AMD Catalyst 14.2 BETA 1.3 (13.350.1005.0 February 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    DO NOT ALT TAB! IN BF4,. You will see fps cut in half, or even 2/3x! ...

2. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX-970
    Had that issue too last week, after they released the latest addon. I didn't anymore have it since Sunday though, I think the patch that EA released fixed it again (for me). Still using the older beta drivers.

3. ToBbErT

ToBbErT Member Guru

GPU:
    2x sapphire 7870
    Are we really gonna have to wait another month for a ****ty driver? Im getting tired of this bs.

4. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

...what exactly are you complaining about?

5. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Be constructive, describe your issues or don't bother posting.

If you don't explain, the assumption is that you're a nub who hasn't got a clue.

6. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    No chit. :D It's that amazing. My jaw was on the floor too when I first used it.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  7. putino

putino Active Member

GPU:
    2x AMD Radeon 8970M / 4gb
    Even if on my gaming laptop it works like a charm with Mantle at Ultra settings (I have 2xAMD Radeon 8970M in Crossfire) I notice a very high VRAM usage with the new render info in BF4. Always over 2GB it even reaches 3GB VRAM usage sometimes. I'm lucky that I have 4 GB VRAM, so I don't experience stutters, but if you want my opinion, AMD still needs more tuning with Mantle.

8. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Kindly leave this thread.

9. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX-970
    Actually I think this is on EAs side to fix. I mean in the game engine and not the driver.

10. velocityx

velocityx Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    not really happening with 4gb vram and 16gb ram and drive on ssd. I guess if I'd alt tab a hundred times than maybe.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    If my memory serves.. for BF4, people with 2GB video cards should be using "High" setting for textures... not Ultra.. Ultra is for video cards with over 2GB of video memory.

I use High and I can see my GPU Ram usage going right up to nearly full.. 10mb under filling the full 2048mb

12. ddelamare

ddelamare Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    I'm quite excited with this new version of the drivers.

I managed to get them installed last night but didnt have time to play around so i'll test various DX9,10 and 11 games with the last WHQL driver versus the new beta and see how it goes.

I have crossfire but only one monitor @ 1080p (holding out for a decent 4k monitor) so cant really test much above and beyond 1080p or one GPU, no point really at that rez.

I'll benchmark the nutz out of Starswarm though since i don't have any other Mantle based products.

Hopefully its fixed all the little annoyances i have :)

13. V-FrIeNd

V-FrIeNd Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti
  14. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    CS:GO performance is getting worse and worse, but its on no part of AMD. I get slight pauses every now and again which only happens in CS:GO. No other game. Check /r/GlobalOffensive/, plenty of people talking about poor perfmormance, bad servers etc, but that's not what they care about right now, as long as we get our Weapon stickers!

Sorry to go off topic! :)

15. N3MBOT

N3MBOT Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280xoc
    just leaving my two cents , dont have mantle so no comment on that , but the performance in DX with this drivers is just great.
    never had any serious problems with any previous drivers apart from some stutter or decrease in IQ but in this drivers that´s all gone and i even saw a performance increase in BF4, not much 4 or 5 FPS , but the best is how stable it runs now, great work AMD.

too bad my 6970 isn "mantled"... its frustrating to have the GC that is right on the border between having it or not.

16. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT
    You are correct. This is on their recommended spec, 3gb gf card. The difference is minimal an not noticeable from medium to ultra. Low though removes parallax mapping as I can I understand.

17. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    No issues here, and I alt-tab a lot!

18. dell7520user

dell7520user Banned

GPU:
    hd4000+hd7730m
  19. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT/290X
    Yes happens here also, reported also.

20. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I've used Ultra textures at 1600x900 without issue. If I recall correctly, I think I ran at highest settings (either that, or turned off AA). VRAM usage was higher than 1GB, but not close enough to 2GB for it to be of concern (I want to say around 1.6-1.7GB.

To be fair though, this was back with DX11 on singleplayer.