AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega WHQL (14.501.1003.0 November 20)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shadow_craft, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    That it is just an overrated over marketed over hyped driver !

2. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Driver Packaging Version 14.501-141112a-177751E
    Direct3D Version 9.14.10.01080
    OpenGL Version 6.14.10.13282
    Mantle Driver Version 9.1.10.0045
    Mantle API Version 98304
    AMD Catalyst Control Center Version 2014.1112.1033.18936
    AMD Audio Driver Version 7.12.0.7719

3. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    The Guru3D driver when extracted extracts to AMD-Catalyst-Omega-RC-Win8.1-Win7-Nov14 and has more AMD drivers included, seems like an APU driver. AMD driver package is newer, Nov20, and has less drivers and inf files, seems GPU only.

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Like I said in the other thread, the AMD Catalyst Control Centre version in the AMD driver is:

I was thinking it may be just WHQL certification stuff, but there might be a byte or two difference in the actual driver itself too. You wouldn't know unless you did a file by file compare of the two versions.

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    "End of the Line" aka. "Duck Update" is crap!

First installation failed (application crash) however my second attempt was a success, driver seem to be functional, Team Fortress 2 is running just fine! Thank you!

6. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    AMD Special Edition Driver: Catalyst Omega

Hello Everyone,

We’re happy to bring you our new, special edition driver called Catalyst Omega. This driver was engineered to take new advantage of the advanced technologies built into our products as we’ve found new ways of using an existing architecture to deliver exciting new features.

Before downloading the driver, I suggest you read the blog which provides information about its features, benefits and how this driver enables developers to deliver outstanding user experiences.

The Catalyst Omega special edition driver is the biggest and the best software upgrade AMD has released this year. It's our way of saying ‘Thank you’ for providing your feedback by using our Issue Reporting Form all along…very helpful.

Click here to download the driver. (You can choose to use either our Driver Autodetect Tool or select your operating system version which will take you to the corresponding download page).

For instructions on how to uninstall or install the AMD Catalyst Software Suite, you may refer to the following support resources:

How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst™ Drivers From A Windows® Based System
    How-To Install AMD Catalyst™ Drivers For A Windows® Based System

Please make sure to read the Feature Highlights and the Known Issues sections to learn more about this version of the driver and continue to use the Issue Reporting Form to report any issues/bugs you may find.

Thank you and Merry Christmas.

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We have a combined RC Windows 32/64 build compatible with Win 7 and 8 whereas AMD offers them in separate packages. The driver is the same. Feel free to seek any differences otherwise.

Our build was provided by AMD and is the build used in our article.

8. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    @AMDMATT did you guys also improved the frame pacing for r9 280x crossfire setups? i sure hope so cause then I should enjoy this driver.

I wish the driver review had the 7990 included. that would be awesome but hey maybe they see almost no benefits.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  9. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Yes, frame pacing has been improved across the board and we will continue to improve this wherever possible. :)

10. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    So I should see improved performance even on my Resolution @ 2560x1440. This driver is making me extremely exited man. Can't wait to get home from work but it's so longs now. Only 10:20 here :(

Anyway I going to get ahead of myself and say good job :D Without customer feedback AMD can't really do what they did here.

11. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Thank you and yes, customer feedback is really important to us as constructive feedback helps us improve. This in turn benefits us all, so once again thank you everyone. :)

12. battled

battled Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD7870 2GB
    Not sure why but after installing this driver I've noticed strange stuttering on character models in Inquisition followed by a STD after 5 minutes and my PC froze when I tried to restart the game. o_O

13. 342157

342157 Guest

GPU:
    7450M 1GB
  14. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    @AMDMatt do you plan to drop HD5/6000-series driver support in the near future?

15. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    If you want to be 100% sure you downloading the right one get it from AMD website

16. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    This drivers are older that 14.11.2 for DA:I, so if I'm playing Dragon Age 3 should I stay with 14.11.2 beta drivers??

17. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    I would recommend the drivers from the AMD website.

We have no plans to drop support for those cards.

18. bart5986

bart5986 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 290x OC
    Can only get 3200x1800 for some reason but not a big deal.

What I don't get is why can I only use 60hz at this resolution when I can do 1080p at 120hz?

If its a fake resolution then surely you can do 4k @ 120hz?

If it was sending 4k over the hdmi cable then my monitor would be reporting 4k.

Hopefully something that can be fixed :)

19. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    @AMDMatt, since I have gone 3x 29" Uwide in eyefinity, my DVI moniter always flickers little straight green lines and it does untill I switch it off and then back on, then its fine again. It does this usually on a mode change and/or the odd reboot. This driver still does the same thing. Although not as often as previous drivers. I have one moniter on DVI, one on DP and the main on HDMI. Is there something I'm missing here, or is this a driver issue?

using windows 7 x64. So far, this is the ONLY consistent complaint I've had since starting to use Eyefinity, and various forums on ultrawidescreen gaming and whatnot haven't been able to provide me with others that have been afflicted with this issue. Any thoughts?
    all 3 moniters are IPS, 2 LG 29" and 1 Asus 29"*centre* the LG on the right outside is the one that seems to flicker/DVI.
    Ive run thru all the settings in the CC, so just curious as to your suggestions...or anyone's at this point.
    thx.

20. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Ah ok! I was thinking it might be like some other drivers in the past.

somemadcaaant wrote: (http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4973952&postcount=22)
    OpenGL Version 6.14.10.13282
    AMD Catalyst Control Center Version 2014.1112.1033.18936

but for these, my versions with the AMD driver are:
    OpenGL Version 6.14.10.13283
    AMD Catalyst Control Center Version 2014.1120.2123.38423

Without doing a file compare (using command prompt fc.exe or comp.exe or something else) on the driver files, I just assumed that maybe they weren't bit identical despite having the same versions for the rest of the driver files, since this has been the case in the past.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014