AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega WHQL (14.501.1003.0 November 20)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shadow_craft, Dec 9, 2014.

1. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    To clarify, far as the Skyrim goes, I've never had any issues with any drivers before this one, the 14.4's and up before now have just been the mouse issue (which I could deal with if I absolutely had to, but its still an irritant and without any noticeable improvements elsewhere never had any need to leave the 13.12's). Its only the 14.12's that are giving me the Skyrim problems. And its definitely not hardware. I just finished playing for about half an hour or so back on the 13.12's with absolutely no issues whatsoever. No artifacts, no flickering. Seems someone else posted about a very similar problem with the Omega's on the Steam boards, so at least I know I'm not alone. Hope it gets sorted but the deck's stacked against me on an older card regarding an older game.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  2. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    That's really weird. Must be specific hardware or combinations. I played since installing the driver and it looked perfectly fine.

3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    depends on what port you are using

for HDMI, each reso has its own settings, so you hae to change your desktop and go fix them.

4. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Good drivers so far. X-wing Alliance, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Max Payne, and Jedi Outcast all run like a dream :rock:.

5. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I'm using three monitors currently (in standard multi-monitor mode; not Eyefinity). Tried waking monitors from sleep; only one monitor turned on (one hooked up via DVI); others (DVI-to-HDMI and DVI-to-MiniDP) stayed off. The one that turned on only showed a black screen and a flickering cursor for a short period of time before the system hard-locked.

Why is it so hard to have monitors sleep and wake up properly?

Edit: Had it happen twice in a row, only the second time, 2 monitors came back, and not the third (DVI-to-MiniDP); had the same flickering (seems like the monitors kept connecting and disconnecting), and eventually BSoD due to TDR.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2014
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Its a Good driver -> Optimisation for x6 or x8 cores are great in games which dont use multi-core properly

7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    getting avg fps of near 80 in bioshock at 2560x1600 all maxed wot the effin fok.

8. HerrFornit

HerrFornit Active Member

GPU:
    Asus HD7790-DC2OC-2GD5
    AMD Catalystâ„¢ HDMI Scaling Hotfix Software Suite

yep, these "irregularities" happened quiet often these days at AMD homepage.

:confused::confused::confused:

9. Emre9110

Emre9110 Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 280X VAPOR-X
    My test result with 14.4 WHQL, 14.11 Beta 2 and 14.12 Omega Driver on Dx11 mod not Mantle.

I did 5 tests for each driver and these are avg of them.

Avg 118.097-----Min 76.6-----Max 184.6 14.4 WHQL
    Avg 129.320-----Min 85.2-----Max 190.4 14.11 Beta 2
    Avg 125.650-----Min 76.8-----Max 189.6 14.12 Omega

As you can see best driver for me 14.11 Beta 2.

Test done in =ADK= #5 server 800 ticket 64 people locker. 1080p and medium 280x Vapor-x and 4670k. Whole system is without OC. Everything was default.

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I wasn't at my native 1920x1080, was in the usual 640x480 (or whatever it sets when it pops the Standard VGA Adapter back on), so i just clicked the Yes to change the res, and it just went to native :p

11. Final8ty

Final8ty Master Guru

GPU:
    2x5970 Toxic 4GB 900/1200
  12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Excellent!!!

Been waiting for either Nvidia or AMD to implement this in their drivers. Will save having to rely on RTSS, or Dxtory to cap FPS in games that don't have this feature built in!

Also

Why is everyone talking about the 14.12 Omega drivers still?

When the HDMI hotfix drivers are newer! Dated Dec 10th compared to Novemeber 20th. The driver it self is newer, I loaded up the installer without uninstalling Omega drivers and in the list it said "Update graphics driver to XXXXX".

They are newer, and FINALLY and I a mean FINALLY!! No need to load up CCC after clean driver install to set overscan values anymore! It just loads up in fullscreen now! This bug has existed for me since I had my 4870x2!!!!!

EDIT:

HMDI driver dec 10th!

Driver package: 14.501.1003.1001

14.12 Omega November 20th

Driver package: 14.501.1003.0000

HDMI driver package is newer, and gives better stability for me than Nov 20th Omega drivers. Everything else is the same.

Normally when I clean uninstall drivers with DDU in safe mode, and reinstall new drivers in normal mode. Upon reboot my screen has a large border around the WHOLE image of the screen. Meaning I have to go and manaully set overscan settings to 0% in CCC.

HDMI Dec 10th drivers completely fixed this for me! Uninstalled in safe mode with latest DDU reinstalled Dec 10th drivers in normal mode and upon reboot my screen is now FULL SCREEN no borders!

Only took them like nearly five years to fix this issue!

13. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
  14. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
  15. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    yes is old bug resurrection:banana:

16. zero13be

zero13be Guest

GPU:
    16gb
    anyone know why i get a blurry screen ingame when i downsample, like some crappy FXAA gets enabled? The resolution on itself works fine, but my whole screen becomes blurry ingame. My native res is 1920X1080 and all my settings are still on default. GPU is R9-290 tri-X

17. HerrFornit

HerrFornit Active Member

GPU:
    Asus HD7790-DC2OC-2GD5
    got some problems while scrolling like "tearing" in firefox/cyberfox
    (no HW acceleration)

(but not as bad as BSODS !!!)

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just tried that VSR, and its not for me, can't go back to 60Hz now, its terrible. :D

19. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I'm using 60hz and vsr in dragon age: inquisition, the pace of the game and the crappy in game AA make it worth it. Playing cod and bf though I switch back to 120hz and 1440p.

20. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Catalyst > Gaming > 3D Application Settings

There's System Settings (which are system-wide settings). You can add executables with the "+ Add ..." button below Application Settings.

Adding a executable gives it it's own set of settings on the right-side. You can set something for that executable, and then see that it isn't set on the System Settings, or any other executable.

Hmm, i'm downloading the HDMI hotfix driver now (can find it here for anyone interested); hopefully I get better results with it than the Nov 20th driver (in regards to the sleep issue anyway).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014