AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega WHQL (14.501.1003.0 November 20)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shadow_craft, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080Ti Gaming X
    No ive kept it at stock overclock only

I cant even configure it and im not too confident at setting it to start at startup, if it locks up i will be in a re-boot loop and have to boot into safe mode if I can.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  2. Akumajou

Akumajou Banned

GPU:
    R9 290 @ 1115/1485Mhz
    Not sure how I can be an Nvidia fanboy, considering at least my past five (and current) cards have been AMD. I can't even remember the last time I had an Nvidia card.

I am, however, a fan of Nvidia's appearance/presentation. Everything from their Website, their forums, their promotional videos, to their software, even the tiniest things like how their representatives write in forums and release notes, everything they do is professional - if only from aesthetic point of view.

AMD, on the other hand, are laughable in all these areas. They have all the competence of volunteers. I don't know how they can't be embarrassed.

3. ShFil

ShFil New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte hd 7850 1GB
    @Tree Dude
    Mantle can better use vram, but it doesn't increase needs. For example on sniper elite 3 i have 5 more fps(50 vs55 )on mantle without any problems.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Used VRAM doesn't exactly mean required. Think Shadows of Mordor.

5. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080Ti Gaming X
    that could be the problem, can anyone using VSR and MSI afterburner confirm a desktop lockup when launching MSI AB?

6. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    AMD matt, you might be able to get a fix for this but with ultra wide displays
    2560x1080p default res.

resolutions that work with these displays and keep correct aspect ratio.
    are

2560x1080p
    and
    3440x1440

but using the vertual resolution when enabled
    gives these resolutions

2560x1440
    3200x1800

both are black borders on both sides or if you enable gpu upscaling you can make the screen full but its very stretched.
    is there a way to add your own resolutions that you know work with the display then let the gpu do the rest.

if i use CRU i can get the perfect 3440x1440 wich keeps 21.9 aspect ratio and does not stretch
    or is there way to add the 21.9 aspect resolutions to the scalier with a file.

as for my nec 24" 1920x1200 its perfection
    and and works right up to
    2560x1600 and keeps aspect correct and looks bloody great and has more space.

7. ArtemB1988

ArtemB1988 Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon R7 Series
    any news about APUs ?

8. Bhaal

Bhaal Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB OC
    On my next build ---> Nvidia all the Way. Couldn't play Wolfenstein with this card now lack of support for GCN 1.0 even though its a R9 gen card...

9. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix

Well, if feedback is important to you, here it goes:

nVidia had an option for creating a custom resolution for as long as I can remember. Using this option one could have an output that matches your monitor resolution but uses higher resolution internally. This allowed for downsampling in the games by simply, for example, making 2560x1440 available for selection in game, game would render in that resolution and the graphic card would rescale it down to 1920x1080 thus creating a downsampled image.

You have put this option in this Catalyst driver at the end of 2014 and it's available only for premium cards.

Not only that you are late, behind and elitist, you are also arrogant enough to shaft us (those with other than your most expensive graphic cards) and say "merry Christmas" on top of it.

There, feedback from a customer that had enough of AMD and will not be your customer again, ever.

10. jesped

jesped Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070
    I mean... I have an htpc with a 290X and 2 outputs:

1. DVI to an ACER GD245HQ monitor and
    2. HDMI to a Panasonic projector (through an Onkyo TX-NR609 receiver), which is the primary display for gaming.

[​IMG]

The VSR option shows up on the ACER monitor (DVI) but not on the TX-NR609 (Projector via HDMI)... is this normal?

11. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It seems like VSR isn't supported with HDMI.

12. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080Ti Gaming X
    it is im running via HDMI and VSR is working

13. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080Ti Gaming X

have you tried setting passthrough on the onkyo receiver

14. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    Hmm... I have no game that uses Mantle. But everything I've read says once the VRAM fills up, performance tanks. This is mostly from BF4 threads though.

15. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I do not know exactly how it was with custom resolutions and how they were working but DSR initialy was available only on 970 and 980, it was added for other gpus with driver updates. To be honest you had downsampling, unofficially available on amd gpus way longer ago than nvidia even started thinking about DSR. To be honest, with nvidia's attitude people are lucky they got DSR on anything else than 970 and 980. Also remind yourself MFAA: they announced it as new thing in 9xx series, added it to drivers few weeks after release date.

16. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    nvidia didn't think of downsampling, it was a byproduct of custom resolution option. AMD had that also, but for some reason they removed it. Now they bring it back, call it "VSR" and make it exclusive to most expensive cards while I can get the same thing on a 10$ nVidia card, not that it would make any sense but that's beside the point.

17. Krelianz

Krelianz Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290x
    I think people are looking to the fps performance the wrong way, look at those frame times, this driver will help the games look smoother even if it doesn't gain "fps" performance.

18. sergio92

sergio92 New Member

GPU:
    Radeon (TM) HD 6490M
    Hi..I installed these drivers in my notebook with dual GPU .. but the account screen is blocked for 5 minutes and the same happens after 1-2 minutes that you have started the pc..qualcuno knows why? and how to fix?

19. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I thought i described it to you the best way possible but you seem to still not understand or you are just ignoring the facts just to mock up amd and glorify nvidia or maybe my english is that terrible, i'm not sure anymore xD

20. Alph4Dawg

Alph4Dawg Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC
    Farewell in that case.No need to be rude, tho.