AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega WHQL (14.501.1003.0 November 20)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shadow_craft, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Akumajou

Akumajou Banned

GPU:
    R9 290 @ 1115/1485Mhz
    The problem is that they don't care about anyone's opinion, so it doesn't matter.

2. Doom112

Doom112 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    This is the reason why i sold my R9 290X and bought GTX 980.U have pay tax to Nvidia for far far better gaming experience and yes Nvidia has much better gaming experience than AMD with regular updates and much better drivers.

3. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    Yeah wouldn't you be mad if they where unpolished after 3 months?
    4 months if your talking about compile date.
    This is crazy, even AMD rep's are screwed by amd with the 19 march date.
    Their reps don't even know what's going on..... cluelesss!

4. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

You sold your R9 in the past because of a future slight driver delay, and then came back here to tell us all about it instead of just enjoying your new card? Ok :p

Yeah I'd be mad too; which is why I'd rather them polish it up before releasing it.

I'm not a driver engineer and won't pretend to be; but I assume AMD is not holding out on drivers for this long for no reason at all, and I assume they don't want to release unfinished drivers either just to please a few people.

Windows 10 TP and Linux users have gotten drivers sooner, so really it's only a general WIndows-related scenario on the lack-of updates. So it isn't like AMD hasn't released a single driver for 3-4 months.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015

5. Akumajou

Akumajou Banned

GPU:
    R9 290 @ 1115/1485Mhz
    You actually believe they're "polishing" the driver? It's going to be the same driver that the "press" already have, which is apparently a buggy piece of trash with components that haven't been updated since Omega. Now, the question is why are they waiting. Maybe they forgot to upload it, maybe they forgot the administrator password, simply put: dumb**** AMD being dumb**** AMD.

6. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    You should at least care enough about how you appear in public to behave yourself. Have some self respect, yo.

7. Akumajou

Akumajou Banned

GPU:
    R9 290 @ 1115/1485Mhz
    Yo dog, this is the Innernette.

8. Seth-01

Seth-01 Active Member

GPU:
    VTX3D R9 290 947/1250
    +1 my next card will be a nVidia. No more AMD in my PC. I need a serious company with a proper monitoring of drivers and not amateurish work (sorry bad english)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  9. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    I'm not gonna buy more than one card in future. It takes too long to get crossfire profiles nowadays. I will wait and see how 390x performs and what price would be, then make the decision between green and red camp.

10. crz

crz Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    When one of my two R9 290 cards broke and I got a full refund it was a blessing. I had enough of multi-GPU, maybe sometime after DX12 is released I will consider it again but for the moment no more.

As for the release date, this indicates bad planning and/or under-staffing. The date was announced some time ago so either the announcement was premature (bad management) or there were issues so severe that they took weeks to fix and test (under-staffing) or there were so many issues left to fix and test that it was delayed (both bad planning and under-staffing).

11. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    perhaps they think today's eclipse is going to end the world or some such nonsense lol

12. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

You believe they aren't?

My experience with Omega has been near flawless (I say near because the only issue I can recall that persisted from older drivers is the sleep bug) from what I can recall of it on Windows 8.1, and previous drivers haven't been nearly as-bad as people claim either.

AMD has provided decent-enough drivers in my experience, and I trust they're competent enough to know how to handle driver releases still considering they've been doing it for years now. A slight driver delay doesn't mean they all of a sudden don't know how to handle their business.

As I keep mentioning; if you're that unhappy with AMD to have to make-up how horrible they are, then you should really consider why you even still own the hardware. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere with no postal service whatsoever; selling the card and getting a different one is always an option. Complaining on a random internet forum isn't helping.

13. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Akumajou is now banned, you guys can critique all you want. At this point AMD really messed up with this driver release, but remember you are on my turf here and I have one simple rule:

Keep things respectful, always.

14. Richardrpg

Richardrpg New Member

GPU:
    HD7850
    I've been an AMD supporter for years now since I changed to them after my gts8800, but even I'm now doubting my loyalty to them.
    Re your statement telling people to just sell their AMD cards and go the Nvidia route if they are unhappy with AMD's driver debacle, you do realise not everyone lives in a 1st world country and some people don't really have a choice but to get an AMD gpu for economic reasons.
    And also your comment, I quote "Complaining on a random internet forum isn't helping" is rather nonsensical, as this is not some random forum but a very specific forum pertaining to AMD Drivers and is also home to an official AMD representitive.

15. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

The main people that I see complaining are rocking R9 Crossfire setups or some other expensive GPU(s), and some of those same people also claim they could have picked up a NVIDIA GPU for a similar price.

I will admit I don't know how things "work" where those people live, but if you can get ahold of top-end hardware like that, I don't see how it would be much more difficult to sell it and get a NVIDIA-equivalent
    I should have worded that better or entirely differently; but I meant non-constructively complaining.

16. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Don Veto Corleone, at least we can agree that AMD did in-fact mess up. I haven't made a comment yet solely out of respect for this forum; otherwise I fear my words won't be kind towards AMD. With all due respect to AMDMatt if you're reading this, I know it's not your fault mate and I'm glad you're at least reporting to us every now and then (we appreciate your comments).

Everyone else, feel free to vent, just keep it in a respectful manner. I am honestly starting to agree with so many of the comments made in the past that I have slugged off and criticised. We all have every right to be angry, just learn to express your anger in a way that doesn't get you banned. Keep the conversation civilised.

People are complaining for a reason. Stop telling them to stop complaining, not that I blame you, I used to be like you, until I took the time to try and understand why they're so frustrated (if you believe they are complaining for no reason; aka their complaints make no difference; therefore you complaining about them complaining is also redundant).

People who have purchased 2 or 3 or 4 video-cards haven't been able to use more than ONE for all the games that were released in the time frame since AMD last made a driver. If someone spends $2000 on graphic cards, you can't tell them to go sell them used for $1000 (at half the price they purchased them) and go BUY new nvidia GPU's that are equivalent (which cost more... So they have to add $1500 on top of the $1000, to get nvidia equivalent).

These people have every right to complain. They purchased a product (or several of them) and have every right to expect the manufacturer of that product to provide them with services that its competitor provides.

17. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    If AMD continues not to provide support for their products in proper manner, do you think a lawsuit is a plausible idea?

18. AmD6000

AmD6000 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 960
    This is disappointed not only that, but you lied to us.

19. Richardrpg

Richardrpg New Member

GPU:
    HD7850
    Fair enough, I think the main issue is, that when expectations are created and not fulfiiled by AMD, for eg a delayed driver that people have been expecting at certain date as indicated by AMD themselves (after waiting so long), then people get rightly pi$$ed off.

Regarding pricing in 3rd world countries between AMD and Nvidia, the differences are sometimes massive for equal performing gpus, sometimes even up to double the price for an equivalent performing Nvidia vs AMD.
    This comes down to punitive taxes, money hungry monopolized distributors and just plain corruption.

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Ok while I do support amd. I wasn't even disappointed when this delay came, I expected it that is kind of sad really. If you give a date you ****ing deliver or properly inform of the delay way before hand. This wouldn't fly in software companies tbh...