AMD Catalyst 14.2 BETA 1.3 (13.350.1005.0 February 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    Please, re-read, I said "Something stable for MY machine" (Emphasis in "MY")
    It's good that works for most people correctly, but, is not for me :(
    I wish it where, though.

2. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    Nvidia marketing dept speaks. Shill.

3. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    I cant understand how some of you guys with 7xxx series acards are getting amazing mantle performance in bf4???...i should be getting quite the same performance than a 7970ghz with my oc or even better and using mantle gives to me almost no performance increase (60 fps overing most of the time) specially in the lows (still droping to 40s in some situation with just 2xmsaa) and of course filling my vram and stuttering like hell (triple buffer broken also). Also amd did nothing in this driver about mantle and 7xxx cards so i cant understan how some can play in mantle "amazingly" and "butter smooth"...:3eyes: ...of course drivers are perfectly installed.

Edit: for those experiencing some stuttering in thief, try checking "exclusive fullscreen" in menu...it solved my stuttering issues.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  4. ACMPraetorian

ACMPraetorian Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC
    Ok for those with HD 7XXX Series GPU's and R9 270/280 GPU's, the new beta driver does NOT contain optimizations for mantle under those GPU's.

https://twitter.com/TheMattB81/status/438672517927305216

I feel warm and fuzzy knowing I'll be able to take advantage of the API in the next driver release.

'till then.. DX renderer it shall be! :)

5. Cybermax

Cybermax Guest

Using Windows 7 x64. Ill try to do some more testing tonight. It seems as its the ppl with 2GB vram that struggle with this stutter problem.

It has gotten a LOT better since 14.1, so its a step in the right direction, just that ofc the stutters happen at the worst possible moments :p

Oh.. and im running 1920x1080 at "high" settings with my old rig.

6. Cybermax

Cybermax Guest

You use a pretty similar system to mine both cpu and ram gfx card. Are you using Win 7 or 8.1?

7. Anypaper

Anypaper Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780 Lightning
    Windows 8.1 here. Bf4 Mantle works flawlessly with my flashed 7970 to R9 280.
    Ultra settings without Mssa nearly constant 100-120 fps (got it limited to 120fps). With Dx i am around 80-90 fps. Biggest Difference is on 64/64 maps.

With this driver and yesterday's patch the Image Quality got imo into the same line as DX11 :)

8. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    ****in mantle doesn't work in full screen BF4 with crossfire.. f annoying. Just pops up with a "can't take ownership blabla fullscreen" window. Anyone know about this or anyone else experiencing this?

9. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti GamingX
    well.. butter my biscuit that is smooth in BF4 :D

10. deadinhollywood

deadinhollywood Member

GPU:
    Aorus RX580XTR 8GB
    And I stand on the other site. My 2gb card plays the game smoothly in 1680x1050 in direct3d. So it is not what i should but it is what I can. So you are saying I should play on high at max. But why???? when I can go higher. The problem is still lack of optimisation for hd7000 in mantle. Mantle is broken and it uses 3gb of vram when direct3d uses at max around 1.6 gb of vram. And to clear all out setting to high gets me the same vram usage, 3gb.

11. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    lol,

mantle.. as soon as I go fullscreen

[​IMG]

12. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    As long as he is getting a connection and it is letting him set that resolution, the cable is fine no matter the version. The wiring is the same. The only difference is possibly going to be wire thickness and shielding on the newer cables.

For very long cables, the actual specification will make a difference, but for hooking from a computer to a monitor that is near the computer, there should be no problems even with an old versioned cable.

http://www.audioholics.com/hdtv-formats/understanding-difference-hdmi-versions

13. sTOrM41

sTOrM41 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 @ 1500 MHz
  14. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Thanx for that info
    Will stay with 14.1 > DX11

15. dante_til

dante_til New Member

GPU:
    trifire 7970

16. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    @ACMPraetorian & IAmGhostDog: Mantle is already working well for these cards. Why would you run DX11 till then if Mantle already runs so much better on these cards? Just because further optimizations are coming?

17. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 20.1+
    Thank you asder00 for the driver!

18. wellison

wellison Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 ASUS Strix 4gb
    i lost much FPS in matle or DX11 with this new 14.2 beta driver, i turn back to 14.1 i get much more FPS

19. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    I think you are right mate, I have just played a match in bf4 (DX11) and i would say that my frame rate is lower also and more fps drops in some places so...but not sure its quite subtle...will see

20. flow

flow Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 2000Mhz
    Just a headsup, I uninstalled old drivers with DDU11.3 in windows 8.1 safe mode, and it went fine. Rebooted and installed this driver. Without any issues.
    Can't judge mantle since I don't have BF4, nor do I really care.
    Just as long as my games have the same or better frames, or else I will return to an older driver.
    Thusfar the same in win8.1 as previous drivers. Same benches, same behaviour.
    I will keep 13.30 for win7 a bit longer though.

On a side note, and prolly a bit late in the thread, whether mantle works better or not, I got my amd card for games and I'm still happy with it. If dx works better, fine, and if mantle works better, also fine.
    Just pick one or the other.