AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega WHQL (14.501.1003.0 November 20)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shadow_craft, Dec 9, 2014.

1. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I'm using 60hz and vsr in dragon age: inquisition, the pace of the game and the crappy in game AA make it worth it. Playing cod and bf though I switch back to 120hz and 1440p.

2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Catalyst > Gaming > 3D Application Settings

There's System Settings (which are system-wide settings). You can add executables with the "+ Add ..." button below Application Settings.

Adding a executable gives it it's own set of settings on the right-side. You can set something for that executable, and then see that it isn't set on the System Settings, or any other executable.

Hmm, i'm downloading the HDMI hotfix driver now (can find it here for anyone interested); hopefully I get better results with it than the Nov 20th driver (in regards to the sleep issue anyway).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
  3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    VSR is interesting for older games for sure. Like bioshock infinite or ac3 and the like. I only have 60hz monitor so np :p Haven't found a monitor with similar specs as mine but with 120hz or 144hz yet so will have to wait for sometime.

4. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    Is there any way to keep the same scale of everything with higher resolutions enabled in VSR? This makes everything look tiny in Windows and in-game UIs. (The display size option in Windows doesn't fix everything.)

5. Octopuss

Octopuss Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    Hm, I started getting black screen freezes again :( Guess I'll go back to 14.4 for good. That sucks some enormous ass.

6. ArtemB1988

ArtemB1988 Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon R7 Series
    Did anyone test them with an APU ?

7. bobrix

bobrix Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 970@1542/8000
    Using VSR on 94hz with DA:I no problem, all you need is custom created driver inf with phoenix edid and MonINfo, if u have monitor capable of doing higher refresh rates.
    Mine can go 110hz but VSR works only on dedicated gpu, would be a miracle if it played along with lucid virtu, then i could use it without crappy adapter locked on 167Mhz pixelclock :).

8. nanohead

nanohead New Member

GPU:
    2x7950@900mhz
    Anyone else having failure running WinSat with these drivers?

9. ati666

ati666 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    AMDMatt, i have aproblem with my r9-290x crossfire setup. after clean installing this driver I still do not have VSR checkbox availabe or shown in CCC.

I am using a DELL U3014 LCD on DisplayPort 1.2 (DP to miniDP) provided by DELL. The monitors native resolution is 2560X1600.

Can you please shed some light on this matter....

10. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    black screen crash whilst installing. reverted to latest Win8 restore point.
    14.4 (14.10.1006-140417a-171099C) seems stable for me. I do not know why.. possibly OS reinstall needed

11. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    same same....

12. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Rog Strix Vega 64
    Hi guys. Can anyone with same specs as mine test 3dmark 11? I'd like to compare and check if all is good cause i haven't tested for some months now. My score is X3071. No problems in games i play and never had any with previous drivers. Just curiosity. Thnx in advance

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    ^^ Check similar systems on 3dmark's site

14. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Rog Strix Vega 64
    Never thought of it. Thnx. I'm a bit low on score. Lowest is 3272.. strange. Time for some research. :)

15. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Hmm; for anyone using this driver, go to an administrative Command Prompt and type "bcdedit", and see if you have a "useplatformclock" entry (usually towards the bottom).

I could have sworn I didn't see the entry before when I first installed the Omega driver; but with the HDMI Fix driver, I see the option again.

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    Nop, not here

Code:
    Windows Boot Manager
    --------------------
    identifier              {bootmgr}
    device                  partition=\Device\HarddiskVolume2
    path                    \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi
    description             Windows Boot Manager
    locale                  en-US
    inherit                 {globalsettings}
    integrityservices       Enable
    default                 {current}
    resumeobject            {0ced54c1-65a4-11e4-ab21-bc5ff475ccbe}
    displayorder            {current}
    toolsdisplayorder       {memdiag}
    timeout                 30

Windows Boot Loader
    -------------------
    identifier              {current}
    device                  partition=C:
    path                    \Windows\system32\winload.efi
    description             Windows 8.1
    locale                  en-US
    inherit                 {bootloadersettings}
    recoverysequence        {0ced54c3-65a4-11e4-ab21-bc5ff475ccbe}
    integrityservices       Enable
    recoveryenabled         Yes
    isolatedcontext         Yes
    allowedinmemorysettings 0x15000075
    osdevice                partition=C:
    systemroot              \Windows
    resumeobject            {0ced54c1-65a4-11e4-ab21-bc5ff475ccbe}
    nx                      OptIn
    bootmenupolicy          Standard
    hypervisorlaunchtype    Off

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Having a right faff on here, re-installed Windows again, and now getting a Load MMdriver Application popup on start up, seems related to the drivers according to this :- http://www.freefixer.com/library/file/MMLoadDrv.exe-74250/

Now, i don't have these 14.12s on again yet, as after id reinstalled, i just popped the 14.9 WHQLs on for now.

Anyone got any ideas ?, as when id re-installed after getting my x99 up and running on Tuesday, everything worked fine after my re-install, so i don't understand it, had no Load MMdriver popups, and my Razer Synapse for my mouse worked, but that doesn't work now either, everytime i install it, and select yes to launch (so i can sign in) i just get the 'stopped working'. :confused:

Tried removing the 14.9s, which worked first time, had no popups about MMdriver (restarted 3x times to make sure), so popped the 14.9s back on again, and after the mandatory restart, MMdriver popup was back, so did a search, and found it could be something to do with the .NET Framework, so i downloaded the 4.5.1 again, ran it, selected the repair, and restarted, popup was gone (tried another 3x times), so tried my Synapse for my mouse again (also uses the .NET Framework), and the buggers back, and this time, i can't get rid of it.

Odd thing is though, my gfx card is working fine, and the CCC (which uses the .NET Framework), is also working and running fine, wtf :confused:

Wonder if its worth trying a DDU, to fully clean, and trying these 14.12 Omegas on again, as they also work, as i popped them on the other day, after my first re-install.

Also, after id first got the drivers on, it was fine, no Load MMdriver popup, it only started popping up, when i was near the end of installing all of the Windows updates (as installed the gfx drivers before doing them), but i hadn't tried the Synapse before all the updates, only tried installing that after.

Sorry for the long post, im literally ripping my hair out here with this.

18. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I think the option only mainly appears for AMD-based motherboard; has to do with timings or something.

But basically, Catalyst will force the use of HPET on AMD-based systems in certain cases (possibly only on Windows 8/8.1+). No idea why. I thought 14.12 finally stopped doing it, but not entirely sure.

If you know your CPU supports Invariant TSC, removing the entry manually and rebooting should be fine, and you may even have better performance. But I assume AMD has a good reason to be forcing it to begin with...

19. _RA_

_RA_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini ITX
    hmm looks like max payne 3 now crashes....with these drivers

Faulting module name: atidxx32.dll

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  20. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Rog Strix Vega 64
    3DMark 11 score with HPET enabled: X3071 Disabled: X3041
    This wasn't the problem but i found what it was..
    By setting "Texture Filtering Quality" to "standard", "Surface Format Optimization" to "on" and "Tessellation Mode" to "Amd Optimized" (Default CCC settings) my score went up to X3242.
    So no problems here i guess..
    Also i saw that windows keeps enabling HPET after every restart. Searched a little but didn't find a solution to that. But then again i don't see a problem with it enabled..