AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega WHQL (14.501.1003.0 November 20)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shadow_craft, Dec 9, 2014.

1. jaju123

jaju123 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    Why does my control panel have no VSR option? R9 290 crossfire.

2. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    if you installed over the previous driver you will need to use a driver cleaner and install from fresh also if you use used CRU you will need to remove the previous settings from your cru then reboot and install graphics driver fresh then it will work.

3. Final8ty

Final8ty Master Guru

GPU:
    2x5970 Toxic 4GB 900/1200
    They are the display output ports, which newer AMD cards support a maximum of 6.

So with my 3x290s i get 18 display output ports show up, but only 6 when running CF as everything needs to be connected to one card.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  4. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    You should pass this onto AMDMatt.

I have had a few users on leshcatlabs.net report on the slow bootup time with drivers newer than 14.4. The reports were mostly from 6770m/6470m cards.

However the blackscreen upon wakeup issue seems to be unrelated to the prolonged boot time.

I still haven't found any correlation in this behavior.

5. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    So after installing this driver I do get some crashes in some games. Like I rarely see crashes but I got one in Advanced warfare earlier playing on super low graphics so it's not even doing much on the gpu's. I also played Battlefield 4 and i do get random crashes using mantle. My games will freeze randomly so it's not like the card is unstable I bet it's this driver.

After I had the crash I restarted my pc and could play the whole night then went into BF4 played about half a round no issues. Went into test range played a bit and then boom game freeze and can't do anything in my operating system. So don't know what this could be. It was fine on previous drivers but on this driver everything is smoother but then I get this weird issue.

Last night all was fine but only from tonight it's not

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  6. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Sounds like an unstable overclock/memory to me.

7. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    no nothing has been changed. no overclock just as I got it the first time. no cpu overclock and my memroy is running standard ddr3 1600mhz. I also disabled ULPS and the fans running at more aggresive speed. Max temps on top card is 80-83C and vrm is running at 65C max

8. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    sounds fine to me.

have you run memtest to check your sticks?

Is your 16gb 2x8 or 4x4? is it a matched set?

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    ^ this!

I ran Memtest at boot and left it running for literally 12 hours and I had no errors at all on ANY memory.

My second rig, bare in mind it is a much old LGD775 rig with 4GB DDR2 1066MHz memory, I got three errors on that after just 4 hours of testing. Took out one stick and it ran for 12 hours without any errors at all. I replaced the faulty ram stick with a cheap on (same brand/specs) off ebay and it ran for 13 hours no errors.

Great program to test memory on your rig! Used it for years now.

10. pheonix1

pheonix1 New Member

GPU:
    AMDMatt ? What do you mean?
    prolonged boot time? I have windows in ssd drive.

11. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    it's a matched set. I will test memtest this weekend. Funny thing is I'm on teamspeak with clan mates and when game freezes I can still speak on teamspeak and so on but can't do anything else. not even ctrl + alt + delete works nothing have to hard reset. That's on different games.

I'm running 2x 8gb sticks. I had 4x4GB stick with 2x matching sticks. So it was a 2x(2x4GB pair) makes 16GB and had issues with sticks not being compatible. But not only my system had the issue. I installed it on another system and had same issue.

12. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000

AMDMatt is a member on this forum. He works for AMD UK? and is pretty helpful in terms of taking feedback on potential issues.

A few users I have spoken to on PXAI (AMD+Intel) setups have been complaining about the issue of a prolonged bootup/blackscreen/crash even if on an SSD:

Code:
    [SIZE="1"]-"there is a long delay before logon. Black screen, catalyst control center takes a while to start up. God help you if you right click the desktop before it does, windows explorer will crash. This is on a ssd."

-"...Actually, I got them to install and work, but didn't really test them due to the huge delay in startup time."

-"Hello,

I have HP DV6 6020 ST Intel 3000 + AMD 6770M

Newer then the 14.4 Leshcat releases, causes too long wait with blackscreen on start-up on windows 8.1 x64. I have tried almost every release of Leshcat or AMD but everyone is causing blackscreen wait before the login screen on OS startup. 

On 14.4 first releases the problem doesnt exist.

Is that a general problem or should i reinstall the OS can resolve the problem? Also Notebook is cant wake up after the sleep mode with new releases. I tried newest 14.12 but same problem happened. Any ideas? "

-"well i had same on win10. like 12 secs delay. never happend to me on win 8.x x64"

-"yes it shows amd 6700series.. but the version driver empty. lol. oh well... the 14.9.2 kinda buged too dalby... got 5min freeze password menu. and if i click right mouse key windows freezes and need to restart the os."[/SIZE]

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    The issue could quite possible be that when using Mantle + Ultra textures, over time it is completely filling up the 4GB on both halves of your video card which then leads to the game crashing.

:<

14. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
  15. roadczar

roadczar Member

GPU:
    2080 TI FTW3 Ultra
    Well, it finally crashed, just took a bit longer. You are probably right about the Mantle memory leak.

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I would ask you: Did you perform standard install over? Or did you used uninstall all AMD software, cleaned with DDU and then installed?

Because for many (me included) driver installation went OK, but driver was not installed, only other components got through.
    Maybe check installed version via CCC>Information>Software.

17. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Anyone have any luck with Eyefinity, or more specifically, bezel compensation?

Was trying to do bezel compensation, and my monitors just flicker a bit, and then Catalyst says my monitor configuration changed.

I'm on 10 Tech Preview, so maybe that could be why; but I'd rather hear someone else's feedback before I go redo everything again.

18. progrox

progrox Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 270X 2GB OC
    Everything went fine. Driver is mostly okay. First time trying to open the CCC made the desktop light up looking like a badly coded overbright Bloom effect. It only happened once though.

64-bit Firefox with HW enabled crashed once pointing to atidxx64.dll. That didn't happen with 14.9.

19. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Yes I uninstalled and cleaned using DDU then installed new drivers. I checked CCC>information>software and all looks good. Same version as state in first post. Some games like Farcry 4 and so on feels better. So I don't know. Maybe even my PSU is giving me issues. I did a 3dmark firestrike test and everything is fine. Tested about 3 times and it's not crashing.

I'm busy testing my memory with HCI memtest as that's the only software that could detect and issue last time on different machines using same memory. I run it like 6 times with 2048mb on each so will see. So far it's at 12% no issues. Could it also be that my graphics cards doesn't want to accept the Qnix evolution II. Maybe it's the way the signal is processed or maybe the combination of drivers and monitor. I made a post here cause I had other issues as well but now I get more issues.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=395270

I don't want to go Nvidia or another AMD card if I don't know if it's the card/drivers/windows/monitor.

20. Alpha_Tay

Alpha_Tay Active Member

GPU:
    -
    Install KB3024777 to fix an issue with KB3004394 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

The KB 3004394 update that was dated December 10, 2014 can cause additional problems on computers that are running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. This includes the inability to install future updates. This new update is available to remove KB 3004394 from your computer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3024777