AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega WHQL (14.501.1003.0 November 20)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shadow_craft, Dec 9, 2014.

1. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    if i remember correctly amd had betas every week or two weeks, when they had that monthly driver release schedule

and about the trolls i meant other forums, ign and such.. it is hard to argue or debate with them, if u have nothing to go on

2. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    um..

no

one WHQL a month.

occasionally a couple hot fixes in the same month.

They switched to one beta a month instead, and one WHQL per quarter.

It was too much of a pain to maintain the code branches monthly after WHQL submission and regression bugs were sneaking in.

This is the first time in YEARS the haven't had a beta or whql each month.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  3. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    15.3 was supposed to fix crossfire problems for FarCry 4 but only that. But to my dismay they still didn't fix jack **** OMG :puke2: .I can confirm there are crossfire profiles but none of it works ,only AFR Friendly works like it did with Omega.

4. klaupe

klaupe Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AmpExtreme
    It´s all about enviousness. If they would see something nice on the red side that they don´t see on their green one, they´d start to s*** on their own lawn, instead of trolling.

Problem is, that AMD gives nvidia nothing to be envious about at the moment. So AMD´s lawn is fertilized very efficient at the moment.

5. rgabriel15

rgabriel15 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 1GB GDDR5
    Anyone knows if the new "framerate limiter" feature present on the Windows 10 Catalyst 15.2 driver will be implemented on the "final" Catalyst 15.3.1 for Windows 7 too, or it will be exclusive for Windows 10?

6. SabotageX

SabotageX Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    These drivers are not official so stop whining. Considering it's a driver for the press review of Freesync, chances are these profiles are unfinished.

7. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000

Are you willing to bet money on this?

8. JonMS

JonMS Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980Ti FTW
    These beta drivers fixed FC4 for me.

9. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i will, Dying light profile is not in the press releases, they are in the gen release.

10. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    [​IMG]

:bigsmile:

11. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
  12. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    No offense, but something is clearly wrong with the group of IT personnel responsible for making drivers. They are either mismanaged, under staffed, or just plain incompetent. Something needs to change, you are loosing customers over this!

I don't even run crossfire, but I feel very bad for the people who invested that much money just to get screwed over on game support. Guess what, people who spend that much on a gaming rig have enough money to buy games at release. You need crossfire profiles within weeks of a game's release, not months.

13. Akumajou

Akumajou Banned

GPU:
    R9 290 @ 1115/1485Mhz
    **** you, retard. I'm sure you couldn't let everyone know until exactly when it was supposed to release... Acting like you're still working on something when you're just sitting on your dumb**** ass and waiting to release, for whatever ****head AMD reasoning, the same garbage driver the press already has...

14. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I feel the same now. F**K AMD. They a bunch of morons working their. Sorry but AMDMatt you a moron. you just as guilty. I thought jippeee I will wake up and drivers wll be available but no. it's 7:00 am 20th and no drivers. I will never buy anything with an AMD sticker on it. I won't even play a game with amd logo on it. this is so useless. I suspect amd marketshare to drop even further.

AMdmatt you might as well tell AMD to go stick the 390x in their asses cause the support will be lacking anyway for that. Like I said in another thread I feel butt hurt cause i bought my 280x only 2 years ago and loosing on great featurs like freesync and vsr. I mean WTF. I had a choise between 780 and 2x r9 280x's but I regret buying the AMD crap.

15. motoman26

motoman26 Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Easy man, don't blow a gasket.

16. Akumajou

Akumajou Banned

GPU:
    R9 290 @ 1115/1485Mhz
    And everyone's saying that the worthless driver they're going to release has the same Direct3D component as in the old Omega driver.

Brought my R9 290 just a few months ago, and wish I had paid an extra $40 or so for a GTX 970. Which, even with it being a 256-bit 3.5GB card, destroys the R9 290 in virtually all games...

17. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I feel your pain. Nvidia even offers G-sync on cards released in 2012 although 7970 was released in 2011 I still feel cheated for not having freesync support but then again the drawback with freesync is that you need a new gpu vs Nvidia if you bought a 680 you can still get a g-sync and enjoy the goodness. That's the beauty with Nvidia. Old cards do get some longer support.

LOL at at "The fixer" Videos. it looks as cheap as making my own video on my backyard here at home. Have you ever seen Nvidia made a video to bash AMD like that cause I think they don't have to. Just shows how bad AMD is doing.

18. Akumajou

Akumajou Banned

GPU:
    R9 290 @ 1115/1485Mhz
    The amount of stupidity shown by AMD is staggering. I truly wonder if the only qualification for working there is graduating high school. It's almost as if they actually want to be hated or want to go bankrupt.

19. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Jesus H. Christ, I think they're ran poorly too, and am massively disappointed, but don't behave like an angry child. It doesn't solve anything, and will probably only wind up getting any opinion you might of had null and void. Probably will get you moderated too.

20. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

The circlejerk is strong here :p

It's understandable to be angry at not meeting the release date, but lets face it; you'd be angry if the drivers were released unpolished too. Some people might even be angry that they released the driver at all this late. Some people just can't be pleased.

But hey; it must be easier to complain and be miserable than to just switch your GPU out like some people keep "claiming" they'll do.

Does your HS diploma allow you to understand and implement what's going on here? Because that was done by an AMD employee, and that's just one random example out of probably thousands.

I'm assuming most people with only a HS diploma (and no coding knowledge; which most HS's don't actually teach that well anyway) will see that as spaghetti. But hey, lets see you code up and patch a graphics driver with that diploma :p

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015