehicon Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 970
    I was hoping for some good results with these drivers, but ive dropped 15 FPS compared to the other Mantel drivers.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    After trying Mantle in BF4 yesterday on the tast range where it was ultra smooth... Today I thought I'd do a bit of multiplayer and after a short while it becomes stuttery again...

ohh well.. I guess I still need to wait..

again.

17. dirtula

dirtula Member

GPU:
    Asus RX580 8gb
    ya i unparked them, but i'm using win 7, maybe that's the difference??? all of the other supposed fixes i have found don't seem to do anything for me. i've turned down the overclock as you suggest but it doesn't help. Even on test range with one card, while walking from one end of the map to the other causes my vram usage to go above 2gigs and then stutters bad. dx11 works great, nice and smooth, it however gets way worse performance. my setup with the amd cpu is pretty well bottle-necked and with mantle i get almost double the fps in the short time i can play before the stuttering starts. i don't know why they say "optimized" when in reality it's competley borked yet gets great performance when working.

also i have an h100 and the core temp doesn't go over 36. i can't post a link because my post count is under 10 but check overlock.com's forums for a good guide on overclocking piledriver. you should be able to get it much higher than 3.8 :)

18. gallimar

gallimar Member

GPU:
    2x ATI R270x 2GB 256Bit
    Your profile says you use a 650w PSU - thats perhaps a little short? I dont think its related to your issue but it doesnt look right

19. gallimar

gallimar Member

GPU:
    2x ATI R270x 2GB 256Bit
    try using bf4 config editor to disable triple buffering, untick all the DirectX options and set max frames to 60fps as a test - you can those options under console settings (Or its under graphics)

Triple buffering uses more vram

20. dirtula

dirtula Member

GPU:
    Asus RX580 8gb
    i take back what i said. after some more testing it works fine on low. i guess ultra just wants to put too much into vram. there were some random spikes of low fps on low but really sporadic ad the vram never got above 1300. i can play it fine in dx11 on ultra, for some reason mantle attempts to over load my card when the textures are turned up though. anyway, it's not a memory leak like i assumed. it's just not aware of how much vram my card has???