AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega WHQL (14.501.1003.0 November 20)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shadow_craft, Dec 9, 2014.

1. AMDMatt

AMDMatt Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    No, they are NOT included with the driver package. They are available in a separate download.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    It runs around 30fps Ultra, fxaa, high shadows on single 280X. If you think thats playable go for it.

Anyway no problems on install, nice drivers so far. Tested only FC4 and seems fps is more constant.

3. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 980Ti 6GB SLI
    IS no one getting hard lock ups with MSI afterburner with these omega drivers ? everytime I launch MSI AB i have to do a hard reset. this did not happen in 14.11.2 anyone?

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    If we are to see any boost in fps it will be cpu bound games. I didn't even believe that we would see boost in games like crysis 3 or newer gpu bound games.

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Running latest beta of MSI Afterburner and no issues. Did you clean install?

6. Akumajou

Akumajou Banned

GPU:
    R9 290 @ 1115/1485Mhz
    Congratulations, AMD! You've successfully achieved a negligible to negative performance impact with this driver! Why not have a PR parade?!

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Not really. Works fine here, even with this driver.

8. BoMbY

BoMbY Member Guru

GPU:
    Fury X
    Why do all the NVidia fanboys have to post **** in AMD related threads? Are you jealous, because you are currently not getting enough PR bull**** attention from NVidia?

9. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    very strange im getting desktop lock up everytime I launch. the event viewer is showing me lots of .net runtime problems with Version 4 .net does afterburner use this librarie of runtimes?

10. calusari

calusari Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    But you didn't actually test the games that AMD said the driver improves performance for.

11. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    yeah did a clean install deleted all settings from previous.

very strange. do you guys have VSR enabled too?

12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Have you changed unofficial overclock settings in Afterburner? Set it to disabled if you have.

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    Yeah that nvidia driver did improve things on some games/benches but not even close to all. Tho neither did this. I need to test stuff myself to see if games feel smoother more.

14. BIGGRIMTIM

BIGGRIMTIM Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
    I have been having this issue for a while now even with the older drivers. The only way I was able to get it working was to have Afterburner start with Windows.

15. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I wouldn't go so easy with such conclusions. The test was performed on single configuration and results may vary on different configurations, especially on different gpus.

16. ZeRoX93

ZeRoX93 New Member

GPU:
    AMD 6520G+AMD 6650M
    I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Z575 with AMD Radeon 6520G and dedicated 6650M and I wanna ask if I install the new omega drivers 14.12 if I will have the Switchable Graphics options?

17. ShFil

ShFil New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte hd 7850 1GB
    Hi, I have problems bf4 and mantle mode. When i click to join, process will start. But when it has ~106MB, die. I have it on 14.11 and 14.12, but i didn't came back to older, because these are better. Anyone has it also?

18. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    Considering the biggest claimed boost is with AMD CPUs, I'd say you are probably right. I am hoping that translates to some extra FPS on my old C2Q.

Don't bother with Mantle, you don't have enough VRAM. You need 3GB+ due to the increase in VRAM usage Mantle causes. Stick with DX11.

19. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    i think i'm gonna pass on this, after reading everything since the 1st page,
    nothing new for GCN 1.0 owners like me.

i was surprised that i got email from AMD that said "AMD Catalyst™ Omega Software Upgrade: Extra Performance - No Extra Cost", that is borderline fraud, should have added details that its for GCN 1.1 and 1.2 cards only.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    There is no VSR option for 280X. :(